carat
color
clarity

Updates, anyone?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, lin_ny!!

:appl:

It looks enormous on you! Dying to see the profile and hear more.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY LINNY! It looks gigundo on you! How're you liking the size? I know you wanted BIGBIGBIG but it looks so beautiful on you. Did you end up getting the floral gallery? It's a stunning stunning stone, stunning stunning setting, and you got an amazing deal for it. Happy engagement!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CALLING OUR TOP 5 MIA LADIES!!
lktx, dragonfly411, MBKRH, and vip0802

:wavey:

Any new news on your parts, ladies? I'd love to hear from you! lktx, I know you had your gigundo beauty of a diamond waiting to be set. Is it set yet? What's going on? Lots of dust, ladies!!!

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
Wooooo!
Congratulations Lin! :love:
GORGEOUS ring and looks amazing on you!
XXX

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing good on my end. We battled for a townhouse for over three weeks just to lose it (corporate owned, so those jerks just sat and sat on our offer). Now we had to get another apartment, and we move on the 27th of this month. As far as a ring, I was reduced to picking out one from Costco (looking online). Not sure if/when he'll buy it, or how serious he was. Sorry I don't have anything positive to report. :blackeye:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1380593676|3529909 said:

Any new news on your parts, ladies? I'd love to hear from you! lktx, I know you had your gigundo beauty of a diamond waiting to be set. Is it set yet? What's going on? Lots of dust, ladies!!!

Doesn't dragonfly post quote a bit in hangout and RT? Is she still actually waiting?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1380630023|3530033 said:
Nothing good on my end. We battled for a townhouse for over three weeks just to lose it (corporate owned, so those jerks just sat and sat on our offer). Now we had to get another apartment, and we move on the 27th of this month. As far as a ring, I was reduced to picking out one from Costco (looking online). Not sure if/when he'll buy it, or how serious he was. Sorry I don't have anything positive to report. :blackeye:

What are you talking about? You're house hunting with your SO, and you've picked out a ring. That sounds plenty positive to me! Houses take forever to buy, and that's just the nature of the business. I'm sorry they rejected your offer, but yay on the new apartment!! What's wrong with the diamond coming from Costco? There have been plenty of threads on Costco diamonds being very high quality for the price. Plus their return policy is very generous. I can't wait to hear more about this ring! Which one did you pick out?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1380631902|3530044 said:

Doesn't dragonfly post quote a bit in hangout and RT? Is she still actually waiting?

She bought a dress a few months ago preloved, and she was working on her CADs for her ring the last time. I bumped up her SMTB thread asking for updates :))

lktx

Shiny_Rock

This weekend, SO said that he will email Victor Canera in the next few days about getting our diamond set. Unfortunately, he's crazy busy at work right now, so it will probably be longer than a few days, but that's a big step for him. We're looking at the Sophia and the Anya, depending on how the prices come back. :naughty: :love:

http://www.victorcanera.com/the-anya-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant (but probably with bigger french cuts like this one http://www.victorcanera.com/the-anya-solitaire-with-french-cut-diamonds)
http://www.victorcanera.com/the-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1380643549|3530142 said:
MBKRH|1380630023|3530033 said:

What are you talking about? You're house hunting with your SO, and you've picked out a ring. That sounds plenty positive to me! Houses take forever to buy, and that's just the nature of the business. I'm sorry they rejected your offer, but yay on the new apartment!! What's wrong with the diamond coming from Costco? There have been plenty of threads on Costco diamonds being very high quality for the price. Plus their return policy is very generous. I can't wait to hear more about this ring! Which one did you pick out?

Thanks Mad. There's more to all of this, obv. I guess I'll add some deets.

We ran out of time house hunting. We looked at about 40 different houses. Put in an offer on one (bank owned) and were rejected. Put in an offer on a second, and were outbid. The third and final one we had out offer in, and it was rejected. However, a week later, the listing agent contacted my realtor and said that buyer had to cancel their contract and asked if we wanted to resubmit ours. So we said yes. We waited another week to find out they chose another offer. My relator was pissed at the listing agent and said "I didn't realize it was a dual offer situation. A little head's up would have been nice." I believe she was going to report that agent to the board; it seemed like that lady was playing games. We had a very strong offer, so I don't know why we were rejected twice.

The new apartment was our "last resort" pick. We applied for 5 other places and were rejected by all (bad credit, not long enough job history, etc etc etc). These other places are somewhere we would have felt comfortable living. This last place is probably 1/2 a step above where we're living now, quality wise. But due to the shennanigans with the house buying let down, we just ran out of time to do anything else, so we had to settle.

