shape
carat
color
clarity

Good bean bag chair recommendations

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My three year old is in love with bean bag chairs so we'd like to get one for him for Christmas. I've been looking around and there are so many choices! As for size, it looks like we want a 5' one, not a massive one, but not the one for toddlers either. I guess we are looking for the standard size so that adults can use it also.

We obviously want something comfortable and that can hold up to what a 3 year old will put it through. LOL! Definitely not a vinyl one. We're looking to spend a maximum of $200 on one.

Can anyone recommend an awesome bean bag that is sturdy and comfortable? Thanks!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They still make bean bag chairs? :lol:

Sorry orbaya - probably not what you were looking for. But... my recollection from way back when they were originally introduced is that the novelty wears off very quickly, so I'd advise staying on the inexpensive side.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1383338000|3548810 said:
They still make bean bag chairs? :lol:

Sorry orbaya - probably not what you were looking for. But... my recollection from way back when they were originally introduced is that the novelty wears off very quickly, so I'd advise staying on the inexpensive side.

My reaction too! The very first "big" purchase I ever made was a beanbag chair. I saved up my babysitting money, walked up to the store, bought it and carried it the six blocks home. It was bright orange (think Mandarin orange) and was like soft short fur. I sure loved that chair! It eventually sprang a leak...

Sorry for my threadjack down memory lane!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yes, but now they are 5 or 6 foot diameter, microsuede pieces of furniture!

The best, I think, are the original LoveSacs, but they are very pricey. I bought a FufSac from Overstock a few years ago and it's been great. The cover doesn't come off so you have to spot clean and after two-ish year (and two adults and two dogs using daily :twirl: ) it needed some extra fluffing when re-arranging it's shape. But has otherwise held up remarkably well.

We used ours everyday; I would read, sleep, and work on the computer in it. I did eventually give it my parents for their attic/lounge room space simply because they really are large and after I married and finished moving all my stuff into out house we simply didn't have the room for it.

Overstock has lots of sizes and price ranges to choose from and consumer reviews, which I find very helpful!
http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=beanbag+chairs&SearchType=Header

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Fatboy USA. They make really good quality bean bags. I work in the commercial interiors world and we actually sell these to Google, Facebook, and many other high tech campuses. They make a Junior size which would be perfect for kids.

http://shop.fatboyusa.com/products/junior

Or if you want something super cuddly, check out Restoration Hardware's Luxe Faux Fur bean bags, my friend has a few at her cabin and the kids love them.
http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?link=LuxeFauxFurBeanBags&categoryId=cat1640010

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my niece and nephew some on Etsy. They had handmade patchwork covers of very fun fabrics. Lots of variety. Can't remember the vendor but it will probably be obvious if you search. Good luck!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one last year from Pottery Barn Teen for my step daughter. It's big... She's really enjoyed it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results