shape
carat
color
clarity

why so cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

manly

Rough_Rock
I am from Malaysia. looking for a particular diamond. I search for the stone I want in the search engine and found one. I was amazed with the price. It gave me different prices from different dealer. The dirtcheapdiamond.com give me the cheapest price while goodoldgold give me the most expensive price. Why? because dirtcheapdiamond really cheap and goodoldgold really good?
Sorry to the dealers I do not mean to spoilt your reputation. Forgive me.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Give us the information on both diamonds and we can further explain to you the difference.

Its not fair to compair a poorly cut diamond to an ideal cut diamond.

So, give us the information and we can tell you who is the best or why the price difference.

I know Good Old Gold is very particular on the diamonds he sells and that they sparkle.

Remember a diamond is forever and so is Ugly !

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
I Think he means "why does the same diamond have two different prices at different dealers".

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Manly, re your speculation...

"Why? because dirtcheapdiamond really cheap and goodoldgold really good?"

...perhaps!

Actually, although Denver appraiser's explanation covers most of these sorts of things, I really thought there would be no crossover on diamonds being offered between those 2 vendors on this board.

As Iceman suggests, you might share the details.

Have fun. The good values you're seeing here, from the relative ends of the spectrum, are the real deal. And, this board should provide a good education.

Best wishes,

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Are they the same diamonds? That last example was a different diamond. Since you threw that example in there, it makes me wonder if you're actually comparing the same diamonds or not.

manly

Rough_Rock
answering to codex:
If you compare the first 3 diamond they have the same table and same depth with same polish yet price difference to near $200. Why is it so?

the last one if you look carefully is 1.25 carat cost $7800++ and smaller one 1.24 carat cost $8000++ why? 1.24 carat diamond cut better? In what why is the cut better?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Manly,

As you navigate the databases on this board, you may find these shopping suggestions helpful, generally.

Seeing your example, I realize I was wrong, and that at least now, if not always, GOG could have options on what''s sometimes known as the Quicksearch database here. Although it would be reasonable for Leonid to dup populate all the diamonds that appear on the search by cut database also into the Quicksearch database, right now, the consistent logic remains, which is that:

- for the Quick search database, (I believe) all diamonds are not held by the vendors who represent them, and:
- for the search by cut database, all posted diamonds have additional data associated with them, including crown & pavilion data, allowing them to be sorted by HCA score.
- Uniquely, GOG diamonds seem to be double listed in the two databases; then again, their in-house options are not showing at all...at least not yet; I know it''s a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results