shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new kasumi-like strands from POJ

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
And the shot against my hand as mentioned earlier... at the end of the session I thought to just drape the strands on my hands (which is actually the usual way I buy pearls IRL before deciding if it's worth the trouble to try on my neck).

From top (right):
1. 1st 4 strands (1 to 4) are the POJ rope
2. Next 2 strands (5 & 6) are the POJ strand
3. Next 2 strands (7 & 8) are the Kojima strand
4. Next 4 strands (9 to 12) are the Golay/Hinata 'harvest' strand

See, I'm just destined to be a tahitian pearl fan. :lol:

Think the only way the paler ripples/pearls will look really good on me is if I spend one entire winter season in a temperate location and totally lose my tan (happened to me once, many years ago). Unfortunately since I stay in the tropics and tan easily, this is just wishful thinking. ;(

img_9556.jpg

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade ,
I know what you mean . the longer POJ rope has more peach colored ripples which blends too much with your skin . plus it is smoother ,while the shorter strand is more "rippled " . the shorter one looks fabulous on you . same thing happened with my CC smoother ripples , they did not wow me .

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
jeweln|1382794339|3545009 said:
icy jade ,
I know what you mean . the longer POJ rope has more peach colored ripples which blends too much with your skin . plus it is smoother ,while the shorter strand is more "rippled " . the shorter one looks fabulous on you . same thing happened with my CC smoother ripples , they did not wow me .

Yeah, question is what do I do with strands that I don't love as much? :confused:
Cos they are in the case most of the time anyways. Like I'll always reach for the ones that I love or flatter me right?

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
can you return them ? or try to sell them in the pre-loved form ?

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Or wear them when u wear higher necklines. Or if they r not too heavy, wear together with the kojima or darker strand - that effect looks nice in your photo

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy - I've learned to avoid the usual freshwater Chinese pearl colors of peach, apricot, gold, as well as peach, salmon, pink/peach, mixed colors (which will be mostly peach) and peach. Beautiful as they are, they are not my colors. Did I mention Peach?? For people that look great in these colors, this is truly a golden (or Peachy) age of pearl collecting. I've learned to hold out for pinks that lean towards lavender (and not towards peach) and for lavenders. I too own several mistake strands that I don't wear. I'm hoping to gift them out this Christmas perhaps, or maybe my son will marry a peach of a girl and she can rock them. :))

Do not despair. For people like you and me, this makes the reward all the more sweeter when we can nab that rare and glorious lavender strand. :bigsmile:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
FlyGirl -- I agree with everything you said about peach! Not for me...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1382892783|3545620 said:
FlyGirl -- I agree with everything you said about peach! Not for me...

Ditto :geek:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Jeweln: I don't plan to return. It was a special order that Kevin went thru a lot of trouble for (including to source the stardust clasps that I wanted). Wouldn't be fair to ask for a return and anyway shipping is probably not worth the trouble. As for selling... not sure... it didn't cost a lot and I probably wouldn't get much back anyways. Maybe I need to put them next to me and mull for a few days... :confused:

YC: Not sure. Problem is that I instantly gravitate to the darker ripples or tahitians. Or even my blue baroque. Cos when it comes down to matching strands to the outfit, the favs ALWAYS win. And I can't wear 3 strands comfortably the whole day (I have a weak neck?), and am probably too self-conscious to carry off the look anyway. :tongue:

Fly Girl|1382891464|3545610 said:
icy - I've learned to avoid the usual freshwater Chinese pearl colors of peach, apricot, gold, as well as peach, salmon, pink/peach, mixed colors (which will be mostly peach) and peach. Beautiful as they are, they are not my colors. Did I mention Peach?? For people that look great in these colors, this is truly a golden (or Peachy) age of pearl collecting. I've learned to hold out for pinks that lean towards lavender (and not towards peach) and for lavenders. I too own several mistake strands that I don't wear. I'm hoping to gift them out this Christmas perhaps, or maybe my son will marry a peach of a girl and she can rock them. :))

Do not despair. For people like you and me, this makes the reward all the more sweeter when we can nab that rare and glorious lavender strand. :bigsmile:

Fly Girl: Do you have pics of your pinks and lavenders? I haven't seen any pinks or lavenders that I can wear before... :blackeye: Kinda thought that these colours are really not meant for me tho I do really love some of the pinks and lavender strands that I've seen. In fact one of my first strands was a lavender that looks absolutely bleh on me.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Those are gorrrrgeous! I'm sorry you're not loving the lighter strand on your skintone. As someone else suggested, maybe wearing it on a higher neckline? I have the same issue with anything remotely peachy, it blends right into me and just doesn't work. But that dark strand is amaaaazing on you!

