shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have come to realize that you, Freke, must have a camera growing out of your face, because you so amazingly document everything. When you post photos (which is often and one of the reasons we all love you so much), you don't just post a few pics from one photo shoot. No, you have them outside, inside, morning, noon and night, with various backgrounds and various setting. And, either you change your nail polish mid photo shoot, or you really have a thousand and one photos you can access because the camera growing out of your face misses nothing! So thank you. It is so cool that you even have photos of stones with which you've long since parted ways!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
marymm|1296940264|2844222 said:
tourmaline_lover|1296932635|2844084 said:
marymm|1296920744|2843927 said:
Here are my rings from DanielM, all in Argentium - these are vendor pics as I have no camera. I also have a set of four Argentium stacking bands (two high polish, two hammered) but no photos.

I am very happy with my DanielM pieces - Daniel and Caren are wonderful to work with - I'm about ready to have them do a 3-stone ring and a milgrained bezel pendant for me.

Aqua (MasterCutGems) in Bliss setting -
DM%20-%20aqua%20bliss.jpg

Is there a table shot of this ring? I'd love to see it.

TL - happy to oblige :)

DM%20-%20Aqua%20bliss%20-%20table%201.jpg

DM%20-%20Aqua%20bliss%20-%20table%202.jpg

DM%20-%20Aqua%20bliss%20-%20table%203.jpg

I really really love this ring and stone. where can I see what he has on sale? I am looking for a .30 oec diamond, and I would love a raspberry garnet or blue/green tourmaline

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirecats - Daniel M is an etsy vendor - here's his website - http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry - and thanks for loving my big Aqua doorknocker of a ring! Daniel's craftsmanship on this ring was very well done, particularly the bezel-work and the overall proportions, and the Aquamarine I had purchased from MasterCutGems and then sent in to Daniel M.

And while I so appreciate that Daniel will work with customer's own gemstones, if you let them know your particulars he and Caren will search for you if you are looking for a certain gemstone for a setting he will craft for you.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first custom project and I just got the pictures of my teal-blue zircon set with prongs in a yellow-gold frame embedded with pearls. I am very happy with how it looks.
Even the back is pretty. il_570xn_36.jpg il_570xn_37.jpg il_570xn_38.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a victorian piece with the pearls! So cool! They did a great job.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy: that is truly lovely. Was that your design idea? It is different than the majority of the work they do.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Minou, it's based on a pendant by someone else, which he found when I was trying to figure out how to have a pearl halo. Here's the inspiration: img_0109.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is one glorious pendant! Holy cow! I love the pearls and the zircon together!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone experienced significant delay? It is almost 2 months for me waiting for my item to be done... Waiting....

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
My project started Oct. 4 with a tentative email. Design back-and-forth took the next few weeks. Sent deposit on Oct. 24, received CAD on Nov. 15, gave go-ahead the next day, got photos on Dec. 7, which I immediately approved, and received my pendant on Dec. 12. I have no way to judge comparative speed but the wait seemed reasonable, if tantalizing. They are popular -- and obviously very busy.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
alice87|1387040239|3574169 said:
Did anyone experienced significant delay? It is almost 2 months for me waiting for my item to be done... Waiting....
2 months from what point to what point?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
boerumbiddy said:
This is my first custom project and I just got the pictures of my teal-blue zircon set with prongs in a yellow-gold frame embedded with pearls. I am very happy with how it looks.
Even the back is pretty. il_570xn_36.jpg il_570xn_37.jpg il_570xn_38.jpg

