shape
carat
color
clarity

Not that excited by either sapphire- take a look

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Another fan of the lighter stone.

I vote you keep it in the three stone :) - if not, I'm on a scalloped halo binge and heartily recommend setting it in one if you are considering a halo :)!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Update: I decided to return the stones and set my new diamond into my old three stone ering. While I loved the color in some lights, I didn't always love the stone...and $1525 to me isn't cheap to only like it, not love it. Also, it had some zoning issues that were very apparent face down, and somewhat apparent face-up if I shoved my eyeball up to it. There were too many other variables with other ring possibilities, so I decided to pass.

Gemfix was great though- excellent customer service! And thanks to all of you for your help! I might stick around in the shadows to learn more.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1383767449|3551738 said:
Update: I decided to return the stones and set my new diamond into my old three stone ering. While I loved the color in some lights, I didn't always love the stone...and $1525 to me isn't cheap to only like it, not love it. Also, it had some zoning issues that were very apparent face down, and somewhat apparent face-up if I shoved my eyeball up to it. There were too many other variables with other ring possibilities, so I decided to pass.

Gemfix was great though- excellent customer service! And thanks to all of you for your help! I might stick around in the shadows to learn more.

I think you've made a very wise decision.

It's a shame we haven't converted you to coloured gemstones but to be honest once you're used to seeing diamonds and having a love affair with them it's a completely different world we have here! (BTW the one thing you never do is assess a coloured gemstone face down - it's always face up!).

I'm glad you gave it a go though and at least you can move forward knowing what you want. Good luck with the diamond and I hope the ring turns out beautifully for you.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great learning process! Glad it worked out for you and you are happy to stick to your original purpose. Beautiful outcome, regardless!

cheers--Sharon

airdancer

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at these two Gemfix sapphires for a long time. I am glad you posted pictures of the stones in your hands because the second stone definitely looks better than pictured.

I wonder if it looks very lonely in a simple solitaire setting. It looks great in the sun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results