shape
carat
color
clarity

Help please! Anyone used this interior paint color?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is exciting! We just picked out some granite for countertops. I'm excited but nervous until I see it all here and set. You never know until it's finished if you're going to be truly happy or not!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1380382138|3528845 said:
That is exciting! We just picked out some granite for countertops. I'm excited but nervous until I see it all here and set. You never know until it's finished if you're going to be truly happy or not!
Tis!

I hope your counter is everything you want it to be! ::) Be sure to let us know... (And I hope you didn't think I was logged in this whole time and was ignoring your post, I thought I had logged out!!)

I am going to start another thread that I hope will prove helpful not only to me but to others.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries - I stay logged in most of the time but am not always 'here'!

Good luck with your remodel and painting projects!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For the few who might be interested, the livingroom got its second coat today. The jury is in. The verdicted has been reached.

I LOVE IT!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

It is exactly what I wanted. They look exactly like they should. The Restrained Gold is marvelous. It's rich, soft, warm, carmelicious beautimosity. <----- Is that a word!? :bigsmile: Seriously, it's gorgeous. No wonder it is so popular, something I did not know til after I picked it. And, it looks even better than it did on the test sheet. (and this is a cloudy, overcast day to boot!) You truly can't get a real read on a color til it's up there on all the walls.

And the blue? Sheer, soft oceanic lovliness. It's bliss. And it's going to be a beautiful backdrop to the chair. ::)

I have to wait til the 28th and 29th for carpet and furniture to be installed/delivered, but things are looking good so far. :love:

:wavey:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit: Nevermind! I thought there was a photo! silly me!

I'm so happy you love your new paint!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
House Cat|1381958529|3539024 said:
Edit: Nevermind! I thought there was a photo! silly me!

I'm so happy you love your new paint!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
No, not yet. If I post one (I haven't tried on PS2 so not sure I even can), it will be when everything is in place so it all works together. But thank you! :))

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is the new top on yet? Do you love it if so??

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen|1381966145|3539097 said:
Is the new top on yet? Do you love it if so??

First, let me say woo-hoo to your paint! So glad that you like it and that it is everything you hoped it would be! Isn't that a great feeling? There is something about freshly painted walls that reminds you of fresh, clean laundry - just clean and wonderful!!

As for the countertop, it is to be installed this Friday. I have two rather large countertops and two little samples. I have tried with all my might to imagine the large looking like the small and my thinker is thunk out! It truly makes me very nervous but I try to remember how and why we made the choice we made. Hopefully, it will be eye appealing to me - I'll keep you posted!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you miss, and yes, new paint does feel good! ::)

I will share a story I read online (on another forum). A woman was posting about her daughters new granite counter top. It was not what they imagined, it was horrible. She felt so bad for her daughter, there wasn't anything she could do to make it better. What was she going to do...

Someone asked her to post a picture of it, so she did. You know what? There was nothing wrong with it, at all. :bigsmile: It was just a whole lot more of what she originally loved. So don't sweat it if your initial reaction is not love at first site. It's most likely just going to take a small adjustment period, kinda like my chocolate milk bedroom..... :lol: ;))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and I hope it will be pleasing to my eye as well. I have a tile backsplash to match so choices were somewhat limited. The salesperson, hubby and I felt that this was the best choice. My current countertop is light and this will be considerably darker. I think I will like the contrast but it will be DIFFERENT and you know how change can be! Fingers and toes crossed - I'll let you know!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fingies and toes are crossed as well. I would cross my eyes, but then I couldn't read your posts about how much you love your new counter. ;))

Can't wait!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you are happy with your paint, Ellen!!! It is a great feeling to have freshly painted rooms!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok Miss G, must I send out the search party??!

I don't know what the last 5 days have been like for you, but the painters have prit near driven me mad. Mad I tells ya! :lol: :roll:

Do check in, k?

