shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl drop jackets - what shape pearl?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time deciding what shape of pearl I should get for my pearl drop jackets. Do I go with a perfectly round Freshadama to match the necklace I ordered (9.0-9.5mm) or do I go with a drop shaped (longer pearl)?

These were my inspiration earrings but I've been looking at jackets with drop pearls and they look good too. Does anyone have opinions on whether either shape will look better or more flattering? I think I'll like to wear both at my wedding.

Thanks! drop_earrings.png

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really pretty. I would match the shapes if possible. I do like matching jewelry in gemstone jewelry also. If not it may look like you didn't buy a set, but settled for something kind of similar.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oval or drop shaped would be my choice, and I would ask PP to pick out a pair of large metallic CFWPs with as smooth a surface as possible for earrings.

DK :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a matchy person so I say buy the shape that appeals more to you. Whenever I can't decide between 2options, I buy both and choose in person.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
For your wedding day I would go for the rounds. Those inspiration earrings are just lovely (Mikimoto?) and If that is the look you are going for you may not be happy with drops. I think that particular style is classic, elegant, and timeless. You can always add drops to your collection later. I am hoping to add round dangles to my collection soon...still deciding on earring jackets or just getting the romantic setting from PP :naughty:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I think it would bother me if my earring didn't match my necklace when worn together so I'm going to stick with the round drops. May buy longer drop pearls to wear later!

Yes, the inspiration was Mikimoto. :)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1383334834|3548778 said:
Thanks everyone! I think it would bother me if my earring didn't match my necklace when worn together so I'm going to stick with the round drops. May buy longer drop pearls to wear later!

Yes, the inspiration was Mikimoto. :)

I think you will be really happy with your choice! Haha, I thought I recognized those earrings...they are saved in my design inspiration folder :wink2:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty earrings!

I think either would work. My drops are slightly off round but from anything other than about 8 inches they look entirely round. I think with that style of earring round would work best - the shape of the diamond is echoed in the pearl. I am all about symmetry!

I have a pair of earrings that are a little similar (except that instead of the chain they have a row of bezeled diamonds). Will try and dig them out today at some point.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1383339688|3548826 said:
I have a pair of earrings that are a little similar (except that instead of the chain they have a row of bezeled diamonds). Will try and dig them out today at some point.

These sound divine! Oh please post a photo for us :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I have three pairs of pearl jackets. Two pairs (white and pink) are distinct drops. My newest is baroque blue akoya, off-round.

I don't think you can go wrong with pearl shape for jackets.

Yours sounds classic and beautiful.

Please post ear shots when you can.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results