shape
carat
color
clarity

natural inclusions or diffusion results?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this sapphire with weird inclusions, it looks a bit odd to me if it is natural inclusion because it kinda of spread all over the stone evenly, but I'm not an expert in sapphires at all I am just wondering whether anyone here can tell it is an obvious result by diffusion treatment? Or that could be natural inclusions as well?

qq______20131024204623.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Edward Bristol|1382685478|3544303 said:
No, I know this type of inclusions from unheated stones.

Not very nice, but to my knowledge, not a conclusive sign for a treatment.

Can be of course, but must not.

Thank you Ed, so most likely it could be untreated?

iLander

Ideal_Rock

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE very rarely leaves tell tale signs - which is why it's incredibly difficult to determine and why a lab it usually recommended.

The spots you're seeing could be a number of things but from a photo I wouldn't say the gem was heated/unheated/treated.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1382718465|3544505 said:
I don't actually know, but this is a link to an article I saw when I looked up flame fusion ruby. It has a lot of good pictures.

http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/verneuil-synthetic-corundum-dangerous-curves.htm

Honestly, I think AGL testing is a bargain for peace of mind, and I'm just going to send everything to them now.

I just want to get some knowledge, I do not own it nor do I plan to buy it whatsoever.

Just think that're some inclusions not seen everyday. :razz:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL: here is a great site with awesome examples of inclusions in all different types of stones. Interestingly, despite a language barrier, it is still pretty easy to follow/interpret because technical terms are almost their own language!

http://www.geminterest.com/inclist.php

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1382718465|3544505 said:
Honestly, I think AGL testing is a bargain for peace of mind, and I'm just going to send everything to them now.

Ditto. For me, the pain is in sending the stone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know, I just took another look at the pic and realized that was the fingerprint of a finger in the background, which means that must be a teeny tiny stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results