shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please! Anyone used this interior paint color?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1383050232|3546679 said:
MissGotRocks|1383043681|3546652 said:
In all honesty, it's patience AND gratitude. It's so easy to get caught up in the angst of it all and believe me - I can feel the angst quickly! :angryfire: However, in the midst of those kinds of things - and believe me when I tell you I've had my fair share - it is wise to step back, take a deep breath and realize that we should be grateful for having the opportunity to have new things and realize that in two months when it is all done, the minute to minute frustrations of getting there fall away quickly. I know it's easier said than done but clearly you are on the right track. There is so much that is simply out of our control and I think it's the trying to control it all that puts us in a bind. We choose new things and are unsure of our choices so we want it all completed ASAP to put our minds at ease. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason AND the way they are meant to be. There are people in my life that tell me that's a cop out but it's what I believe and I try to have faith in that belief.

Since you are on hold, maybe you can take a day this week and get out of the house and put your mind to something else. Treat yourself to lunch or a new sweater. Sometimes spinning on the same dime makes you crazy so a change of scenery is a good thing!

Here's hoping for carpet with no defect, paint touched up after it is laid and a complete look that makes you say, "Ah, it was all worth it!" Hugs my friend - hang in there!!!
This. And I usually am quick to consider this. Not sure I did yesterday, and if I did, it was not heartfelt as it should be. Thank you for the words of wisdom and the gentle reminder, perfect. ;)) (and that's not a cop out about believing everything happening for a reason and as it should, it absolutely does)

I think a lot of this stems from the painters and that whole episode, most of which I haven't posted. The joy and happiness I wanted to feel has been robbed from the get go. But as you so eloquently pointed out, I need to focus on all the good. Period. So, until this is all a distant memory I can laugh at ( :| ) here's the good notes!

I LOVE the color of my bedroom, it's better than a glass of chocolate milk, it's a cup of cocoa. :lickout: And I will put my billowy white panels up today on my brushed nickle rods with glass doorknob ends. That part reminds me of my gramma's house which was old and just beautiful. The rods go with the new ceiling fan which has brushed nickle accents and base, and a couple knickle lamps. I also really like the carpet and hubby loves it (and he rarely loves anything). And we both love the new mattress, it's like climbing up/onto a small foothill. I got in last night to sit, pulled up the covers, turned and had to look down at my nightstand. :lol: I may need a new one....

I love the colors of the other bedrooms and the carpet which is same design as mine but a couple shades darker. And of course I love the colors of the livingroom, and the carpet is growing readily.

And you have a point about doing something or buying something. Maybe I'll take my mom up on her offer to take me to lunch.

Thanks again friend, I really appreciate your post.

I love your heart and your quick wit - a winning combo IMO! It all sounds wonderful - funny but I painted our bedroom a couple of years ago in a 'taupy' color - it is SO relaxing and comfortable! Once you have it you can't help but wonder how it took you soooo long to find that perfect balance. Love the billowy panels too - should be divine!

Yep, lunch with mother is always a good balm for the soul. So glad that you are pleased thus far - it will all be great when finished - I just know it!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1383058451|3546729 said:
Ellen, I can't wait to see pics of the finished project! Did you happen to taken an "before" or "progress" photos along the way? Those are always interesting, and good to look back on to see how far you've come!

MGR, your granite is marvelous, and I just LOVE the morning room! Now *I* want a morning room! :bigsmile:

Thanks Dee - we are really pleased with the granite but I was SOOO nervous before it was done. First world problems I know but once it goes in, you just can't rip it out!! The morning room has been the ticket for us - as I said before, I think I could forego some other rooms just to have this one because it's so functional and not something that you decorate and never step into!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1383061626|3546756 said:
Dee*Jay|1383058451|3546729 said:
Ellen, I can't wait to see pics of the finished project! Did you happen to taken an "before" or "progress" photos along the way? Those are always interesting, and good to look back on to see how far you've come!

MGR, your granite is marvelous, and I just LOVE the morning room! Now *I* want a morning room! :bigsmile:

Thanks Dee - we are really pleased with the granite but I was SOOO nervous before it was done. First world problems I know but once it goes in, you just can't rip it out!! The morning room has been the ticket for us - as I said before, I think I could forego some other rooms just to have this one because it's so functional and not something that you decorate and never step into!

