shape
carat
color
clarity

2013 Holiday Gift Thread!

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
I received a paspaley south sea charm bracelet with 5 south sea pearl charms in 18k gold :love:

_13012.jpg

_13013.jpg

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Circe|1387988165|3580345 said:
Shall we consolidate our celebratory bling? Post yours!

Me: a new sapphire bracelet, estimated tcw 10 carats and change. And a shot of the flanking baguette bands I bought to wear with my three carat french cut band. I feel fancy. :cheeky:

Oh wow. That bracelet is incredible.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1387988165|3580345 said:
Shall we consolidate our celebratory bling? Post yours!

Me: a new sapphire bracelet, estimated tcw 10 carats and change. And a shot of the flanking baguette bands I bought to wear with my three carat french cut band. I feel fancy. :cheeky:

Circe, that new sapphire bracelet is tdf!! And love the new bands too. Merry Christmas indeed!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
braga123|1387992522|3580364 said:
Here's mine: .65 carat diamond asscher halo for my right hand. Merry Christmas to all!

Braga, I want an asscher halo for Christmas!! Please do a SMTB thread on this! It's beautiful!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was given this tanzanite necklace, purchased preloved from Makingthegrade! It is super pretty! And my first tanzanite!

img_6049.jpg

img_6044.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1387999234|3580391 said:
Absolutely gorgeous Circe and braga123!!

I had a very sparkly Christmas. 2.53cttw diamond hoops, zircon and diamond studs and a very nice Michele watch! I am spoiled!! :lol:

Catmom, gorgeous ear bling. Totally fabulous!!!

yennyfire said:
Here's my new Carl Blackburn/Bev. K 18k rose & white gold band....love everyone's goodies! Librarychickie, that is a really cool ring!
Yenny, that is such a beautiful thick band. A bev k is soooo on my list too. Looks great on you!

librarychickie said:
DH did really well this year! Here's my new tsavorite ring by Alishan. It is 18kt brush gold over oxidized sterling silver. The oxidation will wear to a beautiful gray color in the next few months. I love this ring!

I just saw the Hobbit (2) and that ring totally looks like something Tauriel this total ass-kicking she-elf would have worn. Awesome!!! Love it. Totally rocks!

Elisateach said:
The bling elf gifted me this. It's from Israel Rose.
I always wanted a diamond cross, this is the pic from the site, it's a perfect size and the detailing is amazing. For small diamonds.35 cttw
They sparkle plenty.

Elisateach, that is a beautiful cross. Can't wait to see neck shots!

Ruby jackets?? Jealous!!! They look great!!

Everyone, I am sure I missed some, but I love ALL your Christmas bling. Hope to see more!!

I was wearing mine for a while and then DH said I was cheating. I had to put it under the tree, and now I can wear it daily...
dsc_0031.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1388072481|3580747 said:
I was given this tanzanite necklace, purchased preloved from Makingthegrade! It is super pretty! And my first tanzanite!

img_6049.jpg

img_6044.jpg

Gorgeous!! Wow, that blue is amazing...

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your new ring is gorgeous LLJsMom! Can we get a handshot??

Mom2boys, it was a long time coming, but I finally have it! You know that I love your DBTY!! Swoon!

DS, so happy that you got the watch you wanted!

Circe, that bracelet is TDF!! You always have the most amazing pieces!!

We are one lucky bunch around here!! :love:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I love seeing everyone's new bling! So many great pieces!

I don't have any good shots yet, but I got a little bit of bling this holiday (it has been a blingtastic year and I could probably lump half a dozen pieces at least into the "holiday" category, but this is the only one that truly arrived just a few days ago).

img_3172.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely gifts all!!! Enjoy :wavey:

Santa brought some pearls :appl:. Catherine Cardellini's metallic multicolor with opals, metallic pale pink with white keshis and white metallic with coins and purples here and there (long rope and shorter strand) :lickout: . Luckily I took photos when they arrived last week. Here has been raining all week... I got four pairs pearl earrings too but not decent photos yet...

_13015.jpg

_13016.jpg

_13017.jpg

_13018.jpg

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
015adfdab93b_3b52f9d2-436b-4fb7-bcac-33e927ee5e22.jpg

Mikimoto pearl station bracelet

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many I missed!! I've been looking forward to seeing everyone's Christmas bling for a while. It's been worth the wait!

mom2boys said:
Oh yes DS, I completely forgot about my own "recycled" Christmas bling (WF 2.55 tcw 34" DBTY)! :))

mom2boys, this one made me drool. (There needs to be a drool icon.) :lickout: close enough...

mochiko42 said:
My Christmas present to myself ;-)

rhr.jpg

Perfect RHR!!

