clarity

fancy 1+ carat pink diamond with gia

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ohlala|1383118326|3547307 said:
kenny|1383114128|3547289 said:
Congratulations.
I can't wait to see it and how you set it.

thanks!

my problem is i'm not sure how to set it :oops: :lol:

We share that problem.
I bought a diamond last month and can't decide how to set it.

First-world problem, as they say.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Do you have anything with rose gold? The best way to tell how it would look is to try it -- put your diamond next to it or on it. I had the same thought you did, that it might bring out the brown, but you won't know for sure until you try. Anybody else have experience with this?

Congratulations on finding your diamond! We'd love to see some photos of it. Might help us give you ideas. Exciting project for you!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it is best to try your stone out on an actual rose gold setting to see whether the colour combination will play up the pink or make it look browner. Sounds like the perfect excuse to visit several jewellery stores. :bigsmile:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
setting a brown pink diamond can be challenging... you'll never know which tone stands out after setting it with the different gold color and melee color combinations...

here's how i set my brown pink diamond... split shank halo in icy melee and plat...

fbpring02.jpg

ohlala

Rough_Rock
acebruin|1383169081|3547765 said:
setting a brown pink diamond can be challenging... you'll never know which tone stands out after setting it with the different gold color and melee color combinations...

here's how i set my brown pink diamond... split shank halo in icy melee and plat...

fbpring02.jpg

that's beautiful :love: ! thanks for showing it!

so, you used silver? not yellow or rose gold, right? did you hold the stone next to rose gold as comparison? i am 100% certain that i won't use pink melee's as that will make my diamond look more brown. i was thinking of green melee's as it seems to bring out the pink (from what i see of pictures)...only thing is find a bunch of small green melees :(sad

have you noticed that the color shifts in different lighting? i've noticed that in my room, it looks very pink and at the office it looks more brown. i've noticed this with some of my other FCD (ok...in my search for a pink, i accidently bought more than just one color... :oops: )...though, the more saturated/dark the color, the less it seems to happen.

i didn't notice this before...but i suspect that i am slightly colorblind too :knockout:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, AceB used platinum which is a silvery or white coloured metal.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
before setting it, we put the stone next to pink melees and it appeared more brownish... the melees were light pink to pink diamonds... so we decided to not go with rose gold as well...

so we decided to go with platinum with white melees... we also put the stone next to white melees...

yea the color changes a little from different lighting... if the stone has fluorescence that might also cause the color to shift from inside to outside in the sun...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results