Thanks DS. :wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, yeah I'm here! The granite is wonderful - so very pleased! I will try to get some pics going soon. When they removed the old countertop, I could hear the nails and wood chips falling. OK, I knew there would be some mess. THEN - oh my! I had a tile backsplash and it ended up needing to be trimmed off about 1/8 of an inch. The fellows produced an electric SAW and started sawing away - sparks and all! Soon, the entire downstairs of my house was filled - filled I tell ya - with smoke and dust. I was mortified! That was Friday evening and the plumber couldn't come to hook up the new sink and faucet until Sunday morning! Imagine a very OCD person with no sink and running water! We did the bathroom down here too so no bathroom sink! I was lugging water buckets from the shower to start cleaning. Anyhoo, by Sunday morning when I finally had running water = never take this for granted I tell you! - I had to take everything apart - all cabinets, china cabinet, light fixtures, windows - you name it. Needless to say I've been a very busy girl. The dust wasn't as bad as I had feared but having seen all of that swirling around in here, my OCD would let me leave nothing unwashed! I have washed every dish, glass, Tupperware, casserole dish, pot and pan that I own as well. The sad part was that I had pretty recently done all of this but what the hay - I did it all again over three days!

Having said all of that - and the decision to replace was based on a super glue accident on the countertop - that was another story - I would do this again in a heartbeat! My consolation during the cleaning frenzy was to run my hands over the smooth, cool stone that is granite. I love it - the feel, the look, the richness of it. Nothing is ever easy in my house it seems but the end result was worth the toil on my poor body. I took some aspirin before work on Monday - had no ibuprofen in the house - and then drank a cup of really strong coffee. I'll leave the rest of that story to your imagination but that was another 24 hours of cleaning out other stuff in the house! Nothing easy I tell you!!

So glad the painters are making progress at your place. Hope you are not left pulling out your hair with a bottle of Mr. Clean (my hero!) LOL!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1382526856|3542824 said:
Yeah, yeah I'm here! The granite is wonderful - so very pleased! I will try to get some pics going soon. When they removed the old countertop, I could hear the nails and wood chips falling. OK, I knew there would be some mess. THEN - oh my! I had a tile backsplash and it ended up needing to be trimmed off about 1/8 of an inch. The fellows produced an electric SAW and started sawing away - sparks and all! Soon, the entire downstairs of my house was filled - filled I tell ya - with smoke and dust. I was mortified! That was Friday evening and the plumber couldn't come to hook up the new sink and faucet until Sunday morning! Imagine a very OCD person with no sink and running water! We did the bathroom down here too so no bathroom sink! I was lugging water buckets from the shower to start cleaning. Anyhoo, by Sunday morning when I finally had running water = never take this for granted I tell you! - I had to take everything apart - all cabinets, china cabinet, light fixtures, windows - you name it. Needless to say I've been a very busy girl. The dust wasn't as bad as I had feared but having seen all of that swirling around in here, my OCD would let me leave nothing unwashed! I have washed every dish, glass, Tupperware, casserole dish, pot and pan that I own as well. The sad part was that I had pretty recently done all of this but what the hay - I did it all again over three days!

Having said all of that - and the decision to replace was based on a super glue accident on the countertop - that was another story - I would do this again in a heartbeat! My consolation during the cleaning frenzy was to run my hands over the smooth, cool stone that is granite. I love it - the feel, the look, the richness of it. Nothing is ever easy in my house it seems but the end result was worth the toil on my poor body. I took some aspirin before work on Monday - had no ibuprofen in the house - and then drank a cup of really strong coffee. I'll leave the rest of that story to your imagination but that was another 24 hours of cleaning out other stuff in the house! Nothing easy I tell you!!
So glad the painters are making progress at your place. Hope you are not left pulling out your hair with a bottle of Mr. Clean (my hero!) LOL!
:lol: :lol: Your house sounds like my house. Does my heart good it does.... :bigsmile: ;))

And I am SOOOOOO glad you love your counter. I can just feel it, it IS yummy stuff! Yay!! :appl: :appl: :appl: And yes, pics are in order, but I will let you off the hook with some kind of timeline. You've been through enough. lol (I do want to hear the glue story sometime as well!)