I will tell this story only now, since your project is done and all turned out well...

When we redid our kitchen we went and hand picked the slabs of granit and had the fabricators lay out with tape where the sink and cooktop were going to go, etc. Well SOMEHOW there was this SPLOTCH of DARKNESS in the bordeaux granite that ended up SMACK IN THE DAMN MIDDLE of my nine foot long breakfast bar. I came home from work that day, excitedly bound up the stairs to the kitchen, and that was the first thing I saw. Pretty much the only thing I *could* see. Yanno; like once you see the inclusion in your diamond you can never NOT see it? I called up Bill wailing. He thought The Demon or Oscar had been hit by a car or something I was so upset. And then... that splotch... it became my favoite part of the granite over time. :lol: :rolleyes:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good one - and when you can come to LOVE the imperfection in something you know that you are sane and normal! There is a darker circle in one small piece of mine on a sideboard. I saw that first too but then have to realize that it is natural stone so there are the occasional 'variations' - just so used to manmade stuff! HA!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1383061463|3546755 said:
Ellen|1383050232|3546679 said:
MissGotRocks|1383043681|3546652 said:
In all honesty, it's patience AND gratitude. It's so easy to get caught up in the angst of it all and believe me - I can feel the angst quickly! :angryfire: However, in the midst of those kinds of things - and believe me when I tell you I've had my fair share - it is wise to step back, take a deep breath and realize that we should be grateful for having the opportunity to have new things and realize that in two months when it is all done, the minute to minute frustrations of getting there fall away quickly. I know it's easier said than done but clearly you are on the right track. There is so much that is simply out of our control and I think it's the trying to control it all that puts us in a bind. We choose new things and are unsure of our choices so we want it all completed ASAP to put our minds at ease. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason AND the way they are meant to be. There are people in my life that tell me that's a cop out but it's what I believe and I try to have faith in that belief.

Since you are on hold, maybe you can take a day this week and get out of the house and put your mind to something else. Treat yourself to lunch or a new sweater. Sometimes spinning on the same dime makes you crazy so a change of scenery is a good thing!

Here's hoping for carpet with no defect, paint touched up after it is laid and a complete look that makes you say, "Ah, it was all worth it!" Hugs my friend - hang in there!!!
This. And I usually am quick to consider this. Not sure I did yesterday, and if I did, it was not heartfelt as it should be. Thank you for the words of wisdom and the gentle reminder, perfect. ;)) (and that's not a cop out about believing everything happening for a reason and as it should, it absolutely does)

I think a lot of this stems from the painters and that whole episode, most of which I haven't posted. The joy and happiness I wanted to feel has been robbed from the get go. But as you so eloquently pointed out, I need to focus on all the good. Period. So, until this is all a distant memory I can laugh at ( :| ) here's the good notes!

I LOVE the color of my bedroom, it's better than a glass of chocolate milk, it's a cup of cocoa. :lickout: And I will put my billowy white panels up today on my brushed nickle rods with glass doorknob ends. That part reminds me of my gramma's house which was old and just beautiful. The rods go with the new ceiling fan which has brushed nickle accents and base, and a couple knickle lamps. I also really like the carpet and hubby loves it (and he rarely loves anything). And we both love the new mattress, it's like climbing up/onto a small foothill. I got in last night to sit, pulled up the covers, turned and had to look down at my nightstand. :lol: I may need a new one....

I love the colors of the other bedrooms and the carpet which is same design as mine but a couple shades darker. And of course I love the colors of the livingroom, and the carpet is growing readily.

And you have a point about doing something or buying something. Maybe I'll take my mom up on her offer to take me to lunch.

Thanks again friend, I really appreciate your post.

I love your heart and your quick wit - a winning combo IMO! It all sounds wonderful - funny but I painted our bedroom a couple of years ago in a 'taupy' color - it is SO relaxing and comfortable! Once you have it you can't help but wonder how it took you soooo long to find that perfect balance. Love the billowy panels too - should be divine!

