carat
color
clarity

CS wishlist - please post yours

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1381842904|3537980 said:
I want this 34 carat pink diamond that recently fetched almost 40 million at auction. I can dream, can't I? :cheeky: :love:

OMG, I want I want!! :o :love: :love:

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
Phoenix|1381811492|3537880 said:
michellechan2211|1381739951|3537378 said:
Phoenix|1381675980|3536901 said:
michellechan2211|1381654513|3536797 said:
Did you happen to be at SIJE, phoenix? I saw some paribas there: There was the one which was gorgeous *_* Of course, whether or not I can afford it in my lifetime is a whole other issue... XD;

Hi Michelle, do you mean the one at MBS? I haven't been to it yet; am going tomorrow. Which stall? I'd love to see.. :twirl:

Terrible me failed to note the store, but it was very prominent, so there was no mistaking it =X

Still couldn't find it! :(sad

Are you going today?

Nopes, I stayed home. Essays to write. The woe of being a schooling student T_T

simurgh

Rough_Rock
Phoenix|1381840322|3537960 said:
So I went back to the show today, drooled and took some more pics :D .

I bought these: heated Burmese rubies at USD300 per ct. I bought 14 of approx. 0.30ct each. Will turn them into a bracelet, along with my twelve 0.125ct diamonds.

Eep! I've been looking for rubies like that - were they untreated other than the heat? Im not sure if this is ok to ask, but would you remember the name of the vendor? I'd love to know if you don't mind passing it along. Sorry for the thread jack - my wish list is a bit of a mess, mainly by I have no time to look. I was set on a ruby project for a bit, but couldn't find stones. The rest of my wish list at the moment - a pinky red 2 ish carat and a 3-4 carat grey emerald/flanders/asscher/cushion spinel.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
simurgh|1381983473|3539301 said:

I bought these: heated Burmese rubies at USD300 per ct. I bought 14 of approx. 0.30ct each. Will turn them into a bracelet, along with my twelve 0.125ct diamonds.

Eep! I've been looking for rubies like that - were they untreated other than the heat? Im not sure if this is ok to ask, but would you remember the name of the vendor? I'd love to know if you don't mind passing it along. Sorry for the thread jack - my wish list is a bit of a mess, mainly by I have no time to look. I was set on a ruby project for a bit, but couldn't find stones. The rest of my wish list at the moment - a pinky red 2 ish carat and a 3-4 carat grey emerald/flanders/asscher/cushion spinel.

Actually, I bought another parcel at a substantially lower price, from a different vendor. Am not sure why there's such a large price variance. Prob got ripped off by somebody! I shall investigate and get back to you. I'd rather be sure of them before letting you know vendors' details.

The ones I bought are heated but I also came across some unheated ones, also Burmese. The pricing is higher of course, but the quality is AMAZING. Would you rather have such a stone instead?

I will share details later...will revert...

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1382164786|3540532 said:
simurgh|1381983473|3539301 said:

Actually, I bought another parcel at a substantially lower price, from a different vendor. Am not sure why there's such a large price variance. Prob got ripped off by somebody! I shall investigate and get back to you. I'd rather be sure of them before letting you know vendors' details.

The ones I bought are heated but I also came across some unheated ones, also Burmese. The pricing is higher of course, but the quality is AMAZING. Would you rather have such a stone instead?

I will share details later...will revert...

I haven't had a chance to go to someone professional to look at the rubies, but I can tell you this since I've looked at them close-up at home a few times: the ones in the larger-sized lot are extremely uniform in terms of size/ diameter, hue etc...whereas the smaller ones are quite variable in terms of size, hue etc..I guess that should account for the majority of the price differential.

I could post an update or if you'd still like the 2 vendors' contact details once I've had a chance to have someone look at the rubies, just let me know.

