shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinions on Tahitians, please!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I decided I needed one more gift and want a tahitian pair for earrings. Jeremy picked 3 pairs from his special "stash" for me to choose from. I'm having a hard time deciding. His favorite is a different pair than I first picked and my hubby picked the third pair-so I have one vote for each!! So I'm coming to my pearly friends to see what you all think and help me decide!!
thanks!!!!!!!

11-14-13a.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't like the pair in the middle as it is too dark for my liking.

The colour and lustre of the first pair on the left appears to be better matched than the first pair on the right.

However, the shape of the first pair on the right appears to be better matched than the first pair on the left.

Therefore, I would eliminate the middle pair, and request for more photos for the two remaining pairs before making a decision.

Your friend is a lucky lady, whichever pair you choose.

DK :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for pair on the left.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
The pair on the left :geek:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!! My vote was for the left pair, also. Glad to see that the majority so far agree with my favorite!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The middle pair :love: has my vote

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Middle pair for me. I like the color, shape and matching .

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
OK- 4RG and NL- that's Jeremy's favorite, too. He said it doesn't get better than that, but they seem so dark. Would you see the color variations. Now I am torn as to what to do. :confused:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jeremy, or anyone else for that matter, is not the one who is going to wear the earrings, therefore, go with your gut feel and preference.

DK ;))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1384548778|3557230 said:
Jeremy, or anyone else for that matter, is not the one who is going to wear the earrings, therefore, go with your gut feel and preference.

DK ;))

but they're not for me, either. So I just talked with Jeremy and he's going to send both pairs for me to look at :appl: Gotta love their customer service!! I can already see I might be in trouble. One for a gift, one for me.... :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing wrong with treating oneself to a nice present from time to time I'd say! :naughty:

Jeremy and the team at PP are great, and I can't wait to meet them in person in 2016.

DK :))

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1384550017|3557239 said:
dk168|1384548778|3557230 said:

DK ;))

but they're not for me, either. So I just talked with Jeremy and he's going to send both pairs for me to look at :appl: Gotta love their customer service!! I can already see I might be in trouble. One for a gift, one for me.... :lol:

Oh you most definitely need a pair for yourself :naughty:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the color but the luster is so much better on that pair of pearls than the others. Pink did you end up keeping all six of the white ss?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1384555570|3557293 said:
I loved the color but the luster is so much better on that pair of pearls than the others. Pink did you end up keeping all six of the white ss?

4RG, Are you saying you loved the color on the far left pair, but preferred the luster of the middle pair? Well, this way I get to see both in person and decide.

I decided to keep 4 of the SS pearls. They've gone back to PP to be half drilled and when I get them back I'll post pics. I ended up keeping the silver drop, and the other 3 silver/rose overtone pearls!! They were all gorgeous, but I decided to limit myself. I also ended up with a slightly different strand of souffles. They found a more icy pink that had more luster and orient than the lavender strand I planned on buying. When they sent me a picture it was love at first sight. :love: I should be getting those next week. Here is the picture they sent- original lavender souffles on the outer rim, my icy pink strand inside. I say "mine", but my sister will be the lucky recipient.

_11968.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
For some reason that picture posted very dark and you can't see the pink cast in the strand. I will post some pics after I receive it. Chenai highly recommended it and I generally trust her opinion. This was not a strand that you would have seen as they found it later.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1384564963|3557370 said:
4Ranch Girl|1384555570|3557293 said:

4RG, Are you saying you loved the color on the far left pair, but preferred the luster of the middle pair? Well, this way I get to see both in person and decide.

I decided to keep 4 of the SS pearls. They've gone back to PP to be half drilled and when I get them back I'll post pics. I ended up keeping the silver drop, and the other 3 silver/rose overtone pearls!! They were all gorgeous, but I decided to limit myself. I also ended up with a slightly different strand of souffles. They found a more icy pink that had more luster and orient than the lavender strand I planned on buying. When they sent me a picture it was love at first sight. :love: I should be getting those next week. Here is the picture they sent- original lavender souffles on the outer rim, my icy pink strand inside. I say "mine", but my sister will be the lucky recipient.
What I ment to say is I love the luster and color of the middle pair. But the thing is if they were in his private stash you can't go wrong with any of them. I am go glad you kept the silver white ss it is just perfection, shape, color and luster. what do you have planned for the others? Your pink souffles look divine and I am sure your sister will be so happy with her special gift.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure, yet- they were just so pretty I decided I "needed" them. I'm sure I'll think of something to do with them :D

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Pinkjewel,

What fun! LOVE the pearls you are choosing~the best of the best, so really, just your personal preference. And you have lots of great helpers here, plus Chenai plus Jeremy! It doesn't get better than that!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Pinkjewel. Jeremy is sending you more than one pair to consider before making your choice? You can't beat customer service like that.