The painters are wrapping up today. Good thing, they were on the verge of making me act less than proper. Only 3 lamps/shades messed up, coulda been way worse. Right? Talk about a test.... I think I passed. *sigh* And, I can hardly wait to do the kitchen. :|

Will watch for pics!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here's a picture of the kitchen working area. Not a great picture and unfortunately, not taken in daylight. Hopefully it gives you a bit of an idea though. I love the richness of this granite - all worries are now gone!

photo__1_30.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the adjoining morning room. Wish the camera would let me capture the whole room at once but it's too wide. This is the 14' long section that matches the kitchen. I am very happy with the outcome even though I probably lost several hours sleep over this project!

_11318.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures give such a 'brown' look - course there is brown there but IRL you don't get such an overall brown feel - this is the color of the granite. It has some green as well so it doesn't look so brown!

baltic_brown.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, it looks reeaaallly nice Miss! Rich indeed. :appl: I can just feel the cold, sleek, smoothness. *sigh*

And I have never heard of a morning room. Is it like a work area? I am presuming so.... Looks great, wish I had something like that.

I really am so glad you love it all. Sorry it was such an ordeal getting there, but yer place is clean, that's for sure! :bigsmile:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much - we are just really pleased with the granite. OCD is one of those terrible things that just works you to death to keep your house clean - much the same energy that goes into keeping diamonds pristine! I guess when I get too old and feeble to clean it the way I want to I'll just go crazy and wind up in the looney bin - lol! I'll be the old lady in the corner with a rag perpetually in my hand!

The morning room is just an adjoining room to the kitchen. On the other side of the counter in the kitchen is the kitchen table area and the room begins just beyond the table. I guess it's called that because you can sit and relax in the morning as opposed to sitting in the family room or living room. It has skylights so it's brighter in the morning than the rest of the house. We have our computers there and 'my' television is in that room too. On the other side of the room is a leather loveseat and ottoman for relaxing or watching tv. If we are watching different shows, hubby usually watches in the family room as I have claimed this one for mine! I spend more browsing time on the computer than he does so It works well for us.

I hope your painting project is moving along well and that you are enjoying your new look too! Did you make any decisions about the kitchen redo?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, don't say that about going crazy. You'll be fine. ;))

*whining* I want a morning room! Sounds lovely, really. I do want one. Wonder which wall I could knock down to make room for it..... :bigsmile:

Painting is all done, I think. I touched up two areas yesterday in my room they missed. I didn't feel like calling them back, again, after they missed the attic fan.... Yeah, the painters are going to become a whole other thread when I get time. :nono:

We have moved just about everything in the house out of the way for the carpet people. They will come in the morning and apparently get the whole house done in one day. Furniture comes Tues. AM. Please pray the forcasted rain holds off on Tues. til afterwards. Hubs and I got all the mini blinds put up and the curtain rods in our room done. Still gotta do livingroom. Then I don't even know what I'm doing with other 2 bedrooms. It's gonna look so nice when it's all done. I am cited! ::)

Have you rolled any piecrust out on your counter yet?? :bigsmile:

p.s. What is that in your backsplash, I can't make it out.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I'll be fine in a straight jacket - lol!!

Sounds like you've made great progress with the painting! I am sure you are excited. New carpet and new furniture - woo hoo! I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer for the rain - doesn't Mother Nature know that she's hampering inside beauty????? All those new smells will be divine - nothing like new! You'll be all decorated just in time for the holidays! :appl:

Share your painters story and I'll share the superglue story - the things that make up our lives! For me I guess it was a silver lining to a storm cloud though but at the time. . . .lol!