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Hi Phoenix, I'd love the details if you're willing to share them, either as an update or more directly! :love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cm366|1382769516|3544920 said:
Hi Phoenix, I'd love the details if you're willing to share them, either as an update or more directly! :love:

Of course. I need to go look for the details of the vendor for the larger lot (who is based in Bangkok), but the vendor for the smaller lot is based in Singapore and his contact details are:

S.F. Abbas
Email: [email protected]
HP: +65 9021 4821

Just tell Abbas that you were referred by the woman who bought some small rubies and a pair of small cushion-shaped emeralds from him at Jewels Fest in Singapore last week.

Just also wanted to clarify: the larger stones are also more red, whereas the smaller ones are more pinky-red, like really deep fuchsia colour. Both are heated and the vendors claim they are Burmese but of course I don't know that for sure. The price of the larger lot is USD300 per carat, whereas the smaller lot costs SGD50 p.c. (exchange rate is 1 USD to 1.24 SGD approx.).

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Thanks very much! :appl: Do you happen to remember who had the unheated ones, as well? It's always good to find sources over on this side of the world...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ceylon pink sapphire has been listed on Wild Fish Gems for a while, and it is still my favourite:

http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/6910

As for that enormous pink diamond on auction recently, it is not for me, as the colour is too pale for my liking.

DK :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1382788013|3544961 said:
As for that enormous pink diamond on auction recently, it is not for me, as the colour is too pale for my liking.

DK,
You have to see pink diamonds in person, especially giant ones. They just glow. :love:

Photos never ever do them justice.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,

I have seen the Queen's Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch in person last year as part of the Diamonds exhibition at Buckingham Palace, arguably one of the finest pink diamond in existence, and came to the same conclusion that I prefer colours that are a lot more intense.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1382809254|3545103 said:
TL,

I have seen the Queen's Williamson Pink Diamond Brooch in person last year as part of the Diamonds exhibition at Buckingham Palace, arguably one of the finest pink diamond in existence, and came to the same conclusion that I prefer colours that are a lot more intense.

Fair enough. ;))

I'm jealous you got to see it though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1382809483|3545106 said:
dk168|1382809254|3545103 said:
TL,

Fair enough. ;))

I'm jealous you got to see it though.

It was definitely once in a life time opportunity, a feast to the eyes for lovers of jewellery, like the current Pearls exhibition in the V&A museum.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cm366|1382783014|3544941 said:
Thanks very much! :appl: Do you happen to remember who had the unheated ones, as well? It's always good to find sources over on this side of the world...

Oh, I didn't realise you were here as well.

The vendor is:

House of Fine Gems
Delfi Orchard, #02-08
Tel: 6235 0113

Ask for Kris Hoo. She's the owner. Again, just tell her you got the details from the woman who she met at Jewels Fest. I didn't buy anything from her but was eyeing the most amazing, most gorgeous 7ct emerald EC-shaped, which looks much much much better IRL (costs a cool SGD170k though :o ) and the lovely rubies she had on display at the time. Check out the pics below !:love: :love: :love: Note that the last pic was taken without flash, whereas the first few were with flash.

I seem to remember her telling me that melee rubies of around 30pt cost each about SGD500 p.c, but the single line bracelet shown is SGD20k. Not sure how her prices compute. :confused:

Her stones are absolutely TDF! :love: :love: Check out these cabochon emeralds also.

_11333.jpg

ruby_bracelet.jpg

emerald_cabochons.jpg

7ct_0.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cm366,

I just came across another vendor for emeralds in another thread, albeit one not based in SG. His seem sooo much better quality than Abbas's. So perhaps the latter's rubies are not great, but I guess at SGD435 for 41 melee stones, one can't expect too much. I feel stupid however having bought the emeralds from him - paid SGD1,500 for the 1.66ctw pair :knockout: .

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Phoenix, that's good to know - I love the look of those stones from Kris Hoo! I'm definitely not in the market for a 170k whopper, but it sounds breathtaking, and the melee sound like just my speed. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results