shape
carat
color
clarity

ARe you/did you buy FI/hubby a wedding gift? reccomdtns please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I need suggestions for a wedding gift for my future hubby. NOT a watch - any other suggestions? Budget around $500.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
How about...
Digital camera with everything you need for the HM ?(that''s what we got each other for our HM to Hawaii)
Golf club?
Swiss Army watch (engraved)?

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Does he like to play any sports? (new skis, etc.)
Is he really crazy about a sport or sports team you can get tickets for?
Maybe tickets for a concert?
Maybe a new suit for work?
A new audio/video receiver or surround sound system?
DVD player
Something else electronics related? :)

Good luck !

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
just a few ideas (& b.t.w. I LOVE your ring!)

a cool leather recliner (guys love ''em, even if we think they''re hideous)
if you have a yard, a hamock or b-q-grill
a guitar if he''s a wanna-be rock star
one of those gifts-of-the-month club, every month will be a great reminder of why he loves you and you can continue the tradition each anniversary

my bf would just want a promise that he never has to hear about weddings again
1.gif

good luck

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Oooh.. heartprongs. I just asked FI if he would like a new digital camera for his wedding present and you should have SEEEN how excited his little face looked!!! I think you made his day! He''s jonesin for a Canon Digital Rebel (Even though I think our Kodak 6 megapixel is more than sufficient!)

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
MelissaSue,

That''s so weird! I was just talking to my friend about digital cameras and digital camcorders. My bf always talks about videotaping our skiing so I''m thinking about getting something along those lines.

Did you all give presents to your FI when you got engaged? or just for the wedding itself?

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
I got my now-husband a 3-wood golf club for an engagement gift -- sort of a little joke between us..."Imagine all the golf you can play without guilt when you finally ask me to marry you?!"

The digital camera was our wedding gift to each other! We have a Canon PowerShot A80...he loves it Melissa Sue...glad I made someone''s day...how are your wedding plans coming along?

klr

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
For me, theres not so much going on right now as far as my wedding plans are going. I''m still waiting to hear from my first choice reception location, but I don''t know how much longer I''m going to wait. I posted some alternatives down below.. I may just go book one of those.. I am tired of having it not set.

I haven''t found a BM dress yet, but thats okay since I don''t want to order them until summer anyway. I want to take my sister BM dress shopping, but she is impossible.. She never has time..

I want to book a photographer soon too.

Thats about all I have going on. but no progress has really been made lately.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Treysar, does your boyfriend have any hobbies? Mine rides motorcycles, plays guitar, does pottery (wheel throwing), and cooks...so I''m going to go with something in one of those genres, like motorcycle accessories, a new electric guitar or amp, a pottery seminar retreat, or some pimped out kitchen thing...

SubAtomic

Rough_Rock
Does he have an iPod? Men''s Health, Maxim and a bunch of other magazines put out "Best New Gadgets" issues every year. The articles may still be up on the Web. Or, what about something like finding his favorite stand-up arcade game or a Coke machine from the 70s, filled with beer.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
A nice new digital camera that records, too. Then, you can use it on your honeymoon. Tickets to a concert. Something personal... engraved... maybe a picture of the two of you together (one of his favorite pictures), with something special engraved on it.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A leather media chair, a little more expensive, but if you shop around you can get a great deal. ( they carry them at best buy and they aren''t bad looking- you can easily work it into your decor)

"Say whatever you want, you know I look good"

meghannk

Rough_Rock
As our wedding gift to each other, my FI and I are splitting the cost of adopting a retired greyhound (and the all the things the doggy will need). It is mostly a gift for him ... he has always wanted a dog (he''s allergic and we recently found out greyhounds are recommended for people who suffer allergies!) ... but I guess I''m pretty excited, too! We are waiting until after the wedding, though, so we have more time and attention for the new guy! I think my FI''s head is going to fall off before October ... he is online checking out the new rescues every other day.
21.gif

I think digi cams are a great gift for future hubbies if they don''t already have one ... as mentioned by many, it will come in handy for the honeymoon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results