As for the ring, it was something M found and said I'd probably like it. I looked and said "yeah I guess that'll work." It's a princess cut but that's all I know. I haven't looked into it much more though; I am so preoccupied with work and other things, it just seems unimportant at the moment. If I remember later I'll look on Costco's site and see if I can find it again. I know there's nothing wrong with their rings; there's just so little room for customization. (correct me if I'm wrong here).
To me it seems no better than picking something out of a display case at a mall B&M store.

Sorry for the grumpiness. I need a nap. And a vacation. And a beer.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for the replies!

It does not feel gigundo at all actually! It's so weird not to know the exact stats. It was appraised in a platinum setting originally. We don't know the weight or the colour or the size really. Anyway, it feels just right on my hand. Hopefully I can fend off DSS for many, many years! :lol:

It's really comfortable and the craftsmanship from ERD is just top notch. The 18k rose gold is soooo soft and warm and pretty without being 'pink'. And MAN does it ever sparkle at the grocery store! hahaha!

I really need to make a thread! I don't have many good pictures of it! I thought as soon as I got engaged I'd start a huge pic heavy SMTB thread. Haven't had the time to sit down and do it... but it's comin'! :Up_to_something:

ETA: a pic!

img_20131004_121219.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1380664308|3530363 said:

I hope moving has been all okay for you, dear! :wavey: and that some of your disappointment has subsided. That ring is gorgeous! Very engagement-y. I can't wait for him to buy it and for you to finally sign off the LIW list!!!! :appl:

lktx said:

This weekend, SO said that he will email Victor Canera in the next few days about getting our diamond set. Unfortunately, he's crazy busy at work right now, so it will probably be longer than a few days, but that's a big step for him. We're looking at the Sophia and the Anya, depending on how the prices come back. :naughty: :love:

http://www.victorcanera.com/the-anya-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant (but probably with bigger french cuts like this one http://www.victorcanera.com/the-anya-solitaire-with-french-cut-diamonds)
http://www.victorcanera.com/the-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant

GORGEOUS. That Anya with the larger shank is to die for!!! But that Sophia! EEK! Do you have an update yet? It's been more than a few days!!

lin_ny said:
I really need to make a thread! I don't have many good pictures of it! I thought as soon as I got engaged I'd start a huge pic heavy SMTB thread. Haven't had the time to sit down and do it... but it's comin'! :Up_to_something:

It's stunning, Linny! There are many of us just waiting to see what the gallery looks like! Just a quick Q… the bezel looks thicker on your ring than in your inspiration photos of the original cushion. Is it because you needed to cover the chip of Chippy? Or did you request it to be thicker? I absolutely love it. It adds so much finger presence without being too-much. And I love that the miligrain is in the center of the bezel rather than on the side. It looks so fluid!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1381252715|3534240 said:

I hope moving has been all okay for you, dear! :wavey: and that some of your disappointment has subsided. That ring is gorgeous! Very engagement-y. I can't wait for him to buy it and for you to finally sign off the LIW list!!!! :appl:

Thanks Mad. We went to Costco on Sunday to get the usual (papertowels, toilet paper, Swiffer dusters, etc) and as we entered the store, I kind of slowed down by the jewelry.... and he kept walking! I didn't expect him to purchase anything, but I thought maybe, just MAYBE he'd be like "hey why don't you try on that ring?" Hmph. :devil: What the hell-o?!

As far as moving goes, it's been hectic. Not to mention I just realized we need to come up with $1420 before the 27th... and I will only have 1 more paycheck before then. :errrr: There's still other bills I have to pay; I don't know how I neglected to budget for my 1/2 of the new apartment fees.
I have been so busy at work (working through breaks and lunches, coming in early, leaving late, etc) that it's hard to come home and try to pack a box or two (though I forced myself to pack one yesterday; we've got about 10 total so far). I'm a bit irritated at M, because he hasn't done anything. I even had to put his laundry away last night that's been sitting on the dresser for over a week. Normally, I wouldn't but I was so sick of looking at it. I don't know why the frig he is so lazy lately, but it's making my blood boil. Tomorrow is his day off and I will be pissed if I come home and there isn't at least one box packed. Sorry for the rant..... I'm so frustrated!

Hopefully he does buy the ring soon but right now it's the furthest thing from my mind. I guess that's a good thing. That's all I need is some LIW-itis hitting me big time in the midst of all this madness. Oh, did I mention my sister is due with her first child on the 26th? So I've been on edge with that too; just waiting for the text or phone call saying she's in labor a few weeks early. Gahhhhhh :knockout:

Hope everything is going well for you and your planning. :D

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
My bf and I had a quick look at rings today while he was up here visiting-it was only a short 30 minute look in a few stores.
We managed to learn some things though: heart diamonds are difficult to find so any ring I'm after will have to be custom made, but it all works out in the end because lesson number 2 is that my fingers are so small that any ring I get will have to be custom made anyway..

