shape
carat
color
clarity

17 mm White Ripples from POJ:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Howdy "Wilma".

Wow, they look good. Impressions? Love 'em, or not?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Wowza Wilma :love: :love: :love: Now those are some big and beautiful pearls! Love the classic pairing with the black. And the earrings look amazing too :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
icy -- they are over-the-top and my first impression is laughter (at their craziness) and that I love them! NO ONE has commented on them at work. I'm not sure what that means. I guess they expect nothing less of crazy pearl lady...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1382451060|3542246 said:
icy -- they are over-the-top and my first impression is laughter (at their craziness) and that I love them! NO ONE has commented on them at work. I'm not sure what that means. I guess they expect nothing less of crazy pearl lady...

It's ok, you have a host of imaginary friends to help you with that... :tongue:

Woohoo! They look amazing on you! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:
And we NEED more pics! Neckshots, paper towels, comparatives against your other strands. Erm, did I miss anything else. Oh, both against your ripples and the souffles pls...

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- your wish is my command:

17 mm ripple set on white Kleenex in fading Northern natural light (you can see my white cell phone cover reflected in the bottom two pearls):

Neck shot 1:

Neck shot 2:

Neck/ear shot:

Comparisons per Icy's request up next.

17_mm_ripple_necklace_and_earrings.jpg

17_mm_ripple_necklace.jpg

17_mm_ripple_necklace_2.jpg

17_mm_ripple_set.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
17 mm with figs:

17 mm with bronzies:

17 mm with figs and bronzies:

17 mm with souffles:

Comments:

1) The earrings are not heavy at all. But the pearls pressing below the throat are heavy. I'm thinking they might be more comfortable over a turtleneck. I wore them for 10 hours or so today. Maybe they're more suitable for an evening out. I'd like to see them at night. I bet they are reflective and glowing -- like my souffles.

2) Kevin is a really nice person to work with. He is very accommodating and responsive.

17_mm_with_figs.jpg

17_mm_with_bronzies.jpg

17_mm_with_figs_and_bronzies.jpg

17_mm_with_souffles.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1382451060|3542246 said:
No one commented on them when they r so HUGE? But then again, in my years of pearl wearing, I have only only one small SS pendant which I have gotten compliments.Think it is cos it looks traditional.
The other ripples are dwarfed by this strand. Wow, Wilma indeed!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the neck shots and the comments. This strand looks amazing on you. They are huge and really dwarf all your other pearls except for the soufflés. I just got my Beaders Secret thread from Pattye, and I can see that I should make my strand long enough to lay on the breastbone and not the throat. I appreciate your insights and I hope you continue to wear them, at least as long as comfortable. :))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunningly gorgeous on you, too!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I have never seen ripples that big! I love it!!!!!!!!!!! You are petite, but they are not too big at all. Lovely!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: Thanks for all the photos! :appl: Been staring at the photos. :-o Your new ripples are crazy big!! I mean, I knew they were big but they looked sorta normal on you in the initial pics (they looked big but hey, I've seen the soufflés on you before k). But next to the 'normal' sized ripples, they are like the crazy pale monster cousins from the north.

But you do look good in them, really. Like not over the top big if you know what I mean? Sorry to hear that they are slightly uncomfy to wear tho.

YC|1382488667|3542626 said:
But then again, in my years of pearl wearing, I have only only one small SS pendant which I have gotten compliments.Think it is cos it looks traditional.

That's shocking (as in the lack of compliments). I usually get compliments from my colleagues and even once from a hawker when I went to buy lunch. Is it cos your colleagues don't wear pearls? My colleagues occasionally do so I think that's why they notice.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy -- I know what you mean about the size. They almost, but don't quite, cross the line into ludicrously big territory. They are just plain old huge.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic on you b! Thank you for posting more photos. You really got lucky with these, they are amazing :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results