carat
color
clarity

Round bezel setting ideas for BB green tourm

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is my sister's Christmas present from me this year:

http://www.acstones.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=139&idproduct=4149

She knows she is getting a round green stone (we talked abut her preferences ahead of time), and she will set it sometime soon after the new year. How fun! I will be setting my orange BB spess bought on preloved at the same time. :)

Here's a look she LOVES, but I'm not sure of the vendor or vendors that are best for this sort of style. Also, how much should I caution her about the reduced amount of light brought into the tourmaline in a fully covered bezel like this?

Any links or vendor names are appreciated!

I found this ring on one of the PS threads, but I texted her a million ideas the other night and can't track down the owner or vendor for this ring....

_12498.jpg

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And I wanted to mention that she also knows the stone is 7.3 mm, so the proportions would look QUITE a bit different than what is shown on this ring she likes.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relying only on the gemstone pic and description, I am thinking a closed bezel may end up darkening the Tourmaline too much... there are open or bridge-style bezel settings that may give a similar look from the top, but since these settings are open on the sides, light gets in.

I am linking to a pic of two bezel rings Julia Kay Taylor made for two Tourmalines - the ring on the left is her "Katie" style, and the other is basic bridge bezel setting.

bothf1.jpg

For more views of these settings, see JKT's website at: http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/rings.html. My "Katie" Tourmaline is on the 4th row, in the middle; and the other ring is on the 6th row, 2nd from the right). If you lick on each ring, there are more pics that show the setting from different angles.

(FWIW, I posted the pic just for reference as to bezel settings and Tourmalines - while I am very happy with the half-dozen rings Julia made for me, for other reasons she is no longer on my personal list of preferred vendors. But I know other PSers still use her services and are happy with their transactions.)

eta: That BB Tourmaline is beautiful, and I hope you have a lot of fun with your setting project!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results