shape
carat
color
clarity

4Ranch girl- are you around??

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Hi 4rg- I was wondering if you could help me, please!! When you were at PP you selected 2 SS drops for me to look at- but I know you liked one of them much better than the other. Here is the picture that was sent to me (with pairs of drops for earrings,too!!) and the picture is a tad blurry. I'm told the top one has the better luster and also has rose overtone over silver. Do you remember if that's the one you said I should buy?? thanks!!!!!!!

Also- here's a picture of the souffles I'm getting that 4rg picked for me!! thank you 4rg!!

10-25-13b.jpg

10-25-13c.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the video and listened to the part choosing your pearl. It is the one that is more silver than the other one which has more pink over tone. There is pink on yours but not as much as the second one. Ask to have Jeremy look at them for the one we liked best to be sure which one it is. He will remember. It was really something else. I also think is is more of a perfect drop shape as well. All I know is I really, really loved it for the shape and luster. But any of the drops in that lot is not the average pearl they are all something else. Some just more so but it would be spliting hairs.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I also remember it is the luster that caught my eye on that pearl. Glad you are choosing earrings from that batch too. The luster of those pearls is outstanding and they all should go together.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks 4rg- I listened to the video a couple of times and couldn't tell which one. I've emailed Jeremy so hopefully he will remember!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure he will. Your pendant is going to be divine.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1383349723|3548881 said:
I am sure he will. Your pendant is going to be divine.

Bummer, Jeremy wasn't sure either. His suggestion is for me to see both and see which one works better with the diamond- so I think that's what I'm going to do. That way I'll know for sure which one to pick!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel -- Please post neckshots of your souffles when you can! I am a fan of souffles and am looking forward to seeing more of yours.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1383409053|3549075 said:
pinkjewel -- Please post neckshots of your souffles when you can! I am a fan of souffles and am looking forward to seeing more of yours.

bsomio, I am buying the souffles to make my sister a tincup necklace. It will be aprox 34 inches long and I'll be using rose gold chain, but I'll be happy to post a shot once it's finished. =)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Both pearls are wonderful because of the luster. I hope one of them will work with your pink diamond. Your sister will be thrilled with her gift. Lucky girl and a thoughtful sister you are :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Those SS look wonderful...I know I'd love any of those pairs ! And can't wait to see the souffle tin cup...with the rose gold and those beautiful pearls it will certainly be a winner...what a great sister !!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Souffle hint. Drop the pearl vertically onto the point of the wire or needle = it seems to be easier to get it through the hole that way rather than horizontally. But in any case threading souffles is a PAIN.

(afterthought - as I posted this I thought 'I'll make a video showing that technique..then I thought, a video of five minutes of hissing, growling, trying to get the danged things to thread through......Maybe I will give it a try and edit edit edit the tape!)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1383557522|3549981 said:
Souffle hint. Drop the pearl vertically onto the point of the wire or needle = it seems to be easier to get it through the hole that way rather than horizontally. But in any case threading souffles is a PAIN.

(afterthought - as I posted this I thought 'I'll make a video showing that technique..then I thought, a video of five minutes of hissing, growling, trying to get the danged things to thread through......Maybe I will give it a try and edit edit edit the tape!)

Haha- I do know what you mean. I made a rose gold tin cup last year with the souffle pearls, although I only had trouble getting the gold wire through a couple of them. This new strand looks like the pearls may be a tad more irregular, so it may be a little more of a challenge. What's funny is I originally planned on making the first one for my sister, but my Mom thought she didn't like pearls- so I kept it for myself. I was wearing mine when I visited her a few months ago and she LOVED it-go figure. So now this one is for her. =)
Here's a pic of mine that I made last year.

_11548.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It is entirely possible to not like little round white pearls, but to love these soufflés. Your sister is very lucky you were able to obtain more soufflés. They are not easy to find.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results