shape
carat
color
clarity

What threads draw you in?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you're skimming through PS threads what keywords do you see in titles that just draw you in? You know, something you just love to talk and be a part of?
mine is "budget" or a low amount for the ring like "ring for 4k" or something. Also "marquise"

So like "ruby", "oec" " emerald cut"... "GOG"

Of course many of us post on all sorts, but what really pulls you in?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most topics about rings drag me in quickly, that and the word Cartier. :naughty: Otherwise, it just seems random what interests me at the moment. I love the random topics thread it's fun to visit to see what's going on in other's lives. Teacher or school threads always interest me. I stay away from the heavy political threads as I don't always have the same opinions as many on PS, but I enjoy hanging out here :D :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the treads about religion, politics and race. :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Politics... :read: :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reading the controversial threads -- politics, religion, race, etc -- but often don't post as my views are usually very different from a lot of others here.

Important current life stuff (like health care and insurance) is something I've been following closely.

I "lurk" in all things baby, TTC and pregnancy because I love the pictures of the babies and learning from all of those who are going through different things. I also like to send extra positive thoughts to all those who are going through challenges.

All things wedding! I've always loved weddings and marriage (my biggest dream when I was little was how to celebrate my 50th anniversary!). And I just got married two weeks ago so it is fresh on my mind.

Teenagers and other wacky family relations because I've got more than a few.

Anything to do with 3-stones, eternities, 5-stones, rubies, sapphires, "show me your _____"....

Random funny or cute stuff.

Anything Kenny posts that sounds wrong -- Boobees and "The huge bulge in my speedo" come to mind :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1383281828|3548519 said:
I love reading the controversial threads -- politics, religion, race, etc -- but often don't post as my views are usually very different from a lot of others here.
In other words you are a conservative.. :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't been posting much in the last few months. I still read threads in Hangout and F&H, just not as often as I used to. I mostly stick to the lighter threads like the ones about holidays, books, families, etc. I read the more serious threads occasionally but don't post in them. During election years, I like reading the political threads but I find it frustrating that they usually end up being closed.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it says AVC or Singlestone or three stone, I want to read it. I like the random stuff and I like the controversial ones, even tho I get frustrated b/c my opinions also are not the majority.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like threads about old cuts and also about relationships. I also like thought provoking threads and controversial threads because I like seeing all sides of issues and am not so stuck in what I think is right not to expand my thinking.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. ANY thread that says "help me identify this stone" or "is it real?" I love to see if someone totally got a sick bargain.
2. Any thread regarding VC or an emilya halo. (Obviously)
3. High HCA scores with excellent cuts.
4. Any new "show me the bling" post.
5. Insurance issues with JM..

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I do love the relationships stuff; family, personal, friends, etc. I love to give advice about this stuff, and sometimes I need it myself.

I also respond to anyone asking for dust, because it really does work.

I don't respond to threads asking for yet another blue sapphire e-ring. Just too many of those to keep up with in CS.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any thread with a super vague title. Usually begins with "What would you do?" or something to that effect. It's just too mysterious and I can't handle not finding out what sort of drama is happening within.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I read most everything but the ones I click on first - and most excitedly - are anything with these words:
Singlestone
What is your favorite ring/stone and iterations on that theme (love me some eye candy!)
Rosecut
Padparadscha
Show me your whatever (chrysoberyl, mahenge, Tahitians, M and lower diamonds, colored stone eternities...). I really love getting to see several examples of something all together - helps me better understand my own preferences
Five stone
Ruby
Holy grail
IDJ
AVC
Yellow gold

And I always, always read the blue sapphire threads! I love blue sapphires and am in the market for one myself. Plus I feel like a blue sapphire is a gateway drug to the world of CS. I like to help people over to the colorful dark side! :)

I don't read most of the controversial political threads. I have many wonderful people in my life who have very different views on the world. We often have passionate (but considerate) debates. PS is my happy space and I don't want to have to work that hard here! But I often skim the beginning to see if it's a discussion on a topic I don't know much about. Those I'll read sometimes because I like to learn about people's different takes on things.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1383335119|3548786 said:
Oh, I do love the relationships stuff; family, personal, friends, etc. I love to give advice about this stuff, and sometimes I need it myself.

I also respond to anyone asking for dust, because it really does work.

I don't respond to threads asking for yet another blue sapphire e-ring. Just too many of those to keep up with in CS.

I know what you mean about blue sapphire threads. Its why I usually don't get pulled I to "1.2 g vs2 " threads. Just sooooo many I feel like I've seen it a million times. Nothing that really interests me.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Some people are more open with themselves than others. I don't expect anyone to give away details about themselves when they're coming here for advice on buying diamonds and rings. However sometimes the people who like to share, I notice, often get big responses from people who get drawn into their narrative. I think of Arcticcatmatt as a recent example.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Everything on CS, although I get tired of people who come here and do no homework and want us to feed them everything. Colored stones don't work like that.

