shape
carat
color
clarity

On the search for a 3ct. OMC

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
Hi all!!
Im in the middle of a diamond drama dilemma with my current e-ring. I don't want to jump the gun, but would like to start seeing what options I have IF we are able to get a refund from the current issue
I attached the link where I wrote a small novel about the problems we are having now -
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ask-for-full-refund-after-waiting-a-year-for-a-setting.195571/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ask-for-full-refund-after-waiting-a-year-for-a-setting.195571/[/URL]

However, I'd love to be able to recruit some help in the RIGHT direction so I can move on with this as soon as possible - as it's been 2 full years of being engaged this Christmas, and still no ring :(

So- I don't really know how this works, I'll post our budget and what I would like and if I need anything else please do let me know - again, we are waiting on the refund of this other on-going purchase and Im hoping it will be resolved quickly, however, I realistically know it might take a bit- so I don't want anyone to go out of their way to help me, but if you know who I should contact or could at least point me in the right direction as far as a OMC and setting I would be so appreciative!

Budget - Preferrably $17,000.00 or under for stone and setting combined - My current OMC was $14999.00 for a 2.32 L I2/I3 -- I would love something larger :D my preference and dream stone would be 3ct and low in color - preferably M, N, O, P, Q color if possible- no fancy yellow and nothing higher than a L - clarity to me just depends on where the inclusion is and if it is noticeable to the eye - mine now has an inclusion but can be hidden by prongs (if we ever got a setting for it) so as far as clarity Im not a stickler
Where would you begin to search for a stone with these requirements?
And who would you look towards for a setting - rose gold and something with a modern vintage feel?

Thank you for any help, advice and guidance you can give
I appreciate it!

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
junebug17|1385350921|3562332 said:

Thank you!!
I don't know that I'd be interested in OEC, only because they tend to be more round... I like the more cushion shaped stones - but if there was a more square/rectangular OEC, I'd definitely consider it! :D
Thank you for the threads and vendor names!!

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
ariel144|1385358071|3562380 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161140362537?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That is BEAUTIFUL!! :D I only wish that setting was gold, but - it is stunning - exactly what Im looking for! I'll have to keep my eye on that one! Thank you for posting!! :love:

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
@eh613c also my future last name will begin wit a W and I loved that this setting has a w incorporated into the head - random fact, but one of the reasons I loved it so.... :love:

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're welcome. The diamond gods must be smiling upon you. I hope you get it! When you do, share some pics!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
swtnsxy7|1385360415|3562392 said:
eh613c|1385360177|3562389 said:

WHAT?!?! This ring is on my "dream board"!!!! I can't believe it's for sale - the diamond and setting are EXACTLY what Im looking for - the link to that page is one I sent to my jeweler (the bad one lol) to have a similar setting made! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! I might be in heaven right now!!

You should make an offer within your budget....maybe you will get it...good luck! Hope you get your refund...2 years waiting is just inexcusable.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

WHAT?!?! This ring is on my "dream board"!!!! I can't believe it's for sale - the diamond and setting are EXACTLY what Im looking for - the link to that page is one I sent to my jeweler (the bad one lol) to have a similar setting made! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!! I might be in heaven right now!!

Oh, I forgot about this ring on pre-loved! Good thinking eh613c! I hope it works out for you swtnsxy7. Any news on getting a refund?

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
junebug17|1385832663|3565224 said:

Oh, I forgot about this ring on pre-loved! Good thinking eh613c! I hope it works out for you swtnsxy7. Any news on getting a refund?

Hi Junebug17 -
Here's the update as of 12/3/13

We were told we would hear back from the DM by the beginning of the week following when we sent the email (we sent it on Nov. 20th) We waited until today (Dec. 3rd) and when we still NEVER received a response, we filed a complaint with the BBB - we were told it might take up to 30 business days- so FINGERS FROSSED it's not that long!! :D
I just want this resolved. I found the perfect stone, if I do have to repurchase that, it's found... hopefully it won't be sold by the time this is resolved - so Im just anxious to be done with this diamond drama and finally have a ring on my finger and GET MARRIED to my love!! :love:
I'll update again if/when I hear anything
OH - and my diamond FELL OUT AGAIN!!!! This time out of a temp setting (that looked like a paper weight the thing was so goddy) on the 25th - so as of right now the diamond is sitting in a box- uggghhhh - I also wanted the cert on my diamond as they NEVER gave it to me... and I asked for that on the 19th - it's Dec. 3rd and they still can't seem to locate the cert on the diamond. They offered to "send it off" and have the diamond recertified and put back in the temp setting but at this point - it's not worth it - I might try to add that in to my claim if they end up not being able to find it and don't return the money - I'd want reimbursement of the cost to recertify it....
I swear.....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update swtnsxy, sorry to hear they aren't even responding…I hope this all gets resolved soon, good luck!

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
Re: the refund of my purchase so I can buy a new 3ct. OMC/OE

Finally got a reply- they agreed to refund the setting cost but not the diamond as it was upgraded more than once..... um, it was only ever switched due to their lack of diamond choices they brought in for me and their pressure tactics to sell a stone "that day" and the entire reason we changed rings from my original was because of their mistake of resizing and not ordering it in my size, so I feel they should refund everything - is this asking too much? Should I take it and run? Or stick to my guns...

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
swtnsxy7 said:
Finally got a reply- they agreed to refund the setting cost but not the diamond as it was upgraded more than once..... um, it was only ever switched due to their lack of diamond choices they brought in for me and their pressure tactics to sell a stone "that day" and the entire reason we changed rings from my original was because of their mistake of resizing and not ordering it in my size, so I feel they should refund everything - is this asking too much? Should I take it and run? Or stick to my guns...

Stick to your guns. Your situation has been ridiculous - escalate, and if that doesn't work, take them to court. You might also consider starting a complaint thread in RT laying out all the details and naming names - it's been know to grab the attention of higher-ups on the past.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1386796396|3572194 said:
swtnsxy7 said:

Stick to your guns. Your situation has been ridiculous - escalate, and if that doesn't work, take them to court. You might also consider starting a complaint thread in RT laying out all the details and naming names - it's been know to grab the attention of higher-ups on the past.

Ditto Circe!! I'm so sorry you're going through this, but stick to your guns. Definitely post a complaint thread with the names. Crossing my fingers your dream stone/ring don't get sold before you get your refund!

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
SparklyOEC|1387073925|3574449 said:
Circe|1386796396|3572194 said:
swtnsxy7 said:

Ditto Circe!! I'm so sorry you're going through this, but stick to your guns. Definitely post a complaint thread with the names. Crossing my fingers your dream stone/ring don't get sold before you get your refund!

Hi guys!! I do have this thread - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ask-for-full-refund-after-waiting-a-year-for-a-setting.195571/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ask-for-full-refund-after-waiting-a-year-for-a-setting.195571/[/URL] in RT - should I start another, or just actually name names in that thread? Sorry, still unsure about proper procedure on here and don't want to do the wrong thing :D Thanks for the advice - we did email him back and let him know his offer was ridiculous and since they promised me a ring, a completed ring, it was unacceptable for us to accept a partial refund.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results