One thing I was thinking about when someone said just because Jeremy likes them doesn't me they are for you..... That may be true, but, he's looking at them in person and you're just seeing a glamour shot from a light box. He also buys millions of dollars of pearls per year and they are his passion and his livelihood. I know when I'm at PP and buying pearls in "The Vault" I do ask his opinion when buying his pearls. A year ago while at the ruckus, he showed 4ranch and I a hank of white metallic strands and I asked him to look though the identical (to me) strands and select mine. He spread them on the table in the lobby at PP and reached for one in particular and said "You need this one". Then he disappeared into The Vault and brought out a strand of natural hanadama akoyas to show me how close the strand he had just selected matched these illusive much coveted pearls. I know he's looking at may factors when he selects the pearls he does.

If you have watched the you tube Google chat videos PP have made. Jeremy and 4 ranch have bought thousands of dollars worth of pearls for me. Loose, strands and findings. I haven't been disappointed in any purchase they have assisted me with, plus it's nice to have friends who know your taste add to your collection. (Cherry T and Edison) from the last trip. :love: :love: :love: :love:
It's going to be a long dry spell until my bff heads up in the spring after the next buying trip. Did I mention patience is not my strong point? ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Patience may not be your strong point, NL, but at least you have a "few" things to wear in the meantime! :lol:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think it's great that you'll have both to look at...they are all lovely but it all comes down to what colour do you prefer. Some people love the dark ones and some the lighter ones..it's personal preference and you'll have two great choices! How wonderful is that !!?? Do please post some photos when you get them !

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
The pearls should be here tomorrow and I'll be sure and post pics!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Well, the tahitians came...and have now gone back. And the winner is- the middle pair!!! In person they were much more lively than the photo. They were soooo lustrous and had a gorgeous deep rose overtone- and the shape was so adorable- chubby little drops!!!! I see why they were Jeremy's favorite. So they have gone back to be drilled and set. But my hubby really liked the lighter pair- so I think they will be staying with me =)

I also received the souffles. They were a different color than I expected from the photo. They are very similar to MOP in shading. Silvery pink that reflect blues and greens around them. They are very pretty and I will try to get photos of them later.

thanks everyone for your input!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1385066234|3560809 said:
Well, the tahitians came...and have now gone back. And the winner is- the middle pair!!! In person they were much more lively than the photo. They were soooo lustrous and had a gorgeous deep rose overtone- and the shape was so adorable- chubby little drops!!!! I see why they were Jeremy's favorite. So they have gone back to be drilled and set. But my hubby really liked the lighter pair- so I think they will be staying with me =)
Ha! I figured when Jeremy offered to send them for you to see in person, that the center pair was really special. It happened to me, too, when he offered to send me three strands of lavender metallics after I chose a strand that was not his first choice. Of course, I ended up choosing his favorite when I saw them in person. That man knows his pearls!

Looking forward to more photos of the center pair. That rose overtone must be amazing! :appl:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1385091796|3561106 said:
Ha! I figured when Jeremy offered to send them for you to see in person, that the center pair was really special. It happened to me, too, when he offered to send me three strands of lavender metallics after I chose a strand that was not his first choice. Of course, I ended up choosing his favorite when I saw them in person. That man knows his pearls!

Looking forward to more photos of the center pair. That rose overtone must be amazing! :appl:
That is why I have the pearls I do :naughty:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Yup- have to agree with you. He said this pair is pretty special and rare. Yes, they are dark, but they just glow and have that lovely cherry overtone. I don't think I will be able to capture the color without a lightbox set up, but when I get the earrings back-I will certainly try.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1385093008|3561112 said:

That is why I have the pearls I do :naughty:

and you do have an Amazing collection!!!! :love: :love: :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Pinkjewel :wavey:

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous pics, pinkjewel! I have to chime in re: Jeremy's pearl picking because I experienced it myself recently. I bought some loose Tahitians to make into a strand with akoya keshi, and after he sent me descriptions of a couple of lots, I chose one based on his recommendation once he heard what kinds of overtones I wanted. When they arrived, I was just floored by how gorgeous they are. Mirror luster with pinks and silvers and greens and blues... just gorgeous.

Then today, I was at a gem show checking out saltwater pearls, and my goodness, I didn't see a single pearl at the whole show that even came close to the ones Jeremy picked out for me. Now I have a new appreciation for what he picked out after seeing how bad low-quality Tahitians can look. Plus the price was fabulous. He really has a great eye.

Did I ramble enough? LOL I love these pearls.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results