Everything on SMTB.

On Hangout, I'm starting to avoid politics, religion, race. I find the futile to have an online discussion. It's better in person, or maybe not at all. People tend to be entrenched about their ideas instead of realizing that people have different experiences that lead to different outlooks on life.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1383402358|3549048 said:
Everything on CS, although I get tired of people who come here and do no homework and want us to feed them everything. Colored stones don't work like that.
Preach it sista! Especially the "I want a blue sapphire, 2+ carats, non-heated, vivid saturation blue with a touch of violet, and I've only looked at NSC. Find my perfect engagement stone!" threads. Of which there have been a lot since the royal engagement.

I lurk more than I post, but I like to read the "I have a problem" threads in the more personal areas (Hangout, BWW, LIW, FHH) or the setting design threads in RT/CS/SMTB.

And shoe threads, although those are very few and far between lately. Probably because I haven't been starting any!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything with a poll. Anything easy to relate to. Personal interest threads. Those I might post in. Other things I stay out of if I think it's just too much drama.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tend to read:

- anything about vintage

- anything about gender issues (I.e., should women propose, pay for their rings, mention it I their surprise proposal ring isn't their cup of tea but they feel bad saying anything, or, flip side, dude TOTALLY wants to surprise his GF with this amazing tension set marquise, no, he's never gotten her thoughts on either of these, it's a gift so why should he etc.)

- and, my very favorite ... the threads that get people to explain their jewelry philosophies.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1383432207|3549256 said:
I tend to read:

- anything about vintage

- anything about gender issues (I.e., should women propose, pay for their rings, mention it I their surprise proposal ring isn't their cup of tea but they feel bad saying anything, or, flip side, dude TOTALLY wants to surprise his GF with this amazing tension set marquise, no, he's never gotten her thoughts on either of these, it's a gift so why should he etc.)

- and, my very favorite ... the threads that get people to explain their jewelry philosophies.

id take that :naughty: (E/W i assume)

I dont usually read the controversial threads. Just because if i dont catch it early, you end up with 4 pages, and if I try to read them, By the first page im already riled up.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC
Step cut
Bezel
Platinum/WG
Coloured stones, especially for pink/red/purple stones
Pearls
Earrings
Food
Anything else that take my fancy, however, I stay clear of politics and religion.

DK :))

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel said:
I tend to read:

- anything about vintage

I dont usually read the controversial threads. Just because if i dont catch it early, you end up with 4 pages, and if I try to read them, By the first page im already riled up.

Heh, to be honest, so would I (a nice Sholdt, maybe?) - it's just the ones that are really idiosyncratic in light of general expectations that make me want to double check if dude has ever run that past his SO, yanno?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

House reno and clothing threads. Most anything on colored stones and the (high carat) gold jewellery thread.

Oh and any thread started my Megeve, Phoenix and AN...cuz you know it is just going to be eye candy yummy! :love: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1383434532|3549271 said:
Niel said:
I tend to read:

- anything about vintage

Heh, to be honest, so would I (a nice Sholdt, maybe?) - it's just the ones that are really idiosyncratic in light of general expectations that make me want to double check if dude has ever run that past his SO, yanno?

haha i know what you mean. Like if he came in saying "im thinking E/W chocolate colored marquise!"

But id be lying if i said i DIDNT contact my local sholdt dealer to see if they could snag me any Sholdt pics of E/W marquise... :naughty:

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
Sapphire, emerald, tsavorite, mahenge spinel, yellow diamond, Victor Canera, Leon Mege, cushion cut, french cut, art deco, art nouveau, eye candy/show me your..., and anything that asks for my personal opinion - what would you do/which do you prefer? love a poll.

I avoid anything that is about politics, religion, or children (don't have any).

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I think different things draw me in, depending on my mood.
This is a fascinating forum, a wonderful website, with many intelligent, articulate, people.
I don't post much, but I sure appreciate all what everyone writes here.
I need to contribute more.
:)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanted to add, if it says "custom" in the title, I click it. Or CAD's. In CS if it's a yellow stone or a chrysoberyl, I want to see it. Modern. Bezels.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hardly ever drop in anymore but when I do I usually am clicking on threads that involve:

1) General questions like "What threads draw you in?" :tongue:
2) Anything that includes the words "BRAT", "CRAZY", "SPOILED" etc
3) Threads I suspect may include easy recipes especially Healthy/Diet-friendly ones
4) Asscher stuff (though am super bored w/the topic now --- STILL SUPER IN LOVE W/MY ASSCHER THOUGH)
5) NEW SEASON SHOPPING THREADS
6) Random threads on Breaking News/ Hot Topics etc etc

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results