shape
carat
color
clarity

I think there's something moving around in the x-mas tree

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Tahoe visiting my friend for the holidays. Last night I slept on the couch because it's better for my back (trust me) and about midnight I was woken up by something. I feel back asleep but an hour later was woken up again and this time I lay there listening to SOMETHING moving round either in the tree or in the presents underneath. I did the logical middle-of-the-night thing and bolted the hell upstairs, but now I'm down here sitting in the farthest chair from the tree waiting for something to happen. I have also been the first person awake (by many hours) for the past five mornings and I've come down and worked on the computer on that same couch in the pre-dawn hours and not heard anything. The only things I can think of are that it either came with the tree or yesterday when my friend's parents were putting her gift (a grill) together on the back deck the thing came in when the door (which is right by the tree) was open. Is this at all feasible? Am I crazy. WHAT could it be? A mouse? (Please say yes, just A MOUSE!) Could the tree just be acclimating to being inside (temperature, humidity, that sort of thing? but it's been in the same spot inside for four days now?)?

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: I think there's something moving around in the x-mas tre

Hee hee.

I'm going to be following this one. My money is on either (a) elves or (b) the lights are heating up the needles and causing the tree to dry and shift.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh, this kind of thing freaks me out too! Somehow it's even more scary not knowing what it is! The other night I was home by myself and some critter was scratching and clawing on the roof of the sunporch, and at one point I thought it had gotten in - I kept thinking "what the hell is that?" This is worse because it was in the room! But I'm thinking it was a mouse - if it was anything bigger I think you'd have seen it by now. Do they have a cat?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm thinking mouse too but I am so dreadfully fearful of them I can't even wrap my mind around this! You must come back and tell us what it was!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChristineRose, the lights have been on for a few hours each day now, but the rustling happened twice last night and each time when I moved it stopped. At this point I’m hoping for elves!!!

Junebug, no cat, but he’s it’s Christmas! If there’s an animal shelter open I’m thinking Kitty Gift! (ETA: Junebug, you have to read this old thread below!)

I did have a mouse in my garage once when I lived in my townhouse:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scratch-scratch-scratch-hello-im-the-thing-in-your-wall.156913/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scratch-scratch-scratch-hello-im-the-thing-in-your-wall.156913/[/URL]

Now THAT was a traumatic thread for me…

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MGR, I didn't see your post before. So I explained to Dad this whole thing and he said (very nonchalantly, I might add!), "Oh it's probably a deer mouse. Of course you never have just ONE mouse." YIKES. :-o

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Every few years I get a bat. It's happened at more than one apartment as well. I'm getting pretty good at dealing with them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A BAT. Holy sh!t. :errrr:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Funny. A friend of mine had a toddler who was playing around on the beach in Tahoe. Toddler walked up to the mom and said "mom look what I found?" Dead bat!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aak! I would be freaking out myself. Is it a live Christmas tree? Sometimes they might have a bird or squirrel in it too. I suspect a mouse. Good luck!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Maybe it's a ghost, DeeJay! Somebody who loves Christmas & came for just one more?

--- Laurie

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
D

Deactivated member 42515

Poor mouse! It just wants a warm place to sleep for the holidays!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee Jay:

Relax. It was Santa Clause ensuring that all the presents were appropriate.

If you had not panicked Santa would have allowed himself to be seen by you and then you could have chatted with Santa himself (the real Santa).

Of course, the people above speculating on elves would be correct; as Santa is an elf.

The world is truly an amazing place full of all kinds of wonder and excitement (and nice people too). Santa Clause (the real one) is part of that wonder. I hope you have another opportunity in another year to actually see and meet Santa.

I personally find it amazing how many people let their own beliefs and fears interfere with actually seeing the real world correctly.

May you and your family have a wonderful and happy holiday season.

Perry

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope it turns out to be nothing interesting!

Please do let us know what it turns out to be though! I'd never really thought about something living IN the tree :errrr:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay|1387989963|3580357 said:

ROFLAO. Priceless.... Can't wait to hear the outcome!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

omygosh Deejay, I laughed out loud reading that thread! I was petrified that whatever was scurrying around on the roof was somehow going to make its way down the chimney, or in some other way invade the house! At one point I thought it was in the wall. I couldn't pinpoint exactly where the sounds were coming from - I kept creeping over to the sunroom door and peering out, and of course I was too scared to actually go out there, or even look with a flashlight. I hope that whatever decided to pay a Christmas visit to your friend's house has packed its little suitcase and is headed for home!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

My aunt had squirrels in her house. They got into the basement when the garage door was open. Then they got upstairs and knocked stuff around in the family room. She had to call an exterminator to trap them. She said they were active at night.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When we lived in the mountains we had both a squirrel and a couple bats get in our house. Nothing that ever came in on a christmas tree though. It was probably already in the house and the tree was just too irresistible!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, we haven't heard from Dee Jay. I hope it didn't get her. :errrr: :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1388022092|3580502 said:
Well, we haven't heard from Dee Jay. I hope it didn't get her. :errrr: :lol:

Me too! :lol:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Maybe it's one of these:

_13011.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JaneSmith|1388040294|3580632 said:
Maybe it's one of these:

LOL JaneSmith!!! This is what I was picturing was up on my roof, clawing and scratching and trying to get me! And that's basically what I was saying too lol.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Thing didn't get me! Actually The Thing seems to be... um... gone. Seriously, I DID NOT imagine it! General consensus is that IF there was a Thing what I heard was it making an exit from the tree/present area to another part of the house. Dad thinks it's likely just a deer mouse (although it sounded awfully BIG and LOUD to be a mouse... ), and I choose to believe that he's right because that's so much less scary that all of the alternatives (especially that crazy thing that JaneSmith posted (WTF indeed!). Actually, I like Perry's explanation best of all!!!

What a disappointment from a thread standpoint though -- I was really hoping to have SOMETHING to report (especially in the interest of proving I am not some crazy crackpot who hears things in the night!). Might be time to lighten up on the ol' eggnog before bed... !

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pure entertainment Dee*jay. :D

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JaneSmith|1388040294|3580632 said:
Maybe it's one of these:
LOL!!!

BTW, I would be totally freaked out by a deer mouse.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is my vision of a deer mouse (I'm guessing that might not be entirely correct though!).

deer_mouse.png

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay|1388079181|3580820 said:
This is my vision of a deer mouse (I'm guessing that might not be entirely correct though!).
Oh Goodness! LMAO!!! You just killed me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dee*Jay|1387989963|3580357 said:
My brother came home from a jobsite once (he was working kind of rural on a construction project as the engineer) with a laundry basket full of clothing. When he was going to throw stuff into the washer something moved. Turns out he had a bat in the basket. He got the basket into the garage and then it was flying around in the garage for like 20 minutes before animal control got there. He freaked out that he drove home with that thing in his car that whole time and it could've flown out at him. While we enjoy that visual of him going all Chris Farley in his car NOW, at the time, it was less amusing and he was ridiculously anal-retentive about how he stored his clothing from then on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results