KristinTech said:
New to me spess garnet-- how about that color! :) Not the greatest in-focus shot, but shows the color off well with dh's new Bears shirt. I will be starting a thread this week in CS for help with setting it into a ring!

ETA: Fingernail polish is OPI red, for color reference.

It does go with the Bear's shirt! Congrats! That color is stunning.

allie83 said:
I already posted my spoils this year, but again my new diamond band!

Allie, your band and e-ring make a perfect set!

diamondseeker2006 said:
Love everything posted!!!

My contribution is a Cartier Tank Francaise midsize watch:

Of course DS, your gorgeous Cartier... I especially love this style, b/c it's feminine without being girly. It's very beautiful. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LLJsmom|1388083114|3580867 said:
Hi Yenny, I am a little embarrassed to even post it again, b/c I seriously went sooo overboard on my first set of pics, but this is the thread. Thanks for liking it. It's my favorite child right now ;-)

yennyfire|1388076622|3580793 said:
Your new ring is gorgeous LLJsMom! Can we get a handshot??

We are one lucky bunch around here!! :love:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...cut-eternity-in-platinum-pic-overload.195811/

Did I miss it?? It's gorgeous!! I love the milgraining! It's an elegant touch! Thanks for linking to the thread!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
congrats to everyone on their holiday bling!!! it is all lovely!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: Thanks for sharing!!! I love all the goodies!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well this is fun! Love all your goodies, PSers!
And I am thrilled to report that I have something to contribute!!

I had resigned myself to a bling-free Christmas, thanks to an irritable hubby who hates shopping. :sun:
Tbh I wasn't even feeling sorry for myself (any longer) and was determined to enjoy the season just 'as is'.

To my utter surprise, he came home on Christmas Eve evening and announced with an air of confidence that Santa would be visiting moi after all!

Of course, this turn of events was internally greeted with private alarm, because who knows what a last-minute husband could buy locally in a country town jewellers during a late work day lunchbreak on Christmas Eve??!! :errrr:

At 5am Christmas Day, he proudly presented his present.
And what did I find?

And....

I feel like rushing down to our local family jewellers and kissing them with relief!!

Of course, I have been thinking of expanding into white gold, but will save that conversation for another day lol!!!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas Day!!

pearl_pendant_christmas_2013_2.jpg

pearl_earrings_christmas_2013_1.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great gifts! Anyone wanna see my crock pot, new bigger cuisinart (I SQUEALED) and electric blankets? lol I didn't think so hahah!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Here's mine. New to me, JbEG three stone OMC, approx 2tcw. :love:

It was purchased from the absolutely amazing Demelza!! Cannot say enough good things about this wonderful lady.

Oh and a huge thank you to Grace from JbEG who assisted us with the shipping. Grace is awesome!!!

_13097.jpg

_13098.jpg

_13099.jpg

_13100.jpg

Katie1359

Rough_Rock
My alexandrite birthstone RHR in custom setting. It was inspired by Tacori 2620 setting with some changes. In love!

_13102.jpg

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Everyone's gifts are so lovely!!!

FI got me a beautiful pair of diamond hoops from Kay's. This was really unexpected and a splurge for him this year since we are expecting and are also in the middle of a remodel. I am very blessed to have him! I'll post a pic as soon as I get one off of my phone and onto the computer. They're dainty and I love them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your gifts are all so pretty.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.23cttw cushion diamonds, E SI 1, VG cut, Ex polish, VG symmetry.

Going to make these into bezeled studs with removable jackets.

img_3169.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another view - same Christmas stones. <3

img_3173.jpg

My stuff wasn't "technically" for the holidays, but I took advantage ;-) This year we had our first baby and I turned... 30. We have spent well into the multi 5 digit range to rip out floors and do a lot of work in the house- so I had a hard time buying myself anything- but I figured this was the year to do it!

Unfortunatelly, I have been working on this since before thanksgiving :knockout:
At first I purchased 1 ctw hoops from Blue Nile and 1/2 ctw hoops from Blue Nile. The 1 carat had 2 pointers and the 1/2 carat had ~ 3 pointers. I wore both sets (one each day) and while they were "ok" it just wasn't the look I wanted. So, I tried to exchange both pairs for a pair of the 2ctw hoops and THAT is where my problems really started. I have now sent back my 2nd pair of 2ctw hoops in hopes that someone will hand pick a pair for me that are not damaged or in need of repair. If the 3rd pair that I hopefully get (next week??) are just as bad I'm just going to throw in the towel on the whole thing. I WILL make a thread whenever I get the 3rd set (hopefully) with my whole ordeal with BN (it has mostly sucked, but there was one person that was the only redeeming thing about the company that made me decide to try again for the 3rd time..)

