shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you mix and match your CS jewelry?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I typically don't. I have a pair of diamond and a pair of pearl studs, a couple strands of pearls, and I typically wear a single CS ring.

Do you mix and match your CS gems? Do you only mix and match within a certain color suite? I'd especially love to hear from those that wear a CS e-ring, since I'm imagining that an e-ring would be a constant on most says.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I definitely do, although just with rings. All the earrings and necklaces I wear are white stones or black or white pearls that pretty much go with everything. The only colored stones I have are in rings, because I can't stand to put them where I can't see them all day.

My engagement ring is a diamond, but my newish spess ring looks pretty cool with my wedding band, and sometimes I wear that instead with another colored stone on my right hand. Today it was a spess and an amethyst. I thought purple and orange was a fun combo. :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
BUT... I am the one who is currently setting a red stone with pink sidetones, which many people would say is a no-no.

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
Let me answer with a run down of today's items:

Left hand ring finger: 5 stone diamond, plain wedding ring plus my tanzanite e-ring (all white gold)
Right hand ring finger: Mexican fire opal eternity plus my amethyst/spess ring, both yellow gold
Ears: blue topaz studs in yellow gold
Necklace: 10mm fancy cut lemon quartz in silver.

Not only am I mixing stones, I'm mixing metals too!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
today:
left hand orange spess e-ring with 2mm wedding band.
right hand:
chocolate moonstone set in silver on a finger next to....gasp....a finger on which i'm wearing an 18k yellow gold ring.......
around my neck:
18k red gold chain with silver sand dollar pendant.
opted for no earrings today as I wore my hair down.

on me I do not like the matchy-matchy look and go for the mix.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wyntery|1382409321|3542030 said:
Mexican fire opal eternity

fire... opal... eternity...???

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?!?!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I don't have enough money to have coordinating sets of every gemstone I want to wear. Plus sometimes I just want ALL THE COLORS.

Matching is overrated, anyway.

Wyntery

Shiny_Rock
Distracts I've been meaning to post photos, I'll try to add some to the Colored Stone Eternity Thread over in Diamond Ring Showcase Forum tomorrow.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow--I wish I knew you all in person so I could check out your jewelry ensembles! Hmmnn..most of my CS's are set into rings (I do it so I can look at them! Kelli, we definitely have that in common!) but its time I changed that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I occasionally match the stones but more often than not I don't because it feels too matchy if you kwim. Usually I am wearing diamonds and everything goes with diamonds so no problem there lol. It's when I wear colored stones that there is any question in my mind. (I also mix white and yellow metals occasionally too though so definitely not matching). But if I am wearing colored stones I usually will wear diamonds for the rest of my ensemble. Though I am not adverse to wearing different shades of a similar color such as aquamarine, sapphire and blue topaz for example.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like them not matching. I don't mix metals usually, but CS definitely. Ruby pinky ring right hand, diamond half-eternity pinky left hand, emerald & diamond eternity left ring finger + yg etoile-type wb & blue spinel or peach tourm e-ring. Earrings to go with whatever clothing I'm wearing -- sometimes pearls, aquamarine, amethyst, coral, or just gold hoops. If I'm dressing up & feel like it, a little gold lizard brooch w/emerald eyes, or my grandmother's amethyst, aquamarine & pearl brooch. Always my gold diamond-bezeled watch & for fancy, my fave piece I own, an estate 18k rose gold braided bracelet about an inch wide. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not wear matching pieces when going to work or for weekends but will wear a matching set (earrings, ring and pendant) for special occasions and dinners. I've been collecting for many years now so I have a red spinel, spessartite and amethyst suite. I've not taken the time to complete my green garnet / tsavorite and blue spinel suite.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mix and match! LH has star sapphire iolani ring and alexandrite baby lotus with my wedding band, all mixed metal. RH has cc garnet in yellow gold and e ring in white gold. Here are pics. Do you think it is too much? I love mixing gems!

20131022_122928.jpg

20131022_123353.jpg

20131022_123524.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1382443411|3542177 said:
I do not wear matching pieces when going to work or for weekends but will wear a matching set (earrings, ring and pendant) for special occasions and dinners. I've been collecting for many years now so I have a red spinel, spessartite and amethyst suite. I've not taken the time to complete my green garnet / tsavorite and blue spinel suite.

tsavorite suite is the only one I have! I really want a sapphire pendant so I'll have a sapphire suite. And I have all the stones for my pink spinel suite but haven't yet wanted to spend all the money it will take to set them. I sure do like looking at them all side by side in their gem jars though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a couple of multi-gem bracelets (one is a traditional charm bracelet, the other a Nomination bracelet) that I would wear one at a time with other bracelets or bangles with or without diamonds, usually with a black outfit.

Nowadays I limit to wearing diamonds, pearls (mainly white and black), and pink/red stones. I have 3 ruby rings, one is a small 3-stone heart with 2 RB diamond sides that I wear daily (sometimes with one of the multi-gem Nomination bracelet worn on the other wrist), a larger heart set in a diamond halo for occasional evening wear when more glamour is required, and my mother's oval cabochon in a diamond setting that no longer fit my finger (I shall have that enlarged so that I can wear it again as it is a very nice ring for evening wear).

However, I do like amethyst and other purple stones and may start a collection in future.

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, so many of you live on the wild side, for sure! This weekend I've been wearing one of my blue sapphire rings on my left hand and I feel all blinged out, lol, since I typically do not wear jewelry (except earrings).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1382826925|3545246 said:
Wow, so many of you live on the wild side, for sure! This weekend I've been wearing one of my blue sapphire rings on my left hand and I feel all blinged out, lol, since I typically do not wear jewelry (except earrings).

For someone who loves jewelry, I also do not wear very much of it! I wear studs daily, and one ring at a time. There was a time where I would wear one CS ring and one sterling silver ring from Tiffany's, but now I just wear the CS.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not wear rings on more than one finger on each hand, and usually just one ring on a finger.

I may get a cheapo stacker ring to wear with my EC which is bezel set on a plain band until I have the fund to have it re-set into a grander setting.

I do wear multiple bracelets/bangles (not with a watch), however, only one earring in each ear, plus a necklace or pendant.

I do not doll up very often, however, when I do, the blings come out.

My every day wear is a small EC and a small ruby heart 3-stone ring, plus a pair of stud earrings, no watch or bracelet/bangle.

DK :))

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No not really. I tend to wear either a diamond ring and CS ring or two CS rings of the same color gemstone. I didn't even know I did that until your post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results