Beautiful!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
My project is simple. Mailed on oct 19, they received a week later and nothing.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you been following up with them? I would do so to make sure its not being overlooked.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I did, last week, he said he will be done by last Sunday. But it is Christmas time too. I wonder if others had similar delay. I ordered twice before, it was around 5 weeks. I don't worry much, except I want my items :naughty:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That is the one thing that prevents me from ordering more from them. I ordered a couple items over the summer and they took longer than expected- one of them MUCH longer. The annoying thing was that one of the them was a present and I specifically asked if it could be done by a certain date. It was actually done weeks after said date, and the other one came along weeks, maybe even months after the first one. I just don't have the patience for it.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is nice when online vendor gives you an estimate window.
I actually had an experience recently, and locally, when I asked to make my ring ready for my graduation day, which was 2 months apart from the order date. The jeweller had the mold, he needed to make minor adjustment for the ring. I met with him 4 times, cancel second project, and I will probably need to adjust the stone too, because at one angle it sinking a little bit.
I really liked his design, this is why I kept hoping. But after 10 weeks I just asked him to return my stuff. He offer to wait some more :wink2: He is a very pleasant guy, but my understanding was, he doesn't do well custom orders (ad he only had so many, he mostly sell his jewellry at fairs and exhibits). His jewelry selection is very interesting and pretty unique. And he is using his inspiration, but may be it is hard for him to implement ideas of other people.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Boerumbiddy, any neck shot pictures? Your pendant is beautiful! :appl:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love their work and prices, but I've been choosing others lately because I've also been frustrated with the long wait times. Once they get started, they're quite fast, but they have a huge backlog from all the PS business, and I believe only get their work done on weekends.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I recently contacted Daniel M about a custom project. I have never worked with them and I was excited. I went back and forth with them but their response time seemed very slow and I decided to have the work done elsewhere prior to finalizing details or even getting an exact price quote. I explained my decision in an e-mail and I received a very nice e-mail back and it was explained to me that this is a very busy time of year and the work is done only on the weekends, etc. If I had understood that this is a part-time business I would have been much more patient because I think that their work is beautiful and worth waiting for.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I got my pictures for completed project!
In regard to DanielM, I would wait. I am inspired by pictures there. Although this last time the wait was longer, it was still under 2 months.
I remember one lady here waited for her bracelet for 18 months from one vendor. :naughty: :o
I did not ordered CAD or anything, and my projects are usually simple. I am grateful DanielM can set stones beautifully in a projects done by other people. I had a ring, it was cast in one place, and the stones were set by a second master, and I did not have the center stone yet, so DanielM finished it beautifully.
I had experiences before when it was not done by one person, it was somewhat difficult to finish it. Not here. I was very happy!
If I go to local jewelry store, I am never sure how it will turn out. And the wait is 2-3 weeks.

azred

Rough_Rock
just received this in the mail and it was well worth the wait :) Another variation on their trellis ring - rose gold with my asscher pink tourmaline and 2 small blue sapphire accents (my birthstone and daughter's) :)

ring_on_0.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Azred, your ring is beautiful! Terrific.

Boerumbiddy, ditto on your pendant. I love the pearls on it -- we don't see them used often & it's great with the stone & oval shape.

Dan & Caren can have long wait times -- I experienced that when I had my tourm ring made. All their work gets done at night & on weekends, since both have regular jobs, and they have little kids at home too. The more popular they get, I imagine the longer things take. It would be nice if they could hire help but margins probably don't extend that far at this point.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Alice87, just saw your inquiry about a neck shot of the zircon/pearl pendant. Let me quote the title of a book by the late, great Nora Ephron: "I Feel Bad About My Neck." I once got a funny piece of advice from a dealer: "If you think your hands look bad, get a showy ring and give them something else to look at."

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1387490181|3577718 said:
Alice87, just saw your inquiry about a neck shot of the zircon/pearl pendant. Let me quote the title of a book by the late, great Nora Ephron: "I Feel Bad About My Neck." I once got a funny piece of advice from a dealer: "If you think your hands look bad, get a showy ring and give them something else to look at."

Wow, then my hands should be dripping with jewels - and my neck not far behind! :lol:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
boerumbiddy|1387490181|3577718 said:
Love this book!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Azred, you got a beautiful ring...
Mumbling.... so many ideas for asscher..... I keep looking at different version of trellis and ... may be one day. My stone is waiting...

alice87

Shiny_Rock
waiting, waiting for items to arrive...

alice87

Shiny_Rock
wow, it took more than a week to ship it, it went well over 2 months for now. Not sure... this waiting is crazy...

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
alice87|1388087209|3580906 said:
wow, it took more than a week to ship it, it went well over 2 months for now. Not sure... this waiting is crazy...

Have you contacted DanielM? Perhaps they're extra busy because of the holidays?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results