shape
carat
color
clarity

Uncomfortable conversation with my friend today

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, Lara, how much have you spent on all your jewelry anyway?

**couldn't help myself... :Up_to_something: :devil:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much sweethearts!

The great irony is, of course, that in PS-land my 'collection' is laughably small and consists of not much more than the objects you see in this thread!! :roll:

I saw her tonight, she had a gathering at her home. I didn't really know too many of the other guests, they seemed very dull. One complained bitterly about paying 90 dollars for a veterinary procedure.

I think (?) she is sorry, she seemed very warm to me. Perhaps she is.
I am still upset (LOL!!). I didn't wear my e-ring.

I'll get over it...eventually. Or perhaps I'll boil her bunny. =)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline|1384178903|3554264 said:
Thank you so much sweethearts!

The great irony is, of course, that in PS-land my 'collection' is laughably small and consists of not much more than the objects you see in this thread!! :roll:

I saw her tonight, she had a gathering at her home. I didn't really know too many of the other guests, they seemed very dull. One complained bitterly about paying 90 dollars for a veterinary procedure.

I think (?) she is sorry, she seemed very warm to me. Perhaps she is.
I am still upset (LOL!!). I didn't wear my e-ring.

I'll get over it...eventually. Or perhaps I'll boil her bunny. =)

:lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't know vets sold antibiotics as individual pills these days! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, seriously, $90. I don't think I've walked out of the vet with a bill less than five times that. If you don't wanna pay, don't have pets.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Well if that's the social circle, no wonder my gf was so mean about my xyv value ring and could quote a price!!
:((

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1384180829|3554279 said:
[.................No, seriously, $90. I don't think I've walked out of the vet with a bill less than five times that. If you don't wanna pay, don't have pets.

geez, isn't that the truth?!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
I am in complete agreement with your position Smith1942. I know what it's like to receive static about my jewellery whether I buy it myself or not. My engagement ring caused quite a stir because it is not a -1 ctw. solitaire or a band without any diamonds which is the generally accepted engagement ring where I live now. I have gotten a lot of implied "why would you and your fiancee ever spend money on such a frivolous thing?" or the general vibe of how selfish I must be to have received such a blingy ring. I can't wait to hear the reactions when I upgrade my diamond studs just because I want some larger ones for everyday as well as for my up coming wedding. Yet, if my fiancee buys new "frivolous" items he gets a pat on the back because he must of 'earned' it. I work hard to earn my money too and should be able to spend it the way it choose with out the "shouldn't you be saving for your future hypothetical children?" Don't let people treat you that way and more importantly never change your behaviour because of their issues.

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1383963233|3553143 said:
Give her a great big smile and say: "Eat your heart out."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I will have to put this in the memory banks.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have often thought about this, because most of my social circle are not ones to wear jewelry, so I'm out of the norm. However my jewelry is not big enough (except for a couple times) to invite open comment/criticism (though I have heard, oh I would never spend so much money on myself, etc).

And I think, a guy could be driving around in a new car x times that amount, and all they would get is pats on the back of how sweet their new ride is and asking of specs.
Yes, many things we do with our money is frivolous, and really it is up to the individual/couple to come to an agreement.
I can understand if you were flaunting stuff yet not feeding your children, yes, but it doesn't seem that is the case!
So I would simply say something akin to, everyone likes to spend their money on different things, or, we've worked it into the budget, etc.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1384204688|3554476 said:
I can understand if you were flaunting stuff yet not feeding your children, yes, but it doesn't seem that is the case!

Oh please :lol: now I know you and I are on the same page but the very connection of child abuse to me and my e-ring is honestly upsetting and offensive :errrr:

And yet culturally it must be quite 'the thing' (jewellery vs child neglect /abuse) because it's been mentioned several times in this thread.
Methinks I will trawl men's consumption forums - boat forums! - and see whether the issue of boat vs child expenses is raised, and how often lol.

*shudder*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results