shape
carat
color
clarity

check out this diamond/photoshop help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Anyone good with photoshop? I need some assistance.... Ok, so my fiance and I are going to change my ring to platinum, same design, since my WG is turning yellow. When we were discussing it, we decided that after we get married, the ring isn''t changing (sentimental reasons). Originally we were talking about upgrading from my .33 center to a .5 center in a few years, but if we''re going to do it we want to do it now, because when they remake my ring the band is a shadow band, so it would have to be modified too if we change the e-ring later, so we''d rather just do it all now. Please check this diamond out for me:

Price: $1,500.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.558
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.3
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.36-5.38X3.25

https://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Diamond_Details.aspx?idNo=802486

Denise said it''s eye-clean and gorgeous, and I totally trust her on that. My hesitation is I am not sure how the larger stone will look in my setting... I want the setting to look the same, same sidestones, etc. I know the larger diamond will sit a little higher, and be a bit wider, but somehow I can''t picture it in my setting. Can anyone show me what it might look like?? I''m photo-shop and drawing challenged. :) The new stone is about .89 mm larger than the one I have.

Pictures of my ring are here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ring.25084/

Just so you all know .5 was the original size I was looking at, but the setting I loved had a .33, and this was before I knew you could custom make stuff. ;-) I don''t want bigger than a .5, ever (famous last words!), for my job and lifestyle. I love all the beauties on here, but even 1 ct looks like too much on me, esp since all my friends and family have between .25-.75. So the upgrade would not be just what we could afford now, but would be permanent. However, if the stone would look funny in the setting, I''ll keep the one I have, it IS beautiful and mezmerizing with it''s sparkle. ;-) Any help with my indecision would be awesome!!!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My current setting is similar to yours. I have a 1/3-carat F-VS1 Marquis currently. I saw it with a 1/2-carat round originally and it didn''t look out of sorts at all, especially since I have small rounds on the side (again, like yours). It would probably look stunning!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Sounds good. A marquise would look cool, I think! Do you have a picture of your ring? I''d love to see it!! :)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the design of your ring; I can understand why you would like to keep it. I would say that the change in size will change the look of your ring (highlight the center stone) pleasantly but probably not dramatically. What I would do is buy a cz of the same size you are contemplating so you can get at least an idea of the size change, and also consult a jeweler whether you can put in a different size stone, or if the ring would need to be modified in some way (and how so) to accomodate the change.
Good luck!

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
not sure your exact dimensions, but did a guesstimate. for your .33 ct center, i used a 4.55mm diameter, then for a .5 ct, i used a 5.32mm diameter. moved the prongs a bit and here''s your top views:

before (0.33 ct):
03e87750.jpg

after (0.5 ct):
4bcc91ae.jpg

not sure if this is what you''re looking for or if it helps, but there ya go...

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thank you bopitaddict, that's exactly what I wanted to see, you're awesome!!! It's just hard to visualize, y'know? That looks great, what do ya'll think?

Shay

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks stunning!
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture of my ring for you with the Marquis center...this is my original ring from when I got married 10 years ago. Hope it gives you an idea!!!

DSCN1108.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i say go for it! i'm a chronic upgrader and i think in the stones under 1c...that much mm jump is going to be visible on the hand, whereas that same mm jump from a 3c would probably not change the visual all that much, ratio would be entirely different. hope that makes sense.

not everyone would agree on visuals, but i notice even small changes in sizing most of the time, i just upgraded my stone .5mm on a 7.10mm ring (went to 7.66mm) and it looks SO much bigger to me. if it works for you and you can do it...go for it! enjoy your ring! good luck.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will WF change the small diamonds as well ? Tiny graduated ACA would make a splash, I think
2.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
yup, replacing the side diamonds with little tiny ACA''s. :) they are so awesome!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
ooh, AChiOAlumna, your ring is sooo pretty! :) i love it!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 4:24:28 AM
Author: jennalyns

Thank you jennalyns. People ask if I'm going to melt down this ring now that I have my new one, but I can't for sntimental reasons...also, I like the idea of having a 2nd wedding ring in case I go on vacation...I rather have 2....I'm sure I'll switch off...

As for you....I think the Marquis give the ring another dimension....

Also....since I'm more of a newbie here...what does ACA mean?

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
I think your new "improved" ring is going to look awesome. I just got a new diamond (A Cut Above H&A like yours) from WF that is .53 carat, and the size looks just right IMO. My original diamond is .75, and I had it reset in another mounting. I wanted to have two similar sized solitaires, one in white gold and one in yellow. I don''t know if I will ever upgrade to larger diamonds (if I did, it would probably not be to anything much over 1 carat). I love the large diamonds and elaborate settings, but lifestyle and other things do influence the type and size of ring one wears. I use my hands all the time in my work, and large or bulky jewelry bothers me. I also have several ring guards that I love to wear on occasion, and larger diamonds would not work with those.

Another idea for your old setting would be to have a pretty colored gemstone set as the center stone and use the diamond to make a pendant. That way you could wear your "original" diamond every day! You''d still have a back up ring to wear when you travel and so forth, but you could keep your engagement diamond close to your heart daily. Also, you wouldn''t have two identical rings.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 9:29
6.gif
6 AM
Author: AChiOAlumna
Date: 3/14/2005 4:24:28 AM
Author: jennalyns

Thank you jennalyns. People ask if I''m going to melt down this ring now that I have my new one, but I can''t for sntimental reasons...also, I like the idea of having a 2nd wedding ring in case I go on vacation...I rather have 2....I''m sure I''ll switch off...

As for you....I think the Marquis give the ring another dimension....

Also....since I''m more of a newbie here...what does ACA mean?

I believe it stands for "A Cut Above" Hearts and Arrows diamonds..

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 1:53:18 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I believe it stands for ''A Cut Above'' Hearts and Arrows diamonds..

Thanks so much!! All these new acronyms can be dizzying!!
32.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the help with visualizing what it would look like. :) Any advice on the diamond I posted? Thanks!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you are going to have all the diamonds A cut above? I think it will look fantastic! Even without changing the size of the center diamond I think you would notice a difference. I don''t think you can go wrong with a cut above brand diamond, but if you had any reservations, I''d talk to someone at whiteflash about the pros and cons of any particular diamond since they know their wares best.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results