shape
carat
color
clarity

My Vietnamese Baroque Akoyas from PP

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with the picture that PP had on their blog recently of the very special Vietnamese Akoyas they brought back on their last trip. I think they were able to get around 20 of these beautiful baroque pearls. They are special for their incredible natural colors, luster and orient and for the larger size. Unfortunately, the farmer that produced these is no longer going to keep making them as they took too long and the death rate of the mollusks was too high. I am very fortunate that Hisano has let me have 2 of these very special pearls. Thank you soooo much, Hisano! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Although I know most people would have opted for the more vibrant colors- what can I say- I'm just a pastel kind of gal. =)

They are very difficult for me to get good pictures of, but they are breathtaking IRL. The first pearl is a bit more oblong and measures aprox 9mm x 11mm. It is a soft pistachio green with pink overtones and has a more ripple texture. I'm thinking of having this set as a pendant with the purplish pink natural diamond bezeled above it.

The second pearl is just spectacular. It is smooth with almost no blemishes and it's the most glorious blue/green shade with pink/lavender overtones and incredible luster. It measures 8mm x 9mm. I think I am going to put this in a ring so I can stare at it all day long!! :love:

I am also including the PP blog photo of the pearls.

09-20-13a-1.jpg

vietnamese_akoya_4.jpg

vietnamese_akoya_3.jpg

vietnamese_akoya_2.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
The Vietnamese akoyas have such beautiful orient. SO VERY TEMPTING.... Which ones do your two pearls correspond to on the PP blog photos?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What are you planning for them?

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
YC|1382589498|3543444 said:
The Vietnamese akoyas have such beautiful orient. SO VERY TEMPTING.... Which ones do your two pearls correspond to on the PP blog photos?

Good question- I've been trying to figure out that myself. When I called I asked about the one that is third down on the right hand side and the one next to it as I wanted pistachio green with pink overtones. The email I got from Hisano said she thought that the two she sent me pictures of were the two I asked about. I think the larger pearl is probably one of those two- but not the smaller one. It is more blue green than those two and much smoother- it is more blue than the photos in my first post. It looks most like the farthest one on the left side to me IRL.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am with you, these pearls are swoon worthy :love: :love: :love: The two you chose are spectacular :appl: :appl: :appl: Looking forward to seeing what you have done with them :geek:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel: They look wonderful. Pls keep us posted on your projects for these special pearls. :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The colour on those pearls is amazing and that pistachio :love: is beautiful ! It's going to be brilliant with that beautiful diamond ! Can't wait to see what you decide to do with them !!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Whatever you decide, they are gorge pearls

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results