shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could have just two more CS, what would they be?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
An unheated, or heat only ruby with flour--bigger than what I have now. At least 1 carats, preferably 2.

Or the perfect emerald.

I initially made the thread "If you could have just one more CS" but I couldn't choose between those two. Of course :rolleyes: I'd love to hear from everyone else :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coloured diamond would top my list but if not, definitely an untreated top ruby or emerald....except that I cannot afford any of the three. :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A paraiba tourm, I get boring on that subject, over & over & over. :love: Then, hard to choose -- an around-2 ct emerald of excellent quality, a superb piece of jadeite maybe, or a vivid blue diamond. We're talking dreams, aren't we?

-- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Might get lucky and either:
1. Win a huge lottery prize
2. Discover a large hidden inheritence
3. Get adopted by someone with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :lol:

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I would like two neonish chrysoberyl pears (I'm considering this as just one type of cs - a bit of cheating), and a sizeable grey/purple spinel to set together in yellow gold.

sigh.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would put the money for the two stones together and buy one gorgeous big ruby :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Untreated blue-green emeralds with minimal jardin. 1 for a ring for me, and 1 for a pendant for my daughter.

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
An untreated red beryl with minimal inclusions, step cut.

A purple or blue spinel with no gray mask AT ALL (I don't know if that even exists) - any shape but pear.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
Might get lucky and either:
1. Win a huge lottery prize
2. Discover a large hidden inheritence
3. Get adopted by someone with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :lol:

Chrono, I've offered myself as adoptee or legatee to any number of PSers, but no takers....yet! Never know when the next chump might come along, though. :D

--- Laurie

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
only two?

the black prince's ruby and the Darya-ye Noor!

Rubeum

Rough_Rock
On my top, there are always the rubies. But with very much money, say a diamond with a story. An ancient golconda that belonged to who knows what noble house and immortalized in a who knows what picture :read:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1384785863|3558429 said:
Coloured diamond would top my list but if not, definitely an untreated top ruby or emerald....except that I cannot afford any of the three. :lol:

I totally forgot about the option of a colored diamond--I love pinks and steely blues too. :love:

Same here. I do have a pretty ruby, but its small--5mm. I'd love a solid 2ct ruby. I don't know how big this one is--but its one of my first favorites from the time that I joined PS belonging to AllisonFaye. IIRC, its an unheated Thai ruby. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-ring.42636/page-4']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-ring.42636/page-4[/URL] I love rubies and emeralds so much, but they're both stones that take a bit of research, hard work, luck, and a little breath-holding while you're getting it certified if it isn't already.

_12029.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
A fancy intense or vivid blue or green diamond (if money is no object!).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Acinom, VL, Rubeum, and Chrono--I'm surprised by, and totally loving, the number of ruby fans! I've always loved rubies. Its my birthstone. Rubies and pink diamonds were some of the first stones that I was really crazy about when I joined PS. I used to go back and visit some of the same CS/SMTB threads just to stare at the rubies. I'm surprised I haven't learn much

Jewelfreak--I love paraibas! :love: I love emeralds and steely blue diamonds too. This thread reads just like my dream gem wishlist. On the topic of jadeite--Barry have a couple beautiful cabs, but I've never pulled the trigger on them.

Sonya--I've always wanted to see a neon chrysoberyl--I've yet to see one in person!

Kim--I was recently looking for a red beryl too! I still haven't found one though.

Jstar--I love blues and greens too.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An blue-green emerald of 3ct+ in a traditional emerald cut; and a neo pink red heart shaped ? concave cut sapphire/ruby/spinel/tourmaline of 3ct+.

DK :))

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still hoping to find a bright teal Montana sapphire, and my new obsession is for a fancy deep pink diamond... Between the cost of FCDs and the fact that I've bought and returned a number of Montana sapphires as "not being right," I honestly don't' know if I'll end up with one of these. Good thing I enjoy the hunt!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If money were no object...

A four carat top color tsavorite with perfect cutting

and

A big vivid slightly yellowish green diamond (like the color of Kenny's, but two carats!)

Maybe I should branch out to colors other than green...

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A glowing pinkish red ruby and a sparkly yellow diamond both untreated.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This spinel....

...and some kind of large colored diamond. Probably blue or gray.

img_2792.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1384823859|3558869 said:
This spinel....

...and some kind of large colored diamond. Probably blue or gray.

Le Freke, c'est chic!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I didn't realize we meant complete fantasy stones. I'll play.

A gem that's also a piece of jewelry! I'll take one of these bangles. The pair sold for $3.7 million. I only want one:

The second stone would be one of the world famous diamonds that has a name. Any of them.

3point7millionjade.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
PregC, I would like to have those made into eyeglass frames!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Imperial Topaz...there was a picture of it floating around here recently...

Untreated red beryl--I see I have some competition!

cheers--Sharon

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, only two more is really hard.

If we're going for affordability, but for some reason I'm only allowed two more:
- A vivid, yellow sapphire (any shape)
- A top color, blue-green Afghan tourm (cushion is ideal)

If I won the lottery:
- A fancy vivid yellow diamond (rectangular cut)
- A 2+ carat, top color ruby (round)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1384823859|3558869 said:
This spinel....

That looks a lot like Harriet's 2.63 ct Vietnamese blue spinel. Same oval, same large window (to preserve weight) and same bright blue colouration.

bluespinelfluoro.jpg

263lucyenspinel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1384832659|3558935 said:
A gem that's also a piece of jewelry! I'll take one of these bangles. The pair sold for $3.7 million.

Why did you have to remind me about jadeite? I love them. I would like a full set of necklace, earrings and bangle. How can I possibly stop at only two CS pieces? :errrr: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results