I love this necklace/bracelet combo the ladies here have been doing, it's brilliant.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1382946384|3545962 said:
Fly Girl: Do you have pics of your pinks and lavenders? I haven't seen any pinks or lavenders that I can wear before... :blackeye: Kinda thought that these colours are really not meant for me tho I do really love some of the pinks and lavender strands that I've seen. In fact one of my first strands was a lavender that looks absolutely bleh on me.

icy_jade - I already wear lots of lavender, deep purple, and light pink sweaters. If you don't wear these colors in your clothing, then you probably don't want to have them in your pearls either.

As Jeremy noted in the recent video with 4Ranch Girl, there is quite a variation in lavenders. I have seen shades of lavender pearls that are more on the bronze side that did not appeal to me.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LtypeI said:
I love this necklace/bracelet combo the ladies here have been doing, it's brilliant.

Yeah, 'transformer' pieces are fun. :mrgreen:

Fly Girl said:
icy_jade - I already wear lots of lavender, deep purple, and light pink sweaters. If you don't wear these colors in your clothing, then you probably don't want to have them in your pearls either.

As Jeremy noted in the recent video with 4Ranch Girl, there is quite a variation in lavenders. I have seen shades of lavender pearls that are more on the bronze side that did not appeal to me.

Mmm... in my younger days I used to wear fuchsia. Dark purples/maroons are still in my wardrobe. Some of the colours are not in my wardrobe perhaps also cos I'm just not a very 'girlie' girl. Have always been drawn to blacks, shades of grey and dark blues. :loopy:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1382979970|3546183 said:
LtypeI said:

Yeah, 'transformer' pieces are fun. :mrgreen:

Fly Girl said:

Mmm... in my younger days I used to wear fuchsia. Dark purples/maroons are still in my wardrobe. Some of the colours are not in my wardrobe perhaps also cos I'm just not a very 'girlie' girl. Have always been drawn to blacks, shades of grey and dark blues. :loopy:

The peachy pink would be really pretty with the grey! White will also make them look striking and more colorful. They certainly don't look bad on you, they just don't pop as much as the Tahitians. I say wear them and enjoy them, they are a lovely long strand of pearls :wink2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting when pearls make it to Jewel of the Week :appl: .

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on making the "Jewel of the Week", icy_jade. You have to wear that rope now!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And, your photography skills are paying off. Well done!! :wavey:

LindyLoooo

Rough_Rock
Truly beautiful jewel of the week! :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats icy :appl: :appl: :appl: Now you definitely have to wear it :wink2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Baby Monster, Fly Girl, LindyLoooo & LitGeek!

What an honour and a huge surprise! Yeah, now I will have to wear the strands in the same arrangement at least once right? :naughty:
I'll need to get a white top first I think. :lol:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
The colors might work on you if they are not laying on your skin. I would wear them on a cream cashmere sweater - round neck. I am not sure that a silk top would work because of the texture of the pearls unless it is a very heavy thick silk with some texture but you might try it. Peach is not one of my go to colors either and I do love the salt water pearls but it does not stop me from buying the freshies especially if they are metallic.

Congratulations on the jewel of the week :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What is "jewel of the week"?!!! I tried to google it on PriceScope and I just can't find it!

Okay, found it! So few pearls... glad to see one of us!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congrats on Jewel of the Week Icy jade!!!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Icy Jade! :appl: Pearls rarely get to be the jewel of the week.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this set is a masterpiece-- I'm a huge fan of peach and pink :love: :love: .

Congratulations on being Jewel of the Week :appl: :appl: :appl: !~

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on Jewel of the Week! That's awesome! This set is seriously beautiful.

I think we need a new rule. When you make jewel of the week, you have to wear your piece for a week with diff outfits and post photos of each one for us :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think that's a very fair rule!

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
ICY JADE OMG love the dark strand! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

your longer peachier strand is very nice too. but HOLY MACAROONS that lavender with the super-darks in amongst the goldens, i love it! enjoy! :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone. Promise some neck shots when I find a matching top.
Haven't been able to shop recently tho. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results