shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique style ring - Diamond District

Jj512

Rough_Rock
Hello all, this is my very first post on pricescope.com. I just created my login because I have a few questions about looking for an engagement ring. Today I went with my gf to the DD in NYC. We only went to one store so far. We have learned the basic education needed such as the 4 c's, what style setting she wanted so on and so forth.

My question is I read under the Knowledge tab on this website where it describes Traps with Raps. I'm a little unsure on what that means. Can someone please provide some advice on this? The jeweler that we went to took down a few of our specifications on what we would like for my gf's engagement ring and he then said he would create a list of all the diamonds with their specs etc and email it to me with their pictures.

Also he didn't really get to ask us about what kind of diamond my gf and I were looking for. He just asked about what carat are we interested in. In the meantime do you suggest I research and look up purchasing a loose diamond online? If this helps at all, my budget is $20k, cushion cut, between 1.5 - 2 ct., G color. Can you please recommend what kind of cut and clarity specs would be good for a cushion cut? My gf's ring size is a 3.5 and I want her to have as much finger coverage as possible.

If anyone can please suggest anything I would greatly appreciate it as I'm starting to really research more about this. Thank you!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, probably the first thing I would recommend is take a look at some Good Old Gold Videos of August Vintage Cushions which are new diamonds cut in an Old Antique style versus Modern cushions and also they have videos if you look at the other videos in their playlist on different looks in Modern cushions as well. This should help you discern which type of cushions that your eye prefers and give you a starting point;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ_vjXY8J2k

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results