i'm new in this forum and i'm very sorry for my english :(( :(( :((
but i need you help
please your opinion about this aqua ring
thank you

il_570xn_26.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Michela and welcome to the forum. I am not sure the purpose of your question. Is this ring already purchased or is it something you intend to purchase or is it a family ring? Are you looking for assistance in evaluating the workmanship and quality or are just sharing your joy in your ring?

Since your title had "help" in it, I presume you need advice in whether the purchase of the ring is advisable?
1. Is the ring local to you where you can see it / try it on, or is this an online purchase?
2. Does the vendor have a good return / refund policy?
3. What is the carat weight of the aquamarine and mm size?
4. What metal is the setting?
5. Do you like this colour?

michela

Rough_Rock
first of all: thank you very much for your reply.

I found it on online purchase
and the vendor has a very good return

I like the color

about the stone:
Gemstone: Natural AA Aquamarine.
Treatments: None
Color: As shown, a very nice light blue. No green tones.
Clarity: VS-Si
Measures: 8mm
Weight: 1.30 to 1.35 carats..
Cut: Round
Origin: Brazil

The metal is 14 KT Rose gold

I don't know very much about 14KT gold because i'm italian and we use mostly 18 kt gold

michela

Rough_Rock
more photos

il_570xn_28.jpg

il_570xn_27.jpg

michela

Rough_Rock
here is my wedding set
i would use aqua sometimes instead of my ering

foto__14_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So there is no re-stocking fee and the vendor offers a 100% refund no questions asked? I noticed the vendor listed the clarity as vs/si which hints that it might not be eye clean. You might want to follow up with the vendor to find out if the aquamarine is eye clean from 6 inches away. As for gold, the US standard tends to be 14k yellow gold but some like 14k rose gold. Since it isn't common in Italy, I don't know if it will be more challenging to find a goldsmith who can do regular maintenance on it (resizing or retipping). Polishing and prong tightening should not be an issue. I have not heard of 14k rose gold jewellery issues here in the US.

Two main things to think about:
1. One picture hints to me that the aquamarine has a very low crown (almost completely flat). Since aquamarine has a low refractive index, I worry you will see a fairly large tilt window in the stone. There is also no top down view, so I do not know whether the stone has a true window.

2. Aquamarine isn't an everyday ring stone and tends to chip easily at the girdle and facet junctions for those who have active hands. If this is an occasional wear ring (it sounds like it is since you will still be wearing your e-ring more often), I think an aquamarine is a reasonable option.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
If you like the color of the stone, I would ask for a picture straight on as Chrono suggested.

michela

Rough_Rock
thank you
i'm wrinting the vendor asking for more info ed images following your suggestion

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly looks well constructed and not flimsy as some pre-made rings are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results