shape
carat
color
clarity

NacreLover - I got a "nice beads" compliment yesterday!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I know you posted your "nice beads" comment in another post but couldn't find it but I wanted to let you know that I received this comment yesterday! I was wearing my jumbo blue/green Tahitians with peacock overtones with an evergreen sweater and a woman at the mall said "nice beads"! It stopped me in my tracks but I did respond "thank you but they're pearls". She said "Oh, they're nice". We don't see too many pearls around here except on Sundays (and when I wear them!) but I laughed to myself when I was going to my car - NacreLover will love this!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: You crack me up. I just opened the forum and your post popped up. I started laughing and had open it up. It's hard to believe you can spend this much money on pearls and people still think they're beads. I don't want them to think that they are dyed so I usually make a point to tell them they are natural colored Tahitian pearls. At this point I usually get , I thought all pearls were white.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know a group of women who will come up and even handle my pearls and say "I love our beads".....I tell them they are pearls.....they continue to talk about how lovely my beads are......sigh.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover and movie zombie - I know, what can you say? Being the pearl fan I am I would probably go into a long lesson on pearl types, sources, sizes, colors, etc. if I didn't put my muzzle on! Well at least they got noticed!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew, can we see a picture of these fabulous "beads" of yours?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon - Santa has promised me an early Christmas present of a new camera! So this coming Sunday is my pearl picture day. Good, bad or ugly I will post pictures that afternoon and hopefully get some tips from the experts here on how to capture the beauty of pearls!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still waiting for my "bead" comment but it hasn't happened yet. I rarely get comments on my pearls. Once a co-worker asked if my shell pearl necklace is real or not.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, in planning for pearl picture day, I've read several topics where the color of the shirt/sweater the preson wears impacts the colors of the pearl. Nothing wrong with that (it worked yesterday with the evergreen sweater!) but when taking neck shots should I stick to a white blouse or sweater? Maybe black? Or find something that is close to the pearl body color? Your thoughts please!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls are really color sensitive. I guess that is why I own so many of them :naughty: When I visit PP to try on pearls I always wear a white shirt with an open neckline. Black can suck the color out of some pearls too.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
OK. So I get a invitiation out for lunch. The woman knows I collect pearls and has seen many of them. I am wearing my new custom cherry Tahitian necklace I just got for our anniversary, my matching cherry dangle earrings and cherry T studs in my second piercing. I had made up a multi color Tahitian 11mm bracelet yesterday to wear with my pearls.
I got there first and my friend came shortly afterwards. She sat down across from me in the booth and started giggling. I said "what's so funny" She said pointing at my bracelet. I know you wear expensive pearls, but that bracelet looks like my mothers old plastic pop beads.
Had to laugh, what else do you do? Here's the multi color T aka popbeads bracelet.

popbeads1.jpg

popbeads2.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NL let's stone her :naughty:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plastic pop beads! How maddening!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Like these...??? :naughty: :bigsmile: (Thought I should add a visual.) :geek:

il_fullxfull_283038281.jpg

popit50s.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I would probably be malicious and point to her ering and say something like "I didn't know they made CZ so tiny!" You're probably more magnanimous than I am.

For the record, your "pop beads" are beautiful.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved pop beads when I was a kid.... :o :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I had pop beads growing up too and I wish they had looked like that! I think we need to have a general education for all women on 1) pearl basics and 2) what not to say to someone wearing pearls!!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my :-o Thanks for the good chuckle!

Nacrelover I hope you won't be lunching with her again. Your bracelet is gorgeous (just look at those colors!) and looks nothing like pop beads...I have a feeling she is green with envy :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sortmon your come back is too funny!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! those are pretty. :razz:
My mothers were white and she handed them off to me when I was really little, I mean under three. Choking hazard? YUP. :o
My friend doesn't wear any jewelry except a wedding ring and stud earrings, but its a good idea if she changes her mind.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1387472744|3577535 said:
Wow! those are pretty. :razz:
My mothers were white and she handed them off to me when I was really little, I mean under three. Choking hazard? YUP. :o
My friend doesn't wear any jewelry except a wedding ring and stud earrings, but its a good idea if she changes her mind.
The toddler safe version of pop beads, with no choking hazard. :))

fisherprice_beads.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My husband was wearing his Tahitian pearl on leather. A co-worker asked him if it was a Hawaiian rock because we vacation there often. :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results