shape
carat
color
clarity

engagement ring advise/dilema

little_birdie

Rough_Rock
I've had a read of the thread now, I understand that you have your heart set on this design and in one way you are trying to be practical-considering warranty and insurance.
From my understanding these are the problems:
-the store you want the ring from can't make the alterations you'd like for your setting-so basically they're out anyway, regardless of their status as a chain store. Unless you're then to take it elsewhere and get further work performed on the piece.
-custom stores are out of your price range
-your wedding is in August next year and you need the piece by then
-your proposed budget is $3,000-4,000

From my outsider perspective, you've already received heaps of great advice from ps'ers on the other thread, I don't know what you're hoping to hear, I don't think we have any other magical solutions to get you what you want. I agree with the other posters already that custom stores is really the only area you can look into to get what you want.
Your budget is $3,000-4,000 but you can't afford that at this time. Maybe you should consider simply finding the right diamond on a simple setting in the meantime? Or, as you've mentioned, you don't need the ring till August next year, find out how much time a custom piece will take to create, then you know how long you have to save up for the ring before you need to pay the jeweller. Maybe if saving up $3000-4000 by August next year is not possible then that means your current budget is not realistic in this situation needs to be smaller or you need to cut spending on your wedding fund for that ring.

You mentioned that you first started looking at rings in January, so has your FF been saving since January for the ring?

I know it's hard when you have a specific ring in mind and to come so close to making that a reality with the design and finding out that it's just not possible. You can still get the ring that you want, but I think you may need to be more flexible with your timeline in order to be able to afford that ring if that's what you truly want. Or be willing to look into asking people like Daniel M for quotes and go from there.

It looks like you're considering Adzias anyway, so why not ask them if they can create a similar ring to the design?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results