shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your CS pendants

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
There are so many possibilities - this could be an interesting new topic. For my part, I'm thinking of a simple black oval or jade pendant. Which pieces are in your jewelry box or wishlist?

Lovely:

black_oval_pendant.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I just received this Azurite-Malachite cab from Litnon, 25 x 17, 21.34 cts. Not sure how I'll set it yet -- I think rg would look great. I LOVE both colors & the texture.

Vendor pic, until I get outside with my camera.

malachite-azurite_21.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I've been wanting a pendant like this from JKT ever since I saw this design. But I don't have the right stone yet.... Or rather, I keep getting stones and wanting to make them into rings :)

_11799.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Watch this space! My blue zircon oval is in the hands of DanielM even as we speak. Here is the inspiration piece he found; mine will be prong-set and have a fleur de lys bail. img_0109.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Jereni|1384102743|3553844 said:
I've been wanting a pendant like this from JKT ever since I saw this design. But I don't have the right stone yet.... Or rather, I keep getting stones and wanting to make them into rings :)

Oooh, thanks for posting this Jereni! I love this design. I have a beautiful amethyst (cut by Gary Braun, 4.70 cts) that I want to set into a pendant. When I saw this post I immediately thought of my ammy...I would love a setting like that for it. I'm saving it for an inspiration pic. I can't set the ammy yet (I have three-four things ahead of it that I want to set first) but I'll get to it hopefully soon. Here's a couple of pics...I think it would look wonderful set like your pic.

(One pic in incandescent, and the other in muted daylight).

_11800.jpg

_11803.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jereni|1384102743|3553844 said:
Well, she charges an arm and a leg for silver, and the last I heard her wait time was 6 months to a year, AND I had a terrible experience with her, but your picture reminded me of a necklace my friend had made in honor of her daughter, a February baby. She had her local guy do a halo for her, kind of letting him do whatever he wanted, and this was the result.

Right now I don't have any on my wishlist, but I do have a few in my jewelry box...

img_7089.jpg

img_2654.jpg

_11807.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Freke - I personally wouldn't want to use JKT just based on what I've heard re: the wait time plus the expense (I've also heard the wait is very long and that even for silver she's quite pricey). I hadn't heard that you had a bad experience though - sorry to hear that. I do like that design though, and I love the pic you posted of your friend's necklace! (Saving that one as well, for future inspiration). Thanks for posting it...that's the general style I want for my ammy. And of course the pics of your own pendants are very beautiful, too. :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
katharath|1384117040|3553930 said:
Freke - I personally wouldn't want to use JKT just based on what I've heard re: the wait time plus the expense (I've also heard the wait is very long and that even for silver she's quite pricey). I hadn't heard that you had a bad experience though - sorry to hear that. I do like that design though, and I love the pic you posted of your friend's necklace! (Saving that one as well, for future inspiration). Thanks for posting it...that's the general style I want for my ammy. And of course the pics of your own pendants are very beautiful, too. :)
Yeah...It was not good. And the thing is, it was a workmanship issue. Plus, take a look at these:
http://www.juliakaytaylor.com/policies.html

Thanks for the compliment on my pendants. I have to say that they are pretty boring, and that the hot pink spinel and the cuprian will probably get facelifts some day, but for now, they get to hang out in their current settings. But they are still beautiful stones!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your friend's pendant in honor of her February baby is stunning! I love the way the halo echoes the stone shape. Is it set in rose gold? Beautiful pendant!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, I didn't realize that JKT had a bad rep around here - but I've only had one piece made by her and it did take forever.

Freke, I LOVE your friends pendant. That's an even better version.

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't received this one yet so just a vendor pic for now. Charoite pear 40 x 22 in sterling from Jason Brim
I also have an awesome pink zircon from Lisa Elser set into a pendant my husband gave me when our kiddo was born. I can't believe it but I'm not sure if I have any pics of it!

