shape
carat
color
clarity

stock 5-stone setting, or inexpensive options?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I'm so excited about the chrysoberyls coming that I have started thinking about settings. But my ER is going to be in unplated wg, which might mean the WB is (or wg at most, since I don't look nice with RG) so ideally I would get a unplated wg 5-stone setting. but.. I think it might be more than I want to pay at the moment.

So I'm looking at stock settings, or possibly even making it in silver. which option do you like best? I like the trellis five-stone, or the u-settings - but looking at how WF's trellis setting is in the 4digit ballpark.. that's really out of the question.

Or what would you recommend for an inexpensive solution? I've actually been looking at vintage bands and love the way they look - but chinese people are pretty superstitious about wearing jewelry that was owned by others (I'm not really superstitious but when it comes to marriage and these symbolic things I try to be), so I think that wouldn't work as an option. TIA!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What budget did you have in mind?

You can see if Stuller or Adwar have anything that fits the bill, I don't
Stuller at least has quite a few stock 5 stone options, they aren't trellis like WF, but I bet they aren't priced as high either!!
http://www.stuller.com/products/120233/?groupId=4073

Alternatively, you could get CADs and quotes for a trellis from someone like Daniel M and have it made in silver first, and then go back and get the gold rendition if you really like it and when you have the budget.

For what it's worth, my recent custom project was a 5 stone trellis, and I worked with a local jeweler who was able to do it for less than 4 figures, so it might be worth asking local talent as well.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
There's an Ebay store called Liebcor, and another called Jamminggems--I'd check those two out. They will usually also set stones for you for a very inexpensive price, but I honestly don't know if their bench is "good" or "bad." If the gems are fairly replaceable, I'd send them in. I think it would be amongst one of the cheapest options.

Next, I strongly recommend looking on Etsy. Yvonne Raley and OneGarnetGirl both have five stones listed; I'm not sure if they will work with outside gems, but Chrysoberyl is very tough and if you are willing to take on responsibility for a damaged stone, maybe they would be willing to work with your stones.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I had LOGR make me a five stone trellis setting in white gold a couple of years ago. It was under $500 and they did a great job.
Email them some pics and ask for a quote. Can't hurt.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Stuller settings are pretty reasonable and come unplated when my jeweler orders white gold. He only plates it if I ask him to so I assume that's standard? Also, I want to add that I know there are details that make the handcrafted rings evermore special than stock... BUT I usually go with Stuller anyway and have never had a problem with the way things turned out. I think their stuff is quite nice! If you happened to live near Tampa I'd suggest the guy who made my last two custom settings in white gold- one for $400 and one for $550. But that would be an incredible coincidence so I'm sure you don't. Good luck!

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Quality Gold is another vendor that has a lot of options. Rio Grande has some settings but they have really come down in options as well. Stullers new site has a lot of options, I would also just chat with them and see if a vendor in your area has Counter Sketch Studio, they can custom create a 5 stone at a pretty reasonable price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results