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all!!! Ring is in da house! Just waiting in the dresser all lonely. My grandmother told him to do it before Christmas or she'd hit him with a frying pan. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
lktx|1382922965|3545864 said:
Diamond is going to be set in a Victor Canera Anya (with french cuts) and engraving on the basket and on the bottom of the band. Yay. :naughty:

http://www.victorcanera.com/the-anya-french-cut-solitaire-with-round-brilliant

SO will send the diamond off to VC soon :appl:

ahhhh I forgot to comment on this but I am SO SO SO excited to see this!!!! It sounds absolutely divine. Is your SO going to let you see sneak peeks of the ring when VC finishes it or will you have to wait until he asks?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
little_birdie|1383643559|3550705 said:
My bf and I had a quick look at rings today while he was up here visiting-it was only a short 30 minute look in a few stores.
We managed to learn some things though: heart diamonds are difficult to find so any ring I'm after will have to be custom made, but it all works out in the end because lesson number 2 is that my fingers are so small that any ring I get will have to be custom made anyway..

Here in PS land we all envy small fingers as they magically make all diamonds look bigger, so lucky you!! What kind of setting are you planning for your heart diamond?

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1383669640|3550879 said:
Hey all!!! Ring is in da house! Just waiting in the dresser all lonely. My grandmother told him to do it before Christmas or she'd hit him with a frying pan. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

HAHHAHAH omg I just had this image in my head and I am cracking up and also imagining her being so incredibly precious at the same time. Saw your CADs in RT and I hope you get your ring soon!!!

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1383691865|3551156 said:
Here in PS land we all envy small fingers as they magically make all diamonds look bigger, so lucky you!! What kind of setting are you planning for your heart diamond?

Thanks, haha, I guess that's a better way to think about it!
In my mind I have a simple solitaire knife edge setting, but I'm a little torn because I'd also like a cathedral setting because I feel like it gives the diamond a little more protection if I'm hitting it on things, being clumsy at work? I don't know if those two features are mutually exclusive. We saw two 'heart diamonds' in stores, one was a 'heart' made of three round diamonds which wasn't what I was after, and the other ring another store showed me was with a brilliant cut diamond in the centre and two teeny heart shaped diamond on the shoulders, they were so teeny I couldn't tell they were heart shaped :nono:

I didn't want a setting with side stones because I'm worried it would be too much for my little finger! But maybe I'll bling it out with a channel set wedding band? :wink2: Those are my thoughts anyway, I'm not sure what my bf has in mind, but he wasn't keen on the ones we were shown yesterday either.

He said that he's thinking of either getting the ring made through Brian Gavin online, or going to a jeweller here. He's planning to maybe look this weekend on his own and see what the custom jewellers have to offer.

lktx that ring looks stunning!

Looking forward to hearing your good news dragonfly411 ::)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Since tomorrow will be Thanksgiving, it will officially mark the beginning of the holiday season (despite what retailers think nowadays) and proposal season!!!! Lots of dust to all the ladies here!!!

Also requesting some dust here!!! SO said Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, but I am not sure still if anything will happen...his family is coming over for lunch so I'll be baking/cooking all morning and I don't expect him to do it with them around since he tends to be more private but anyways. We'll see!!

ndc923

Rough_Rock
I can't believe there's no updates, I thought the board would be flooded considering I personally know 2 people who got engaged yesterday or the night before! Hopefully a bunch of you LIW are too busy celebrating to post and will have some updates this weekend! Nothing new on my end!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing here.

~*~*~*~dust~*~*~*~* to you all.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
No updates here. Think I may have changed my mind on the setting...all of these round brilliants with pears in SMTB are really stunning. We'll see how SO feels about that.

I'm not really expecting anything until maybe the spring.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm off the list!!!!!

20131206_131105.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1386366739|3569048 said:
I'm off the list!!!!!

20131206_131105.jpg
Congratulations! What a beautiful ring! Stats? Proposal story?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, dragonfly, CONGRATULATIONS!!??!?! More pics soon! I know you can't tell us WHERE it came from since you're "trade", but can you please please do a proper SMTB? Or at least provide us with a bajillion pictures here? :love:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats dragonfly!!!!!! I'm so excited you are finally off the list!! It looks so amazing. Please please please post more SMTB shots if you can!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results