carat
color
clarity

Pearl necklace - need opinions!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386616633|3570717 said:
LitGeek|1386615782|3570709 said:
I am hoping to purchase a "just right" for me strand of baroque wSS pearls next year to go with my other wSS pieces :naughty: In the meantime, I am going to buy a classic strand of Freshadama or Metallic whites to wear with my wSS earrings. I just love how some of the gals on this forum mix and match their pearls, I think it is tres chic :love: :love: :love:
Ooh, better make the purchase soon while PP is still offering the 15% Cyber Week discount!

Here are my Freshadamas - because I don't get tired of looking at them.

I am already on it :naughty: And your strand is just GORGEOUS, I won't tire of looking at it either!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Sort mon Thank you for posting so many photos of your lovely strand, thus enabling me :lol: I couldn't decide between the white freshadamas or metallic whites, so I have both on their way to me :twirl: My pocketbook really hopes that I don't like one of them :geek:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek said:
Sort mon Thank you for posting so many photos of your lovely strand, thus enabling me :lol: I couldn't decide between the white freshadamas or metallic whites, so I have both on their way to me :twirl: My pocketbook really hopes that I don't like one of them :geek:
Ooh, please post comparison shots when you get them! People here seem to have very favorable opinions towards the metallic whites. I asked Jeremy if the metallics came in 9.0mm rounds, but Jeremy said they were really rare an the large ones are mostly drop-shaped. I would have been tempted to trade my strand in if large metallic whites were possible!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1386778728|3571943 said:
LitGeek said:
Ooh, please post comparison shots when you get them! People here seem to have very favorable opinions towards the metallic whites. I asked Jeremy if the metallics came in 9.0mm rounds, but Jeremy said they were really rare an the large ones are mostly drop-shaped. I would have been tempted to trade my strand in if large metallic whites were possible!

No, I would definitely not trade your strand, it is GORGEOUS! The freshadamas that were shipped are 8.5-9mm and the metallics are 7-8mm. I am fairly certain I will go with the freshadamas because of their size and roundness. I really am a classic white round pearl kind of girl :geek: I wanted to see the metallic luster IRL though because I hear they are amazing. I was told the metallics are off-round/oval, so I am not sure how I will feel about them, although I have heard that the off-round pearls typically look round on the neck. There are many who would choose luster over shape any day...I am just not sure I am one of them :lol: We will see! I am also hoping to wear the strand with my large wSS studs or dangles as well as my 36" akoya rope and natural white hanadama studs, so it will be nice to have the two strands to try to match with those pieces. Perhaps I will love both strands and go for different lengths...a girl needs options :naughty: Looks like I can expect the strands mid next week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results