shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl drops from diamond halo studs

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
The other day I thought I would try my new pearl society south sea drops on my halo diamonds studs. Just on the off chance they fit...

And whaddya know!! Almost perfect! There is a tiny little gap between the bottom of the stud and the top of the pearl where you can see a teeny bit of the gold finding but it's hardly noticeable.

Here are a few photos for you. I am so happy with the fact I have basically created another spectacular pair of earrings that I wasn't expecting!

img_5378.jpg

img_5382.jpg

img_5392.jpg

img_5397.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Just for reference, the centre stones in the studs are G/VS2 at 0.50ct each measuring 5mm. The halo stones are 1.5 points each (0.015ct). Total carat weight is 1.36ct.

c langston

Shiny_Rock
What wonderful earrings, love, love, love those! :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this thread? They are gorgeous :love: :love: :love: Wondering what size are the wSS drops and are these jackets getting much wear?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these misskittycat-just beautiful! :love: I bet you are getting a lot of wear from these. :appl:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
MissKittyCat, Your earrings are lovely. The size and shape is just perfect. Do these drops fit on any other earrings you have or are they built just for these studs?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That looks spectacular. Fabulous.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's perfect ! How marvellous that you now have two special pair of earrings !! Wonderful to be able to switch it up like that !! Well done ! :appl:

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've never been asked for pearl drops with findings like these....It seems like such a brilliant idea. What do you clever pearl lovers think?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pearlescence|1383034224|3546629 said:
I've never been asked for pearl drops with findings like these....It seems like such a brilliant idea. What do you clever pearl lovers think?
My jeweler has always put a small ring at the top of the pearl to allow for movement, which adds interest. The arrangement here would be a bit more static, but I think would work with big pearls like these. With smaller pearls I'd worry about them going a bit sideways and staying there.

These are gorgeous earrings, BTW, misskittycat. They look like a fixed pair and not jackets, which adds to their richness.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1383055274|3546707 said:
Pearlescence|1383034224|3546629 said:
My jeweler has always put a small ring at the top of the pearl to allow for movement, which adds interest. The arrangement here would be a bit more static, but I think would work with big pearls like these. With smaller pearls I'd worry about them going a bit sideways and staying there.

These are gorgeous earrings, BTW, misskittycat. They look like a fixed pair and not jackets, which adds to their richness.

I agree, I think you need large pearls to pull this off. They look fabulous though!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: Can't believe I missed this thread. These earrings are elegant and beautiful.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are lovely, thanks for sharing! :love:

Won't work for me though, as there is quite a distance between my diamond earring jackets and the base of my earlobes, and a chain will not hang probably due the bottom of the lobes being slight raised. :(

DK :))

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Which would be the best fitting for the pearl drops...I've seen a figure of eight on a pendant cap and a straight wire with a loop which is set directly into the drop pearl?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearlescence|1383119188|3547315 said:
Which would be the best fitting for the pearl drops...I've seen a figure of eight on a pendant cap and a straight wire with a loop which is set directly into the drop pearl?

Can you post a photo of the figure 8 please?

Those pearls look fairly substantial..(and lovely) .. how large are they?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry! I have been a bit busy over the last few days and had no idea that this thread had been revived!!

The pearls were originally set for a pair of sapphire and diamond earrings I had made:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-diamond-jackets-with-sapphires-and-pearls.189776/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/custom-diamond-jackets-with-sapphires-and-pearls.189776/[/URL]

I am getting a lot of wear of both earrings, with and without the pearls! But I do love wearing them with the pearls ;-)

The pearls are quite big. They are Australian South Seas and measure 14.5 x 13.2mm and 14.2 x 13.2mm. They are slightly drop shaped and great quality. I bought them from Pearl Society and was very happy with the result.

I had the pins hand made by my jeweller and they were quite expensive. Pearlescence I would be keen to know if you would be able to find a finding that would work as I have another pair of Tahitians I want set like this but the price is just too expensive right now. Larger pearls need a bit more support so this kind of finding does work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results