Yep, lunch with mother is always a good balm for the soul. So glad that you are pleased thus far - it will all be great when finished - I just know it!!
Well, thank you miss, you are too kind. *blush*

Taupe? I knew I liked you! That's fast becoming my new favorite color. And I had actually considered painting my room some shade of that, but nixed it because of the color of the doors. They are a med. honey color and it just wasn't gonna work. The thing is, they don't work with this color either. In fact, it borders on hideous between them and the walls. :lol: If I can't get hubby to replace them with white ones, we'll paint them. The wood in this house has always left everything to be desired with me. Many people love this color, I just don't (and it doesn't work with many colors). I'm a dark wood gal, but this house needs some lightening up, hence the white. I think once he sees the new kitchen, he may be more open to buying new, as these are a bit beat up.

I didn't get the panels up or do lunch. It rained most of the day and getting mom out in the rain is not fun, so we will try later this week. Ended up having an electrician come and put a plug in the guest bath which never had one. Who does that? lol We kept saying we should put one in and never did, so now it's there. And, I took a nap. I have not slept through the night in 2 weeks, it was really needed. So hopefully the curtains go up tomorrow and I get the bedspread washed. It's a down type that has to be washed in a commercial front load. I hope I don't regret that, but every one I liked was the same. I haven't been in a laundry mat in 32 years! :o

Thanks Dee Jay! I did take some progress pics, not sure if I took total "before" or not. We'll see.

i would love your input when I do my professional painters thread. You've had lots of experience so I know you'll have something valuable to add.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! There is a splotch in my granite, too, Dee Jay! I can only deal with it because it is natural...but in a diamond, no way! lol!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm impressed. My new carpet is in and will be laid tomorrow morning!

The gal at the carpet store said she looked at a portion of it and it looks good. Let us hope.... And the furniture is coming Friday. Rain forecast well into tomorrow afternoon, it's not worth it. What's one more day!!?

DS, that's so funny about your granite. :bigsmile: ;))

btw, I got my curtains up and it's so warm I could open the windows. There was a gentle breeze blowing, and I just stood there with the biggest smile on my face as gentle billows came and went. *sigh* Yep, it's the little things. ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to hear the carpet news! Glad you got an opportunity before Old Man Winter sets in to see the curtains billow and blow! Will be something to look forward to next spring as well!

Sounds like you are in the home stretch on these projects - woo hoo!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that I have a minute, I'm going to share the super glue story!

Hubby was going out of town toward the end of May. I clean every window in this house in the spring - inside and out. They fold in so are not nearly as bad as the days in the old house with windows and STORM windows to be removed and cleaned - yikes!

Anyhoo, he is getting ready to leave and I decide to run into the dining room to do those windows as I seemed to remember having a problem with one of them the past year. As I move the Luminette window covering to the side and flip it over the end, one of the blasted brackets breaks! I run down to the basement to dig out some brackets that Hunter Douglas had previously sent but wouldn't you know it, none of them was the right one. I say I'll call them to get more but them I say, "How about if we try to Super Glue the little end back on the bracket?" Not my brightest thought. We are in the kitchen on the countertop over newspaper and he's holding the bracket and I squeeze on the tube of Super Glue. Apparently, there was an air bubble in the tube so it belches out like a fountain! Lord only knows how but it gets beyond the newspaper on the countertop, the bracket won't hold and we now have our fingers glued together! My index finger is glued all the way down to my middle finger and my ring finger is glued to the little finger of my right hand. I was suddenly in a panic to get my fingers loose. I run to the sink, turn on warm water and grab the fingernail polish remover and start pouring it over my hands. I look at him and his fingers are basically all stuck together in a tee pee sort of thing - he was holding the small part of the bracket. I manage to get two of my fingers unglued but of course lost lots of skin in the process. He's standing there and says, "Now I won't be able to go away because I can't even get my pants unzipped if I have to go to the bathroom!" Isn't that just like a man - worry about that zipper! My fingers are bleeding, the Super Glue is on the counter, the bracket can't be fixed and he's worried about his pants! We finally managed to get all digits unstuck, cleaned up the counter as best we could and got him on his merry way. The Super Glue did not all come off of course and the efforts to get it up made an even bigger mess. I got the windows cleaned and yep, you guessed it - I did not have a bit of trouble with any of those windows!

