carat
color
clarity

Some help/thoughts on stones and colors for a setting please

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Some help/thoughts on stones and colors for a setting pl

Well I went ahead and bought it. I can always use it for something else if it is not exactly right but I think in a bezel it will be the just right color. And the price is sure right! Thanks Minous and everyone for your help. Hopefully this is the one.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well I would be honored to know that a stone that was once in my home ended up in such a lovely ring!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is so sweet of you minou! I cannot wait to get it! My jeweler found four OECs for the rest of the setting so we are well on our way! :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I got the stone today and it is quite a lovely little thing. I see a bit of purpley violet more than grey so far which is ok with me. And the color of blue is going to be great in a bezel - not too dark. Wish it was a bit bigger but the price was right! Overall very happy with it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1383164107|3547717 said:
I got the stone today and it is quite a lovely little thing. I see a bit of purpley violet more than grey so far which is ok with me. And the color of blue is going to be great in a bezel - not too dark. Wish it was a bit bigger but the price was right! Overall very happy with it!

Awesome! I bought it years ago so I was able to pass it along for what is now considered a relative bargain price, and I am pleased to see that the next two in line maintained the same price. So the fact is, if you look around for comps, you got the stone for a very good price! But the important thing is that it will work for you - yay!! :appl: :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Things are progressing nicely and I thought I would show a pic of the new sapphire with my 4mm earrings so you can see the size of OECs with the (smaller than I had planned) sapphire. I like the proportions and my jeweler has found four 4mm OEC diamonds for the ring! Bottom is the CAD for this project still not finished. So excited to see this happen! Hopefully before the end of the year. :appl:

dscn1158.jpg

vintage_ring.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1383434798|3549273 said:
Things are progressing nicely and I thought I would show a pic of the new sapphire with my 4mm earrings so you can see the size of OECs with the (smaller than I had planned) sapphire. I like the proportions and my jeweler has found four 4mm OEC diamonds for the ring! Bottom is the CAD for this project still not finished. So excited to see this happen! Hopefully before the end of the year. :appl:

dscn1158.jpg

vintage_ring.png

That arrived quite quickly, didn't it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results