shape
carat
color
clarity

Flip flops and arch support

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got 2 new pairs of flip flops, and while they're super comfy, they provide no arch support for my feet. By the time I took them off tonight, my feet were throbbing and I was limping. I think I may return the other pair I haven't worn yet and look for something else. What are good flip flops to wear if you have foot issues? TIA!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, ForteKitty! I actually like those. I'm surprised that they make nice flip flops now. I ordered a pair once and they looked awful. Very orthopedic. The ones from that site look great.

Any other suggestions?

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Zoe, please be SUPER careful with what you wear.

I've spent the better part of the past 2 years struggling with plantar fasciitis, largely from wearing sandals with open backs and not enough support. Let me tell you - NOT FUN.

The ones Forte Kitty pointed to look good, actually, and I'll likely check those out myself.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chaco makes a nice flip as well, if the ones you ordered don't work out. As a company, they are HUGE on arch support! :wavey:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've got really sensitive feet, and its complicated by my fibromyalgia. The only flip flops I can wear regularly and for hours at a time are Reefs. They are very well padded and do come with arch support. Good luck!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Reefs. They are SOOO comfortable!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I am a Florida girl originally, and even spent some time living in the caribbean AND have high arches. I agree with the above recs: reefs (some of them) and chaco's are great.

But, I have to say, I think the ones I've loved the most and the longest have been my RAINBOWS. They are leather and you can get them in a lot of different colors. They are a bit pricey, but do last. I'd recommend trying them on before buying as you may be particular about flip flop length...cauz, u know, that overhang in the front can just lead to tripping issues. I know that Nordstroms carries them.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I really loathe flip flops (we call them rubber thongs here), the only time I usually wear them is home from the beauty parlor after having a pedicure.

A couple of months ago, I walked around the city for a few hours after my pedicure before going home. By that night I was in agony from sciatica. Agonising, hideous pain for about 4 days.

I mentioned my poor choice of footwear to my chiropractor and he said the uneven shuffling gait of wearing flip flops could certainly lead to this sort of back condition.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results