It was funny and sad at the same time. I worked and worked on the counter top but to my eyes it had to go. No one else seemed to think it was as bad as I did but I just couldn't stand it. After a few months, we finally decided to replace it with granite (which we probably should have done the first time around!) There's a silver lining to most storm clouds and it's a story we'll remember till the end of our days. I will never forget feeling so panicked about my fingers and I will always remember him standing there with his fingertips and thumb all glued together - LOL! I can really make some good messes and as my mother used to say, "You've ruined more things by cleaning them!" It is, unfortunately, the absolute truth!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1383170311|3547778 said:
Now that I have a minute, I'm going to share the super glue story!

Hubby was going out of town toward the end of May. I clean every window in this house in the spring - inside and out. They fold in so are not nearly as bad as the days in the old house with windows and STORM windows to be removed and cleaned - yikes!

Anyhoo, he is getting ready to leave and I decide to run into the dining room to do those windows as I seemed to remember having a problem with one of them the past year. As I move the Luminette window covering to the side and flip it over the end, one of the blasted brackets breaks! I run down to the basement to dig out some brackets that Hunter Douglas had previously sent but wouldn't you know it, none of them was the right one. I say I'll call them to get more but them I say, "How about if we try to Super Glue the little end back on the bracket?" Not my brightest thought. We are in the kitchen on the countertop over newspaper and he's holding the bracket and I squeeze on the tube of Super Glue. Apparently, there was an air bubble in the tube so it belches out like a fountain! Lord only knows how but it gets beyond the newspaper on the countertop, the bracket won't hold and we now have our fingers glued together! My index finger is glued all the way down to my middle finger and my ring finger is glued to the little finger of my right hand. I was suddenly in a panic to get my fingers loose. I run to the sink, turn on warm water and grab the fingernail polish remover and start pouring it over my hands. I look at him and his fingers are basically all stuck together in a tee pee sort of thing - he was holding the small part of the bracket. I manage to get two of my fingers unglued but of course lost lots of skin in the process. He's standing there and says, "Now I won't be able to go away because I can't even get my pants unzipped if I have to go to the bathroom!" Isn't that just like a man - worry about that zipper! My fingers are bleeding, the Super Glue is on the counter, the bracket can't be fixed and he's worried about his pants! We finally managed to get all digits unstuck, cleaned up the counter as best we could and got him on his merry way. The Super Glue did not all come off of course and the efforts to get it up made an even bigger mess. I got the windows cleaned and yep, you guessed it - I did not have a bit of trouble with any of those windows!

It was funny and sad at the same time. I worked and worked on the counter top but to my eyes it had to go. No one else seemed to think it was as bad as I did but I just couldn't stand it. After a few months, we finally decided to replace it with granite (which we probably should have done the first time around!) There's a silver lining to most storm clouds and it's a story we'll remember till the end of our days. I will never forget feeling so panicked about my fingers and I will always remember him standing there with his fingertips and thumb all glued together - LOL! I can really make some good messes and as my mother used to say, "You've ruined more things by cleaning them!" It is, unfortunately, the absolute truth!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^ The above all started with "Apparently, there was an air bubble". :lol: I just knew it was going to be good (bad), but it was even better than I was imagining. Of course, your gift for story telling just added a wonderful embellishment to it all. Ohhhh, my side hurts, really. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. What a visual! Thank you. :bigsmile: My heads hurting too, but it's a good hurt.

And yes, everything does have a silver lining, and yours is just beautiful. ;)) That's kinda funny what your mom said. lol

Well, I was coming in to share the latest. Old new carpet is out, new carpet is in, and it's perfect! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you can get the visual - sometimes words just aren't adequate. I guess some of the funny came from the fact that it was all being done in such a RUSH and suddenly there we stood - all glued together!

Yippee about the carpet - so glad it's perfect this time! On to the furniture!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

Ok, the furniture got here, and , there are issues. Namely, the backs are "crooked" on couch and loveseat. The shoulders have a gentle arch/slope, then it runs straight across. I first noticed the love seat, the right side was lower than the left. The more I looked at it, the more it bugged me. Was I seeing things? So I asked hubby, who rarely notices/sees anything. He instantly said, Oh yeah, it's definitely slanted. He then asked if the couch was, so we took all the pillows off and looked, yep.