The backsplash is ceramic with a few Irish rose pieces interlaced in it. We've had it for quite awhile and didn't want to rip down the walls and start over with something new - I spent enough! No, I haven't rolled out piecrust but I do love the sound of sitting down a glass on the granite. Funny the things that turn us on in our old age! That polished rock is to the cabinets what a nice diamond is to the hand - I love all these beauties that nature has provided us (well, with a little help from human hands!)

The morning room has been a wonderful space for us. We can sit up tables and chairs and feed many here but we also use this space everyday. I could almost forego my dining room in lieu of this if I had to choose between the two. Company always seems to gravitate toward the kitchen no matter how much other space or rooms you have so it has been a blessing to us.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it will all be so nice when it is done..... I am not sure when that will be though since they laid the livingroom carpet and broke for lunch. My job was to vacume it real good so it would be ready for them to put things back. Except, as I was vacuming it by the length of the room and not the width, I noticed a pattern starting to appear. Long story short, pretty sure it's a bad lot. I called the store and told them what I saw and she said "oh dear". That's not good, yanno? lol Soooo, the guys got back, called the store and got the answering machine. *insert irritation, well, more* They are putting in the bedrooms, and they'll leave this til the new comes. And the furniture was coming tomorrow, guess it still is. Except there's rain forecast for the next 3 days. :| Where's that emotie where she's pulling her hair out?!

I love the backsplash, glad you didn't replace it. ::) And I love your loving the sound of the glass hitting the granite. Yes, it's the little things!

Ok, I'm going to go do something, not sure what, but something. I'll check in later.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, poo on the new carpet! It's so disappointing when things don't get done the way they are supposed to! :((

I was definitely in the wrong line when they were handing out patience - I get really annoyed too even though I'm sure these things are as much a pain to the company as they are to the customer but still. . .

I hope they get replacement stuff for you very quickly! New furniture usually comes wrapped in plastic so hopefully rain won't pose too much of a problem. I'm sure they deliver all the time so of course they run into rainy days - let's assume they know what to do!

Even though the carpet was a bust, what did you think of the color of it for the time it spent on the floor? Did it look wonderful with the new paint?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your new granite, MGR! It looks like what I'd pick had I been able to pick, but alas, we bought a new house that already had those things done. But I have enjoyed the granite, too!

Hope your project will soon be completed, too, Ellen!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't sleep so here I am.

The mill has carpet they can send now, but my carpet store wants them to visually inspect it so this doesn't happen again. So she said probably Friday it would be here, but I doubt it gets done that day. I'm counting on the beginning of the week. If it gets done sooner, terrffic.

As for the furniture, no, they said they take it out of the plastic the day before to inspect it (I wonder, why not sooner in case something's wrong?) so it will be out of its cover. They said they'd have a blanket over it. Part of my concern is it is to be cleaned with a solvent only, so I don't want possible water stains. At this point it's all moot, I'm going to tell them to just hold it. They are good size pieces, and the hall they'd have to go down, and into an empty bedroom (for removal/installion of new carpet) is sorta tight. The carpet guys already scraped up every room either on walls and/or woodwork. I've had enough and want to avoid all I can at this point. What's a week without furniture?

As for what I thought, it's still down til the new comes. It's an adjustment. It's the polor opposite of what was on the floor. It's growing on me, but it's just so different, and it needs the furniture and curtains and rods to tie it all together. Of course all that will have to wait, as I have 3 different shades of curtains that need to be held against the furniture to decide. What's another week without window coverings, right?