JF - I LOVE your Azurite-Malachite! :love:

_11808.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Mastercut Gems emerald, from Somalia, 5 x 7, set by I D Jewelry.

emerald_12.jpg

_11809.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1384119190|3553943 said:
Your friend's pendant in honor of her February baby is stunning! I love the way the halo echoes the stone shape. Is it set in rose gold? Beautiful pendant!
White. The lighting we were in was pretty warm though. The amethyst is actually less red than it looks there.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jereni|1384119225|3553944 said:
Oh wow, I didn't realize that JKT had a bad rep around here - but I've only had one piece made by her and it did take forever.

Freke, I LOVE your friends pendant. That's an even better version.
Sad thing is that JKT kind of seemed to get her start here on PS. Then it seemed like she got too big for her britches or something. There was a bigger, and much more expensive snafu than mine from someone who had been a huge fan of hers. Meh.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
iLander, I love your emerald pendant & the way it's set so much, I'd like to pin a poster of it to my wall! Absolute drool! JBK, purple is one of my favorite colors -- purple is ALWAYS good, yes! Love that stone -- the texture & scintillation. Post pics when you get it, please!

--- Laurie

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
This is another pendant I dream of one day. The COLOR. The SIZE. Yum!

_11883.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my current faceted gemstone pendants:

apatite2.jpg

tanga garnet in solitaire, set by me
oec diamond, light green garnet, tsavorite garnet, in a Heart of Water setting, collected and commissioned by Makingthegrade
apatite pendant

The garnets are flashy and bold and the apatite glows a lot! It's my "poor man's paraiba" lol.

These are the stone combos for the next three pendants... 6mmish zircon that I'm going to put in one of those DanielM haloes... I already talked to them about it but need to remember to send it off, pink spinel (more included than you can see in the picture, just enough so it might bother me in a ring) with a little diamond, and blue apatite with spessartite. The last two I'm not 100% sure on how to set other than I want the little stone above the big stone.

photo_165.jpg

Wow that's a horrid pic but you get the idea.

Now if we count mineraly cabochon pendants then I'll have to spend quite a bit more time taking pictures... I have a number of them, mainly turquoise, lapis, malachite, and carnelian, because those are my favorites.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Distracts, I would love to see your cabochons!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I have several color stone pendants, but do not have pictures of all of them. Bought the boulder opal years ago in Sydney. Designed the pin/pendant myself and had it custom made by Frank Lau Jewelry of Seattle. The style seems a bit outdated now. The Mimi So aqua and tourmaline pendant is a more recent purchase. It is quite useful as it goes with a lot of my blue/green clothes. The emerald necklace was custom made for my daughter. Unfortunately, it was stolen recently.

AN

boulder-opal_sm.jpg

mimi_so_pendant.jpg

emerald-necklace.jpg

periwinkle

Rough_Rock
sorry to hear about the stolen emerald necklace :((

your Mimi So aqua and tourmaline pendant is so adorable! love the colours & the stars

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ArtNouveau, I am so sorry to hear that that gorgeous emerald pendant was stolen - that is amazing looking. Distracts: I love the apatite and spess combo. That will be an awesome pendant. :cheeky:

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Just got pictures of what DanielM has done with the lovely blue-green zircon I bought from YT some weeks ago. This is my first custom project and I am very happy with how it looks. Even the back is pretty! il_570xn_36.jpg il_570xn_37.jpg il_570xn_38.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
boerumbiddy|1386471101|3569862 said:
Just got pictures of what DanielM has done with the lovely blue-green zircon I bought from YT some weeks ago. This is my first custom project and I am very happy with how it looks. Even the back is pretty!]

Oh WOW! I just love the pearls around this zircon - beautiful! Congratulations!!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the kind words about the blue zircon amid pearls. I am awaiting its arrival eagerly. Just glanced back at previous comments on this thread about an Etsy designer whose online policy statement says she does not accept other's work as inspiration and also does not let clients post pictures of her designs. How very odd! DanielM was a pleasure to work with, and if he had had such restrictions the design would never have come to fruition. And of course I want everyone to see the results. I found him and Caren responsive and flexible and hope to have them do more things for me.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
boerumbiddy|1386471101|3569862 said:
Just got pictures of what DanielM has done with the lovely blue-green zircon I bought from YT some weeks ago. This is my first custom project and I am very happy with how it looks. Even the back is pretty!
What a beauty! I love the antique flair of your new pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results