So someone from the store came out and she readily admitted she saw the loveseat, though she didn't "seem" to see the couch so much. She measured several places, but couldn't get any numbers that were "off". She thought it was an optical allusion, and I might have too if I hadn't looked from either side of each piece. If it was optical, it would reverse, or at least even out when you went to other side, but it just stays the same. I did finally pull the loveseat away and look at the back, and going up from the seam where the back meets the front piece, there is a greater height on one side. So I will tell her about that.

Bottom line, they will take it back if I'm not happy, but if the store can't show Flexsteel any tangible problem, like discrepancy in measurements, then the store will have to sell the set themselves. I told her, I can't "unsee" this now, my eyes naturally go to the backs. And for all the money I've spent, as these were not cheap, I can't settle. So I'm calling her today to come get them, and I will have to start over with a different design as she pointed out and I had already thought, this could happen again. So a straight back/square shoulder set is in order.

And now we have no furniture as we gave our old stuff to my son..... :lol: :|

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ellen,

I'm anxious to see photos of the finished room. Next yr I am planning on doing some work in the house and I'd like to see how your colors go together.

I went taupe the last time. We have three cats who have ruined the carpet, and other furniture. I have been so reluctant to change it as I think they will do the same thing again.. My carpet is not that old, 7yrs. But I need painting. I want to see the brown carpeting. So, I'll be waiting.

Annette

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Ellen...

I get it though. I once had to send chairs back to Room and Board because they were a very straight and square design and the unevenness in them was so so obvious, exasterbated because they were of such straight lines.

Hopefully you will find pieces that you like as much (or more!) and that the replacement is speedy. And while you're waiting for your new stuff to come in, I got three words for ya: Bean Bag Chair!

bean.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about this turn of events! What are the chances that two pieces of furniture would be made unevenly? The one bright spot is that at least you now have paint on the walls and carpet on the floor so that you can bring in fabric samples and get a much better idea of what it would all look like together. The downside is that you have no furniture! Dee Jay's suggestion is a good one - bean bags to at least sit in and relax on. Do you have any type of sturdy lawn furniture that you could maybe sit on towels? Least it would be something to sit on!

Here's hoping that you find furniture that you love for a better price than you paid for the first! That would be a silver lining to a big ole rain cloud!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Annette, I hope I don't keep you waiting forever.... :sick:

Dee, I seriously had thought about bean bags today. But I was thinking a couple, not, that! :lol: excellent suggestion though. :bigsmile: And I'm glad to hear I'm in good company on returns. You really have been there and done that on a lot of stuff. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I know who my go to person is! :lol: ;))

Miss, you and I are also on the same wavelength! I had already told hubby to bring my lounger in, and I was gonna put baggies on the feet. He hasn't yet though as he's now affraid of the livingroom, he doesn't want anything to happen to the furniture before they come get it. lol Thursday.

Alas, I am now locked into this furniture brand, as I have colors on the wall that I would be hard pressed to find a match for furniture wise. I will just reorder another design in the same fabrics as before. So we will just have to wait, which is now 6-8 weeks, with no promise of delivery before Christmas. I am totally resigned that that will be the case. But I had already told myself the same thing. I have a lovely home, with new paint, carpet, and fireplace doors waiting to be unwrapped and installed. <-------- What will I find??! lol No curtains though, that will have to wait also.

I am definitely in a season here, and I don't mean the holiday kind. But I'll make it, no doubt! ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, they should rush order your new furniture so that you will have it in time for the holidays! You're being a good sport about it all - hope your wait isn't nearly as long as you think.

Funny about hubby and the living room - once they pick up the old stuff you can have yoga classes in a nice, newly carpeted room until the new stuff comes - lol!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1383703253|3551316 said:
Well, they should rush order your new furniture so that you will have it in time for the holidays! You're being a good sport about it all - hope your wait isn't nearly as long as you think.

Funny about hubby and the living room - once they pick up the old stuff you can have yoga classes in a nice, newly carpeted room until the new stuff comes - lol!
:lol: Say, that could help pay for this stuff..... :bigsmile:

I agree they should rush it, but it's funny how they never see things the way we do. The gal at the store did wave the restocking fee, so that was nice. And I am just going to resign myself to 8 weeks. Any sooner will just be a really nice gift.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results