clarity

True Stories From Real Life

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and apologies, VelouriaL!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
heeeyyyy I'm in Australia right now so I would believe in any kind of flora or fauna you tried to convince me of...

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I had a sales clerk in a jewelry store tell me that star sapphires were created by Lindy and had never existed before that. She went on to explain that this phenomenon was never found in nature but was their original idea. Plus no other company has ever been able to duplicate it, a true and unique original. That was why the one she had for sale was so expensive. I was fascinated with her creativity. I really wanted to make up a big story about anything and dump it on her but could not keep a straight face and had to get out of there.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Just trolled Ebay for rubies, as I do periodically, and am laughing about a listing for a "natural, untreated" ruby. The seller goes on to say that it is so nice, it must be lab-grown!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually tell people when they ask that it is an extension of my rock collection and now I just wear them so they are with me all the time! I did not have the heart to tell someone last night that her star sapphire ring was a lab created stone.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once won a bet that white sapphires and diamonds are not actually the same thing :rolleyes:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious said:
JewelFreak|1383213312|3548035 said:
I persuaded a jeweler to take me on a long time ago. Good sized shop in Scarsdale. He made a big deal about everything being made right there in his own workshop; all his pieces gen-u-ine hand-created works of art. I was not allowed to go out for lunch -- had to eat a sandwich at the desk in the basement storeroom -- unpacking all the stock he ordered from Italy! This job lasted less than a week; I couldn't lie to customers & besides, the guy was a dope in a lot of other ways.

--- Laurie

He should have just stated it was from Italy. What's wrong with that?

I don't know, Preg -- it was nice Italian stuff, probably commercial quality gems -- I didn't know much about them then but hoped I'd learn there. He was a slimy type -- the first thing he said to me was "I'm not gonna help you cheat on your taxes by under-reporting your income!" Why on earth would he even think of that? (Probably did it himself.) Nice enough shop, weird owner.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results