shape
carat
color
clarity

birthday pink touramline ring wanted, need help!

mani5ha

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

It's my 30th birthday today and my parents have suggested buying me a little gift, I was all for going to the jewellery store and purchasing one until I got there and i liked an Effy ruby ring for £900... thats when I realised if they wanted to spend so much money I should really do a bit more research into it, perhaps I can find something better?

I have been snooping around on the boards and am keen on pink tourmaline! I have read in some places that it is the october birthstone (although i thought it was opal, i am not keen on opal!).

I was trying to find the preferred list of vendors for coloured stones but couldn't, so I wanted to know what you guys would recommend? I have been looking on ebay and have seen some gorgeous rings from LOGR, but am not sure on the quality etc.

I would prefer that I loved the setting and had a pretty coloured deep pink stone, I am not hugely fussy on the stone as long as it looked a beautiful colour and I love the setting. I really like the delicate halo type settings that Leon Mege creates so any suppliers you know that provide that kind of setting at a more affordable price, please let me know! Also, if anyone has come across anything similar to what I describe please also let me know!!!

Here is one for starters that I think these are very pretty, are they good buys?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-1-45ct-Pink-Tourmaline-21ctw-VS-H-Diamonds-10k-White-Gold-Wedding-Ring-/251323128885?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3a84069c35

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7x9mm-Pink-Tourmaline-Real-10K-White-Gold-32ct-Diamonds-Engagement-Wedding-Ring-/271270261384?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item3f28f7b288

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-12ct-Pear-Pink-Tourmaline-32ct-VS-H-Diamonds-14k-White-Gold-Engagement-Ring-/271265040920?pt=US_Fine_Rings&hash=item3f28a80a18

help appreciated!!! thanks so much in advance

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy settings from LOGR but shy away from their stones. The pictures look enhanced to me. Setting wise, I would make sure the stones are VS/VVS quality, if not, I would request the upgrade for cleaner melees lest you end up with carbon specks. The thing to watch out with pink tourmalines is their shifting. Most tend to shift to a muddy brownish colour indoors.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Two of the listings have stock pictures, which can be misleading.

Considering your budget, I would go to precision cutters and find a stunning gem. Then, look for a setting for it. You will end up with better results.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I bought a tourmaline from gemfix.com after telling them what I was looking for and I was thrilled with it. They have some nice ones!

mani5ha

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thankyou! I know i'd get a better result if I bought a setting and then a stone - so will look into that. I actually have a setting I designed myself from whiteflash that I love with a CZ inside it thats just waiting for a pretty coloured stone! I may dig that out :) hopefully you guys will be able to help me pick a stunner! x

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results