shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1ct Stud is down the shower drain!!!

ps_stone

Rough_Rock
Hi all - I have the friction back type of earring and while washing my hair it got pulled off and went down the shower drain on the second floor. I tried to use the wet vac but was not able to suck much water out of the P trap or the earring.
Any one was successful get their jewelry back??? What else can I do??? Calling a Plumber???!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry this happened. ;(
It's pretty easy to remove the trap yourself, which is where the earring hopefully is 'trapped'.

Get a large pipe wrench from Home Depot; they are under $10.
Put a large pale under the sink to catch the small amount of water that is going to fall down.
Loosen the nuts on both sides of the U-shapped trap under the sink and slowly lower it.

If the earring is not in the trap there is some chance it is in the horizontal pipe going into the wall.
Look in there with a flashlight and carefully remove it being careful not to push it further in.
If it is not in the trap or that pipe going into the wall it's gone. :(sad

Youtube has a bunch of helpful videos.
Good luck!

If you decide to call a plumber watch him/her like a hawk!

Oh, and get a strainer for that drain so this doesn't happen again.

screen_shot_2013-10-27_at_12.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boyfriend the plumber said don't run ANY water in the house in case it's washed past the trap. Call a plumed ASAP. He may have to cut a hole in the ceiling to cut the trap out.

(His first answer was to use a shop vac to get see if you could get it out that way, but you've obviously done that.)

Good luck getting your earring back!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps, sorry.
I just now noticed it went down a shower drain, not a sink drain. :oops:
Duh!

Yup, I agree with Dee Jay; I'd also call a plumber.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yes, call plumber!!

DON'T FLUSH THE TOILETS! It may get trapped by the sewer cleanout, and if you flush it past there . . . :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results