shape
carat
color
clarity

Heartbroken...tsavorite dilemma

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure that I would be comfortable with having Jewelryhoo make the setting if it was customized to the extent of having tsavs instead of diamond melee. I say this because I *think* it will be a challenge to secure the right color with language and distance barriers. Also, they may or may not be adept at setting colored stones such as tsavs.

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Mydiamondzone on Ebay custom makes rings. They are doing one for me now and they are extremely reasonably priced. I think I'm paying around $400 for a CAD/cast with filigree, millegrain, bezel, engraving in 18k yg. If you search for them on PS you'll find plenty of feedback on them.

Ilya is amazing to work with. So patient. He likes clear direction but you seem to have a very good idea of what you want.

http://stores.ebay.com/mydiamondzone/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparks1007|1384496383|3556896 said:
Mydiamondzone on Ebay custom makes rings. They are doing one for me now and they are extremely reasonably priced. I think I'm paying around $400 for a CAD/cast with filigree, millegrain, bezel, engraving in 18k yg. If you search for them on PS you'll find plenty of feedback on them.

Ilya is amazing to work with. So patient. He likes clear direction but you seem to have a very good idea of what you want.

Do you know if he has experience with colored stone melee such as tsav? That to me would be the critical concern.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had 2 jewellers chip my spinels and garnet is softer than spinels, so I would definitely make sure the bench is experienced in setting coloured stones.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because Melvis isn't well acquainted with benches in her area, I was happy to see FrekeChild say up-thread that it's her understanding Stuller will set, if requested, melee and/or side stones before the semi-mount goes out their door. That way, any problem with setting the tsavs is taken care of (presumably) before the semi-mount lands locally.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that that first BGD setting you posted Niel, would be a good choice. Change the rounds to tsavs, put a marquise in the middle, add some milgrain and put two soldered bands on the side, call it good.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1384532190|3557050 said:
sparks1007|1384496383|3556896 said:

Do you know if he has experience with colored stone melee such as tsav? That to me would be the critical concern.

I know he has coloured stones on his website but I cannot speak to specific melee setting of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results