shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me select Tahitian studs?

rengb6

Rough_Rock
First I'd like to thank Jeremy and 4Ranchgirl for picking these pearls out for me during her trip to Pearl Paradise. Here are the pairs that they selected for me. I believe the first and third pairs are 9-10mm and the second is 10-11mm. I have black hair and small ear lobes so color is the most important factor to me. Thanks for your thoughts!

_11428.jpg

_11429.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They are all very pretty, but I like the pair in the first picture best. I don't think you could choose wrong though. Do any of the pairs stand out and catch your eye? I say go with the pair that you love best :wink2:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with LitGeek, I'd go for pair in the first picture.

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
The first pair seem to be most colorful and 'light' - they are all lovely but I like this one best.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Sorry but I was too distracted by your goldens in your avatar pic. Can you pls share more details on them? :love:

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
I'm with icy... Those are some luscious looking goldens... :love:

With that said, I'm leaning towards the Tahitians in the first pic too - with their more greenish-blue overtone.

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I'm going to place the order for the first pair today! Out of the three pairs the colors in the first pair really stood out to me! I'll try to post pics when I receive them.

Katbadness and Icy_Jade I just purchased those from Perlinda on Etsy (Indoseapearls) and should be receiving them hopefully today. I'm super excited to see them! They are slightly off round at 10 x 10.3mm, medium to deep gold, AA+/AAA luster, and AA+/AAA surface. At first I was a little worried that they would look off round but then I read that the cutoff for classifying them as "round" is a deviation of 2% which in this case would have been 10 x 10.2. So not to far off from mine. Here are the pictures that she sent me of the pearls!

icm_16.jpg

icm_17.jpg

icm_18.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Like everyone, my vote is for the first pair. The overtones r stronger and with black hair, light pearls will stand out.

LtypeI

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Late to the game here, but I'd go with the first pair, too. Though they're all beautiful! I love how much more colorful the first pair is. They'll stand out beautifully against your dark hair.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
You are so welcome =) I am glad you like my pics and you could see why they were chosen for you. Enjoy your new beauties.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results