shape
carat
color
clarity

Intergem Texas - who to look for?

paiger81

Rough_Rock
Intergem will be in Houston next weekend, it'll be our first time going. We're mainly on the hunt for a ceylon sapphire about 5.5mm for my e-ring but are always on the hunt for other pretty stones. So for you Intergem veterans, who do you love to look for when you go?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vancegems and Primagems are two dealers that are very popular with Pricescopers.

Have fun.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vance and Prima for sure. I was just there today (they're in Dallas) and even though I was just there an hour I already bought something from Vance Gems. The people who work there are suuuuuper nice and helpful. They both had some nice blue sapphires.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A third vote for Vance and Prima. I'm not sure if Paraiba International still goes on the road. Nomad has awesome gems but they only go to the main ones; I don't think you'll see their booth in Houston but I could be wrong.

paiger81

Rough_Rock
Thanks y'all!

I've contacted both Vance and Prima and both will have options for us to look at. Vance says they will have 24 options - this was before this weekend, so obviously some will be sold by the time we see them on Saturday. They also were awesome and offered us free tickets. Prima let me know that they will make sure to take extras of what we are looking for.

I'm excited, not just for the e-ring, but this is my first gem show. Excited to see stones - I'm curious about spinels =)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have fun and I'm sure it'll be the start of the slippery spinel slope. :bigsmile:

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
I want to go to the one in Houston! Not sure if my husband can get off work to go with me.

I met the folks at Prima Gems last spring. The gentleman who took the time to talk to me was very nice.

Will this one have beads like the one in the spring?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Have fun!!! Are you able to go on Friday afternoon? It is much less crowded then.

Lori

paiger81

Rough_Rock
We just got back from Intergem :) We found Vance Gems, they were awesome and my fiance LOVED Elke (he's German so they talked a bunch about the area she was from). I threw fiance off with my new knowledge about the stones, so THANK YOU Pricescope because when we were looking at options I could make observations about the saturation or windowing of certain stones. Elke even told fiance that I was pretty good but she did jokingly say that I'd missed some things when looking at the garnets.

Downfall of Intergem is that after we found what we wanted, I promptly fell in love with mint garnets, haha. Prima had some amazing ones, so I'll be saving my pennies for one of those bad boys in the future.

When Elke starting pulling stones for us, I made mention that the nail polish I was wearing is my favorite color on Earth. That gave Elke a great starting point to go from. We ended up with a 5.1 mm, .6 carat, heat treated Ceylon sapphire. Sorry if pics are blurry, best I could do with my cell phone. Pics are in the different lights, and you can see the e-ring that it will be set in. Will post better pics when it's set.

Thanks again, y'all!!

_131.jpeg

sapphire2.jpeg

_132.jpeg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
paiger81|1382209485|3540743 said:
We just got back from Intergem :) We found Vance Gems, they were awesome and my fiance LOVED Elke (he's German so they talked a bunch about the area she was from). I threw fiance off with my new knowledge about the stones, so THANK YOU Pricescope because when we were looking at options I could make observations about the saturation or windowing of certain stones. Elke even told fiance that I was pretty good but she did jokingly say that I'd missed some things when looking at the garnets.

Downfall of Intergem is that after we found what we wanted, I promptly fell in love with mint garnets, haha. Prima had some amazing ones, so I'll be saving my pennies for one of those bad boys in the future.

When Elke starting pulling stones for us, I made mention that the nail polish I was wearing is my favorite color on Earth. That gave Elke a great starting point to go from. We ended up with a 5.1 mm, .6 carat, heat treated Ceylon sapphire. Sorry if pics are blurry, best I could do with my cell phone. Pics are in the different lights, and you can see the e-ring that it will be set in. Will post better pics when it's set.

Thanks again, y'all!!

Congratulations!!!! Just so you know...the Intergem Show comes to Houston 4 times a year! They will be back in January.....

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had fun, learned new things, met great vendors AND found the right sapphire for your e-ring. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this before. Congrats on finding a stone - love that deep, saturated blue. Also, I too, love mint garnets, so I applaud your choice of stones. Can't wait to see what's in the future for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results