shape
carat
color
clarity

please help with my first CAD

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I also looked at pears, but the trillions gave more oomph and also represent delta (her sorority). The tsavs have already been purchased, so that can't be changed.

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
+1 on what LD said. I like the new cads! As a KD alum I totally love the idea and this design is beautiful!!
What a lucky girl she is!!! This will be such a wonderful gift and something she will treasure!

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks missymoo. Maybe I can get it perfect and everyone will want to buy my design as an official KD ring. Hahaha. Always looking for an angle.

I'll email Dan and ask for some tweaks. Then ... I'll be baaacccckkk!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a picture of a bezeled round center stone, and trillions set in prongs? I think I've seen this before, and it helped emphasize the center stone, and take away the sharpness of the trillions.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't Preg but that's a good idea.

You asked what I meant about the pearl being more oval? Normally the more round the pearl is, the more valuable BUT you can buy some beautiful pearls that are not as round but more oval. I would buy one of those and then set it N/S - see below. This would give you longer sides that meet the trilliant setting. The central pearl would then be slighting larger than the setting. This would give it a very aesthetic look. You can see in the diagrams below I have used exactly the same side trilliants but the effect is very different.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ring_for_pricescope7.bmp
    498.6 KB · Views: 102

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
I really like that LD! Thanks. I am worthless with trying to draw or computerize/photoshop ... all that. I appreciate it! I emailed Dan this morning, but I will send this too if you don't mind to illustrate what I meant when I said a larger or different sized pearl.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results