clarity

Largest Paraiba Tourmaline

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1383146823|3547486 said:
TL|1383141189|3547417 said:
Chrono|1383140742|3547408 said:
The workmanship doesn't look particularly fine up close? Some parts of it look a bit lumpy. Still, I can tell this necklace took a lot of time and work to complete since there are so many different elements to it.

When an artist is trying to do organic work in a piece of jewelry, they have to be supremely talented, because organic details are extremely difficult to execute in metal, and look natural. Otherwise, it can look cartoonish, or tacky.

For example, Elizabeth Taylor's VCA daisy collar is organic done right.

TL: I love when you go all "Liz Taylor" on us - keep it up! :cheeky:

Glad you liked it.

The workmanship isn't the best on that piece, which is unfortunate. It really deserves a more elegant, and better executed necklace to hold the stone. Even the huge yellow diamond "disappears" in there with all the "sea life."

I remember when they redid the Hope Diamond necklace for its anniversary at the Smithsonian. Even that was well executed, although very blingy. I don't think the necklace was very distracting though and took away from the Hope.

hope-diamond_gree_20101118121935_640_480.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL|1383172135|3547797 said:
The workmanship doesn't look particularly fine up close? Some parts of it look a bit lumpy. Still, I can tell this necklace took a lot of time and work to complete since there are so many different elements to it.

When an artist is trying to do organic work in a piece of jewelry, they have to be supremely talented, because organic details are extremely difficult to execute in metal, and look natural. Otherwise, it can look cartoonish, or tacky.

Glad you liked it.

The workmanship isn't the best on that piece, which is unfortunate. It really deserves a more elegant, and better executed necklace to hold the stone. Even the huge yellow diamond "disappears" in there with all the "sea life."

I remember when they redid the Hope Diamond necklace for its anniversary at the Smithsonian. Even that was well executed, although very blingy. I don't think the necklace was very distracting though and took away from the Hope.
Right?! Who purposefully loses a 10ct yellow diamond in a design?! Your eye slides right over it. Mine did! And I had read the damn description about how it represents the yellow sand, and the paraiba the ocean water!

And yet, I somehow still missed it...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1383172924|3547802 said:
TL|1383172135|3547797 said:

Glad you liked it.

Right?! Who purposefully loses a 10ct yellow diamond in a design?! Your eye slides right over it. Mine did! And I had read the damn description about how it represents the yellow sand, and the paraiba the ocean water!

And yet, I somehow still missed it...

Completely agree

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1383169057|3547764 said:
I think this lady would love it!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Queen_of_Versailles

https://www.google.com/search?q=que...ecyQHFi4DYCw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=650

https://www.google.com/search?q=que...ailles home&revid=251125501&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

I think I read somewhere that it's going to be kept at a store in Florida, and being that Jackie Siegel is in Florida, maybe she was the intended wearer! :wink2:

Brilliant, Freke! It looks to be exactly in keeping with her lifestyle and taste (or lack thereof). :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results