shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are these round multicolor Tahitians so underwhelming?

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Why are these round multicolor Tahitians so underwhelmin

sortmon|1385770922|3564950 said:
Hi GemFevee, do you remember what size range the pearls on the round Tahitian strands are? It would help me put the strands I'm considering into perspective.

Thanks!

Sortmon, sorry i missed this before! I know this is too late because you already bought a beautiful strand, but the rounds were 10-12.3mm.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

SO, update from me :bigsmile:

Several PP representatives went really above and beyond to make sure I found what I was looking for. In the end I mostly worked with Elia, who was wonderful. She started putting together a strand based on my description, using the best undrilled near-round baroques in the current PP inventory. But when I saw the photos, the pearl I was most attracted to was near the clasp and it was the intensely blue one. Most of the others, while gorgeous, seemed too pale. So I looked at the PP inventory with a fresh perspective (having realized how drawn I am to darker green/blue color pearls) and picked a baroque strand that was already in the inventory. It shipped on Friday and I got it today. I LOVE it. It's a great length, size, and color. Especially for the price! (I made it in time for the Cyber week discount).

I can't say this will be the ideal Tahitian strand of all strands for me -- eventually I may replace some of the wonkier baroque pearls and add more colors (like more purple), but it's awesome for now. So green!!!

In the pics I'm also modeling a new 16" 7.5-8mm freshadama strand i got for myself, and 9-9.5mm freshadama earrings I got for a friend (I could never pull off that size, but she rocks it).

img_2980.jpg

img_9885.jpg

img_9890.jpg

pp_green_baroque_tahitians.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock

GemFever|1386625335|3570852 said:
SO, update from me :bigsmile:

Several PP representatives went really above and beyond to make sure I found what I was looking for. In the end I mostly worked with Elia, who was wonderful. She started putting together a strand based on my description, using the best undrilled near-round baroques in the current PP inventory. But when I saw the photos, the pearl I was most attracted to was near the clasp and it was the intensely blue one. Most of the others, while gorgeous, seemed too pale. So I looked at the PP inventory with a fresh perspective (having realized how drawn I am to darker green/blue color pearls) and picked a baroque strand that was already in the inventory. It shipped on Friday and I got it today. I LOVE it. It's a great length, size, and color. Especially for the price! (I made it in time for the Cyber week discount).

I can't say this will be the ideal Tahitian strand of all strands for me -- eventually I may replace some of the wonkier baroque pearls and add more colors (like more purple), but it's awesome for now. So green!!!

In the pics I'm also modeling a new 16" 7.5-8mm freshadama strand i got for myself, and 9-9.5mm freshadama earrings I got for a friend (I could never pull off that size, but she rocks it).
Oh wow! The color of that Tahitian strand is ah-maz-ing. I totally covet it (green is my favorite color). What's the other strand with the garnets(?)? Is that what you had made with the leftover baroques?

I like the Freshadamas too, but that Tahitian strand is just wow.

And the studs are such a thoughtful gift. You totally rock that size too, btw.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks sortmon! I think the Tahitian baroque studs (genius idea!) you are getting are going to be an even more amazing green color.

The little necklace with garnets I made with petite Tahitians I got from Druzy Design on ebay. Here's a link, you can see the seller's pics. The petite Tahitians are awesome, but I think the PP baroques have more intense color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131050742384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

SMC

Ideal_Rock

GemFever|1386627431|3570875 said:
Thanks sortmon! I think the Tahitian baroque studs (genius idea!) you are getting are going to be an even more amazing green color.

The little necklace with garnets I made with petite Tahitians I got from Druzy Design on ebay. Here's a link, you can see the seller's pics. The petite Tahitians are awesome, but I think the PP baroques have more intense color.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131050742384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Oh, I see. How interesting! I like the garnets and Tahitian strand a lot too. I think it's really cool that you paired garnets with Tahitians - I don't think that combo would have ever occurred to me. But yeah - the baroque Tahitian strand really makes a statement. Will need to save up for a strand for myself!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful baroque strand. Green Tahitian drop strands are among my favorites. Probably because I look good in that color.

Isn't it great when we like the less expensive pearls better? :naughty: Truly a win-win situation. :appl:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Fly Girl|1386629357|3570888 said:
Isn't it great when we like the less expensive pearls better? :naughty: Truly a win-win situation. :appl:

Haha, YES! :bigsmile:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

::)

img_4561-3.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock

GemFever; You have to been a VERY good girl, because it's two weeks to Christamas and Santa has left them to You already :lol: :lol: . I'm so happy You found a little help to Your itch. They are beautiful :appl: :appl:.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

What a lovely strand and they look really fantastic! Just the right color, size, and length :appl: :appl: :appl: Enjoy!

YC

Brilliant_Rock

So glad to hear that you managed to find something u like. The drops look very clean and I was eyeing that strand for a while :love:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock

Lovely! They look very sophisticated. Congrats on the freshadamas, too!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GemFever, the strand looks great on you. I also eyed that one! Glad you ended up with a strand you love.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks everyone! :))

I have a couple more pics on my home computer I meant to post. Will post tonight!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

GemFever .. those DD Tahitians look great ! What size are they? And, I like them with the garnets !

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock

GemFever - There's nothing better than getting pearls you love! Those Tahitians are very classy & I love the color! Congrats too on your Fresahadams and the garnet & Tahitian strand! It's probably a major decision each morning to figure out which strand to wear and then finding the perfect outfit to match!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

katbran, the DD pearls in the garnet necklace are 7.4-9.6mm. I really like them for a smaller/lighter necklace.

pkinnew, you are right, a decision has to be made every morning! ::) Today I'm going for the Freshadamas. Going to see how I like 16" vs other lengths.

Here's one more pic I have. It was taken on a day when we had some snow, so the natural daylight was very white. It made the colors really stand out, I think.

img_9917.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock

Great picture!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful pearls. I'm glad you found your perfect strand. Enjoy! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results