After thinking on all this this afternoon, it's ok. No I don't like it, yes it's dissapointing and a hassle. But in the big scheme of things, it could all be so much worse. There's a thing (or two) in here to be learned, I just need to figure out what they are. I'm preeetttty sure patience is one. ::)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In all honesty, it's patience AND gratitude. It's so easy to get caught up in the angst of it all and believe me - I can feel the angst quickly! :angryfire: However, in the midst of those kinds of things - and believe me when I tell you I've had my fair share - it is wise to step back, take a deep breath and realize that we should be grateful for having the opportunity to have new things and realize that in two months when it is all done, the minute to minute frustrations of getting there fall away quickly. I know it's easier said than done but clearly you are on the right track. There is so much that is simply out of our control and I think it's the trying to control it all that puts us in a bind. We choose new things and are unsure of our choices so we want it all completed ASAP to put our minds at ease. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason AND the way they are meant to be. There are people in my life that tell me that's a cop out but it's what I believe and I try to have faith in that belief.

Since you are on hold, maybe you can take a day this week and get out of the house and put your mind to something else. Treat yourself to lunch or a new sweater. Sometimes spinning on the same dime makes you crazy so a change of scenery is a good thing!

Here's hoping for carpet with no defect, paint touched up after it is laid and a complete look that makes you say, "Ah, it was all worth it!" Hugs my friend - hang in there!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1383043681|3546652 said:
In all honesty, it's patience AND gratitude. It's so easy to get caught up in the angst of it all and believe me - I can feel the angst quickly! :angryfire: However, in the midst of those kinds of things - and believe me when I tell you I've had my fair share - it is wise to step back, take a deep breath and realize that we should be grateful for having the opportunity to have new things and realize that in two months when it is all done, the minute to minute frustrations of getting there fall away quickly. I know it's easier said than done but clearly you are on the right track. There is so much that is simply out of our control and I think it's the trying to control it all that puts us in a bind. We choose new things and are unsure of our choices so we want it all completed ASAP to put our minds at ease. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason AND the way they are meant to be. There are people in my life that tell me that's a cop out but it's what I believe and I try to have faith in that belief.

Since you are on hold, maybe you can take a day this week and get out of the house and put your mind to something else. Treat yourself to lunch or a new sweater. Sometimes spinning on the same dime makes you crazy so a change of scenery is a good thing!

Here's hoping for carpet with no defect, paint touched up after it is laid and a complete look that makes you say, "Ah, it was all worth it!" Hugs my friend - hang in there!!!
This. And I usually am quick to consider this. Not sure I did yesterday, and if I did, it was not heartfelt as it should be. Thank you for the words of wisdom and the gentle reminder, perfect. ;)) (and that's not a cop out about believing everything happening for a reason and as it should, it absolutely does)

I think a lot of this stems from the painters and that whole episode, most of which I haven't posted. The joy and happiness I wanted to feel has been robbed from the get go. But as you so eloquently pointed out, I need to focus on all the good. Period. So, until this is all a distant memory I can laugh at ( :| ) here's the good notes!

I LOVE the color of my bedroom, it's better than a glass of chocolate milk, it's a cup of cocoa. :lickout: And I will put my billowy white panels up today on my brushed nickle rods with glass doorknob ends. That part reminds me of my gramma's house which was old and just beautiful. The rods go with the new ceiling fan which has brushed nickle accents and base, and a couple knickle lamps. I also really like the carpet and hubby loves it (and he rarely loves anything). And we both love the new mattress, it's like climbing up/onto a small foothill. I got in last night to sit, pulled up the covers, turned and had to look down at my nightstand. :lol: I may need a new one....

I love the colors of the other bedrooms and the carpet which is same design as mine but a couple shades darker. And of course I love the colors of the livingroom, and the carpet is growing readily.

And you have a point about doing something or buying something. Maybe I'll take my mom up on her offer to take me to lunch.

Thanks again friend, I really appreciate your post.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1383014839|3546523 said:
Hope your project will soon be completed, too, Ellen!
Forgot to say thank you friend!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, I can't wait to see pics of the finished project! Did you happen to taken an "before" or "progress" photos along the way? Those are always interesting, and good to look back on to see how far you've come!

MGR, your granite is marvelous, and I just LOVE the morning room! Now *I* want a morning room! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results