shape
carat
color
clarity

Ratio of Guest to Attendants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I estimate that there will be about 100 people at our wedding and was wondering if it would be odd that 10 of those (12 counting the FG & RB) would be attendants? What is the standard ratio?

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Crap, I just answered this and accidentally clicked on "Cancel"!!!

Okay... retype...

I was wondering the same thing the other day. Ours is somewhat of a destination wedding so even though we''re inviting over 100 people, our final gest list will probably be somewhere around 75? I think we''ll end up with about 8 to 10 attendants (no FG or RB). I think we''re pretty settled on our 8 BM & GM but haven''t really talked about ushers yet. Good question. I don''t think I''ve ever been to a wedding with more than 5 on each side so when I see pics of people with like 10 or so on each side it boggles my mind to think of how they keep track of their attendants!!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I think the Emily Post Rule-of-Thumb is like 1 attendant for every 50 or so guests, but I personally think you should do whatever you want!! I was at a wedding with probably 200 people, and they had 2 attendants each. At our wedding, we''ll have 4 attendants each and about 120 guests. I think if the number of attendants is one-fifth the size of your guest list or larger, that''s where you get into awkward ratios - i.e. 50 guests and 10 attendants.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I have also heard that it''s one BM/GM per 50 guests... I''m having about 150 ppl and 3 BM, so I guess that follows the rule, but I wanted 4 originally. I don''t think it really matters though, as long as you''re happy!
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I am having ~200 guests for each receptions, and two BMs (originally it was three, but the third gurl was really washy about being at both receptions and didn''t want to pay for anything when we are already paying for the dress and the hair/makeup for both receptions). I really wanted three BMs because I liked how it looks, but oh well.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thats about what our ratio will be. We will have between 100-120 guests. I have 4 bms, FI has 5 gms, we have 2 fgs and one rb. I really don''t think it matters as long as the number doesn''t get out of control (like over 10 bridesmaids!!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amy Vanderbilt and Emily Post (not to mention my mother) will totally blackball me. Barring any changes, it will probably be 8. And less than half than the 400 guests I should have to justify that. Oh well, tacky me! Luckily, I"m still an LIW so this is all speculation still:)

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
To make all of you feel better--I''ll show you how tacky we''re being with out wedding. I have 2 MOH, 4 BM and 1 Junior BM. The boy has 2 BM and 5 GM. We''re going to have about 115-125 people attending, and, unfortunately for me, the guest list is much more heavily weighted on his side.

Before I really had a chance to think about who I wanted in my wedding, my fiance had up and invited 7 people. I really would have preferred to keep my side to 4 (plus the junior BM)--but it meant a lot to some of my girlfriends and I''d rather be tacky than disappoint my friends any day...

I would include everyone I''m inviting if I could! It''s such a happy time, I want to share it with everyone...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you, Abra....I''d rather not disappoint my friends (most of whom it means a lot to) and have them up there with me than bow to convention. We will have under 200 guests, I imagine--maybe 175? Good for you guys--just do what you want to make it your own!!!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2005 2:46:27 PM
Author: blueroses
I''m with you, Abra....I''d rather not disappoint my friends (most of whom it means a lot to) and have them up there with me than bow to convention. We will have under 200 guests, I imagine--maybe 175? Good for you guys--just do what you want to make it your own!!!
I think 8 with 175 guests will look proportional. It''s just enough people to feel like there could be anywhere from 150-250. Besides, having more attendants means that you don''t have to rely on each one as much--so they can enjoy themselves more...

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
Good points!! And--I think your 7 for 115-125 is totally fine!! Esp. b/c you have them kind of broken up into diff. groups, you know?

Thanks for the reassurance!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results