shape
carat
color
clarity

my ebay chrysoberyl rounds are here!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
so I won these in an auction and think I got a good deal, but would like your opinions. I've never seen chrysoberyls before, but these seem cut pretty decently, are roughly the same size as far as I can see, but they are so difficult to photograph. the stones are a very light green-yellow, and I can't seem to capture that, or their sparkle very well (the FF received it for me and asked "are they diamonds?") - it's not a blingy sort of shine but a muted quiet sparkle, and I like that very much.

what do you think? taken next to a pale yellow band and a slightly tarnished silver (just for colour reference). sorry for the photo spam, I couldn't help myself!

p1130891.jpg p1130893_copy.jpg p1130894_copy.jpg p1130895_copy.jpg p1130896_copy.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please photograph them with the flash function off? It helps to capture the true colour and details much better. Just make sure your ambient lighting is strong enough.

CrisM

Shiny_Rock
Looking forward to your ideas on having these set. Very pretty.

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
Can you please photograph them with the flash function off? It helps to capture the true colour and details much better. Just make sure your ambient lighting is strong enough.

chrono, those were taken under strong white light, not flash! it's nighttime here so I've only got artificial light to go on, but here are some shots under a warmer tube light. hope they work! the grey background is my kindle, the rest on my hand!

p1130901.jpg
p1130904.jpg
p1130908.jpg
p1130912.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do the sizes and colours match well enough?
How is the representation of colour (vendor's photo) compared to what you see?
More importantly, do you love these or they are just okay?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Chrono said:
Do the sizes and colours match well enough?
How is the representation of colour (vendor's photo) compared to what you see?
More importantly, do you love these or they are just okay?

screenshot_1.jpg
here are the original shot from the ebayer (gemdesignstone), and I think the colours match. BUT it's not as blingy as in the photo, and has a more muted shine, as far as I can see.

I do rather like them - I'm getting quite attached. but it worries me as to whether it would match my sapphire, which is green-grey, while these stones are a light green-yellow (the two photos below seem to be the closest match color-wise). I was thinking perhaps I would set these either

1. in unplated yg again (but probably not with my ER jeweler), and use a spacer band of yg;
2. in plated yg/silver so it brings out the green more than the yellow, but this makes me feel like there could be too many colour in my set.

dsc_0001.jpg
p1130904.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As long as the colours are complementary, I think they should be fine. It is personal preference, of course, but I would not want my E-ring stone to be an exact match to my wedding band stones.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I actually think that your e-ring and the chrysoberyl go very well together--I love the slight contrast. Of course, it just depends--do you like it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love chyrsoberyls! I imagine they are quite bright? So what is the design that will incorporate the 5 stones? And isn't this for the same stone that you are having set in the split prong halo? :confused:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's just going to be a 5 stone wedding band MB!

They look pretty! When can you go play with them AND your ering?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
FrekeChild said:

precisely this! my ER is going to be set with the diamonds now and my jeweller tells me it could be ready as early as next week! perhaps the diamonds will bring my sapphire and chrysos together.

thank you all lovely ladies for letting me share, I'm so excited!

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I like them too! In a five stone band I think they'dlook pretty cool.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1383779465|3551832 said:

I knew that! I just stored it in a different part of my brain :oops:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1383784450|3551887 said:
FrekeChild|1383779465|3551832 said:

I knew that! I just stored it in a different part of my brain :oops:
:naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results