OK so pictures. Oh wait, I totally forgot that while I was working on returning/ buying/ returning/ buying etc, I also purchased two rose gold bands through BN as well.

Ok so this first picture shows an ear shot of the 1ctw hoops, and then the 1/2ctw, and then they are turned on the side with a .74 stud, and then compared on my pinky.

This next picture shows the 14k rose gold bands (pink sapphire and amethyst) with my 9 stone (10 pointers each) wband and the 2ctw hoop on the outside.

And this next one is an ear shot of the 2ctw hoops (covering up my tattoo- as well) with my 1.46ctw studs (which were completely filthy- sorry ps!)

I really, really, hope that the 3rd set will be it. The 2nd pair are on their way to BN right now.. so.. we'll see.

As a side note, my shutterfly holiday cards were stolen from fed ex, so I get to send out new years cards in January, if they ever show up.

phgggoto.jpg

fggg.jpg

phofghfdgto.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to be Christmas shopping until my birthday in February because I didn't get to do proper Christmas shopping this year because of my health. BUT....... I did have the foresight (LOL!) to buy myself one little treasure long before the holiday got here. It's a grand vintage diamond snowflake from the vaults of our lovely friends Erica & Grace. So here is my F/G, VVS one carat diamond snowflake. I had been looking for a diamond snowflake for a decade and now I finally have the Grandmama of all snowflakes. Please excuse the stock photo. My camera died while I was ill and I'm tired of trying to get it to work again. I need a new camera now too!

I'm also playing Let's Make a Deal with a guy in eBay for a collectible watch that I wanted to buy eighteen yrs. ago (but missed the boat back then) Stay tuned.....

Please, before anyone says "we need a neck shot!", I've been in and out of hospitals for a month. Been to more doctor's appts., gone for more tests and have dragged myself thru December almost totally in yoga pants and no make-up (you know how that goes). So I haven't actually worn my beautiful pendant yet. I was waiting for the opportunity to get dressed for something special. This baby is big though. It's something like 1 1/4" wide and truth be told, it reminded me of our dear friend Gypsy's gorgeous custom pendant and that made me smile.

Happy holidays! I should be all shopped out by........ Easter!

jbyeg_img5162-m.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1388240863|3581829 said:
I am going to be Christmas shopping until my birthday in February because I didn't get to do proper Christmas shopping this year because of my health. BUT....... I did have the foresight (LOL!) to buy myself one little treasure long before the holiday got here. It's a grand vintage diamond snowflake from the vaults of our lovely friends Erica & Grace. So here is my F/G, VVS one carat diamond snowflake. I had been looking for a diamond snowflake for a decade and now I finally have the Grandmama of all snowflakes. Please excuse the stock photo. My camera died while I was ill and I'm tired of trying to get it to work again. I need a new camera now too!

I'm also playing Let's Make a Deal with a guy in eBay for a collectible watch that I wanted to buy eighteen yrs. ago (but missed the boat back then) Stay tuned.....

Please, before anyone says "we need a neck shot!", I've been in and out of hospitals for a month. Been to more doctor's appts., gone for more tests and have dragged myself thru December almost totally in yoga pants and no make-up (you know how that goes). So I haven't actually worn my beautiful pendant yet. I was waiting for the opportunity to get dressed for something special. This baby is big though. It's something like 1 1/4" wide and truth be told, it reminded me of our dear friend Gypsy's gorgeous custom pendant and that made me smile.

Happy holidays! I should be all shopped out by........ Easter!

gemgirl, gorgeous snowflake pendant...simply stunning. :love:

I am glad you are feeling better and wish you all the best health and happiness in 2014...and I hope you get that collectible watch you have your eye on in ebay. (((Hugs))) for continued healthy recovery!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, I absolutely LOVE your snowflake necklace. It's just gorgeous!!

Erika, thank you so much for adding us to the "Jewels of the Week"!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1388242331|3581848 said:

+1!!!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1388242331|3581848 said:

Awww, thank you CatMom! and you *know* I'd love to live inside your jewelry case. I have always LOVED your taste! Stunning, stunning and more stunning! Hugs to the big guy for finding you such uniquely beautiful stones and jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results