shape
carat
color
clarity

New

Ms_A

Rough_Rock
Hey ladies,
I am new to pricescope. I am a lady in waiting. I am looking forward to chattng, and sharing!! I am from central IL! I am currently working on my engagment ring setting, while waiting for the perfect diamond!

nice to meet you all!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Might I ask where in IL? I'm a Chicago Burbs girl, but it's always exciting to meet someone from the home state.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1382395357|3541913 said:

Might I ask where in IL? I'm a Chicago Burbs girl, but it's always exciting to meet someone from the home state.

Derr...... :twirl:

Where in CENTRAL Illinois, I meant.

Ms_A

Rough_Rock

Hey MBKRH! I live in the champaign urbana area. About 4 hours south of the windy city!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ms_A|1382445907|3542198 said:

Hey MBKRH! I live in the champaign urbana area. About 4 hours south of the windy city!!

That's about where I figured. I've only been there once, and it was about 15 years ago lol... I don't really remember much.

Well, again welcome! Why don't you tell us more about yourself, your SO, the kind of ring you want, etc.... I know you are currently working on your setting. Care to tell us more?

We are a very curious bunch around here, and there are many ladies that are knowledgeable when it comes to settings, diamonds, etc.

Ms_A

Rough_Rock
More about me: My name is Ali.(hence Ms._A) I am twenty seven and this is my second marriage (or will be). I met Z (my SO) at a bar. We were like the odd couple, well we still are. He is so much different then I am. Actually, I was really really mean to him when I first met him. I always laughed at people who said, you just know when you met the right person, but I now understand. He is the best! I am currently a student working on my general education classes, while waiting to hear back from a nursing school I applied too. Z does construction. He builds huge beautiful houses with one other guy. It is truely amazing the stuff they build. We plan to build our own house once I get out of school. He also used to be a tile layer, so a lot of our free time is spent doing home improvement stuff, not only for us, but for other people too! HE does a lot of glass and ceremic tiling for people. We have three kids and two dogs. The kids are mine from a previous relationship, but the littlest one doesn't know his actual dad, so Z is definately his daddy! Which makes me wonder how much nurture influences over genetics. Anyway, we do everything together. Z is my best friend, and we do everything I mean everything together.

The setting: Here we go the good stuff! I fell in love with the sophie setting from Jbeg. I did not get in to order when they stopped making signature settings and I was really bummed out. I was surfing the net one day and it was like a miracle, there it was a Sophie setting with 3/4 pave, in palladium!! I really love the setting because of how the fleurs make little hearts at the prongs, kinda.. BUT.......I am a little nervous about this setting not working. I have also fell in love with a leigh jay natch ring. I am sort of on the fence on which one will be the ONE. I do only want one wedding set, so I only have one chance to get it right.

The diamond: I am looking for an antique cushion or august vintage cushion. I do want a lower color because I just love the contrast between high colored side stones and a lower color center stone. I am giving my local jeweler a chance to help me source a diamond, but in all honesty I don't know much about diamonds. When I get more information and if my local jeweler can help You bet I'll be asking for help. LOTS OF HELP!! :) If I cannot find an ACC locally, I will probably go with an AVC from good old gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results