shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval colored Synthetic

dr_

Rough_Rock
Hello. This is my first post and I am looking for information about purchasing an engagement ring. I have a particular ring in mind which is an oval yellow diamond surrounded by a white diamond halo. I found a kwiat ring that met my requirements but was FAR outside of my budget. I was turned onto synthetics as a legitimate option from a post on this site and it seems like a great option to make my ideal ring a fiscal reality, especially because colored stones are apparently easier to culture. The problem is that I cannot find an oval cut cultured stone anywhere. I was hoping to see if anyone here knew of a source or knew why they are not available. If these cuts aren't possible I would also appreciate advice on finding a natural, oval, colored diamond. Thank you for any help and I hope to have some of this stress alleviated!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are not allowed to discuss synthetics on Pricescope, but check out Rocky Talky for info on a colored diamond (in addition to Colored Stones), everyone is very knowledgable and friendly. Good luck with your search!

Euphony

Rough_Rock
Trade
What is your budget and target stone size? A yellow sapphire is far less expensive then a yellow diamond without having to resort to a synthetic. You could get a treated yellow sapphire for a pretty reasonable price, and people on this forum would be happy to help.

Lab-grown can be cut in any shape, and while the rule prohibit the discussion on this forum, I assure you that google will turn up what you need. I have bought a lot of synthetics for learning/teaching purposes.

dr_

Rough_Rock
Oh! I was under the impression that I could talk about synthetics but not substitutes like CZ. I thought that synthetics were real diamonds. I have only been reading up on diamonds for the past week or so and I may need some more education though.

Euphony

Rough_Rock
Trade
If you are looking for lab-created diamonds, there is a forum where you can talk about that. It is called "Lab Grown Diamonds". They are chemically identical to natural diamonds. I thought you were talking about synthetic sapphire, which has very little value, and is not a topic we can discuss. Lab-grown diamonds are still expensive to produce and cut. Sapphires, not so much.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Euphony|1384640023|3557725 said:
If you are looking for lab-created diamonds, there is a forum where you can talk about that. It is called "Lab Grown Diamonds". They are chemically identical to natural diamonds. I thought you were talking about synthetic sapphire, which has very little value, and is not a topic we can discuss. Lab-grown diamonds are still expensive to produce and cut. Sapphires, not so much.

This is one of the very few times I have heard "not so much" used appropriately and correctly. Thank you Euphony.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/laboratory-grown-diamonds-man-made-diamonds-mmd.60/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/laboratory-grown-diamonds-man-made-diamonds-mmd.60/[/URL]

Hey you're allowed to discuss MMDs but they are for a different subform

Now a few things. Kwiat makes expensive rings being a designed brand. Depending on your budget you may still be able to go regular mined diamonds. Yellow diamonds aren't much more expensive than white, depending on how vivid you want the yellow. You could go X-Y color and cheat a bit. Getting a yellow look without the price markup for "fancy"

And even fancy yellow diamonds might be in reach. We just need to know your budget.

Worse case if it is very low, there's yellow sapphires, which are lovely too (so not even a worse case)

The only thing about MMD that may cause a problem for you is that, how they are made, usually doesn't lend themselves to long shapes like ovals. That means just usually they aren't oval shapes. So it might take longer to find. However, I've seen MMD pears so it might be possible. But if you care to share your budget, you might be surprised by your options.

dr_

Rough_Rock
Thank you to everyone for the help. Here is a picture of the ring I found that looks like what I'm imagining. I regrettably can't attach the picture directly because I'm on my phone. http://www.kwiat.com/fine-diamond-jewelry/yellow-oval-diamond-ring-platinum-yellow-gold-pave-diamond-band-floating-basket/p/58137/99/0/0

I saw a quote for this ring at somewhere around 20000. My budget is 7500 maximum. I really like how the thin band accentuates the shape and size of the diamond as well as how the white pave and halo contrasts the yellow color. I really like the idea of getting a lower color quality white stone rather than going fancy but I don't know the first place to look. Again, thanks for the help!! This is uncharted territory for me.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh how pretty! Your budget is healthy and i do think you could get a lovely mined normal yellow diamond with a nice halo for that price! I would probably start a new thread, just as the title of this one is not going to indicate what this thread is about anymore. As its diamonds, you could post this over in rocky talky, or here. As it kind of reaches over 2 threads.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the brand is what's making the price very high. If you are not stuck on the Kwait brand, you can buy your yellow FCD from Leibish and have it custom set in an almost exact design within budget. The design is common enough that any designer can create a very fine likeness easily. That is unless you are expect a 2 carat fancy intense yellow diamond as well. ;))

I found several Fancy Intense yellow oval FCDs of around 1 carat for $5000, leaving you $2500 for the setting, which is a realistic estimate.
www.fancydiamonds.net

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was me I'd get in touch with engagement rings direct. They make a great harry Winston style halo (like that) and are good at finding stones. I'd say "i want a he style and at least a 1ct yellow oval for 7.5k. And do you have a PS discount?"

And I bet they find you something great.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
I also want to echo that your budget is very healthy! Unfortunately, I'm not overly familiar with diamond prices but you could probably get a beautiful bright sapphire and halo setting for that price.

Jeff Davies probably has some in stock. I'm sure many of the other suggested vendors could also make a halo in your budge though probably not LM, VC, SK, etc..Ask for quotes.

Are you more into the yellow color or the fact it is a diamond?

I also want to recommend (like those above) to start a new thread. Good luck!

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like to answer the original question, but would prefer to do so in the correct forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results