shape
carat
color
clarity

how would I remake this?

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I found this pic on pinterest, and would like to remake this. What type of pearls and what sizes do you think these are? I HEART it.

5rows.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I am guessing FWP?

But really don't think it'll be easy to find 5 nicely graduated strands with the same overtone/lustre to make into one necklace like this. Maybe you can approach POJ or PP (as Bsomlo did for her metallic strand) to find for you from their regular suppliers?

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
I think the large size of the pearls would be the biggest issue. Otherwise, I don't think it would be impossible to find 5 graduated strands. The look I love is repeating graduation in one long rope that gets doubled or tripled for an undulating, layered effect. Graduated pearls are so pretty!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1382199971|3540667 said:
I found this pic on pinterest, and would like to remake this. What type of pearls and what sizes do you think these are? I HEART it.
No clue to what kind of pearls these are. They are very high luster. Sourcing that many matching and graduated strands might take a while. I would ask Jeremy at PP. He like to do these kinds of projects but it could take a year or more for him to find the right pearls. I do know that he came back from HongKong this past buying trip with graduated very fine luster pearls so he could already have these in his vault now.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi 4RG and all,

Well that is a very eye catching necklace for sure! See how identical the color and luster is on each pearl and how perfectly round? I'm fairly certain they are imitation glass pearls, perhaps Majorica, but good quality. A replica probably could be made with Swarovski pearls. I don't know much about Pintrest~do peeps just put up photos with no details?

Yes, Jeremy could probably source some graduated pearls, but doubt the largest would be THIS huge! In fact, I think he got some graduated strands in that are pretty awesome! Need I add that a 5 strander in genuine gem quality pearls would be a major purchase, especially with those jawbreaker size rounds in the middle??!!

Try a google search for graduated 5 strand pearl necklace, maybe you'll find the source for this actual piece with details; I'll be looking too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I hope the OP grabs it quick. You'll never be able to remake it for less.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Copied from the description.

Exquisite, multi-stranded set of creamy white Lucite pearls. 5 strands of varying sized creamy ivory white pearls - perfect, classic accessory for the vintage bride! Lovely, original silver hook style clasp with pearl extender chain offers an adjustable, generous length from 22" to 24". Absolutely stunning necklace - great for weddings or formal occasions.

To bad there is only one availiable.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
I would guess the biggest one is 12-14 mm. It is probably closer to 14 than any other size. You can guess the proportions if you print out the pictures and compare everything.
Nice pearls, probably south sea...
The etsy version looks interesting.
Another option may be shell pearl, or Majorica. It would be easy to find right size and assemble them together.
If you will decide to go for the real one, please post picture! It may be such an amazing project to do.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
The top strand looks a lot like the necklace Anne Hathaway wore in Batman :love: I hope to do a choker like it in South Sea and akoya pearls someday. Five strands would be crazy expensive, but magnificent :appl: I think it would be lovely too done in white Edisons and fw pearls.

anne-hathaway-necklace.jpg

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you all!!! I found it on pinterest and in my haste to get it did not even click the pin to see where it came from, lol. But yes, it is faux, I realized after. A good tester though, and you can't beat the price, so I may grab one and see how it fits into my life. Remaking it with SSP and Akoyas one day would be an dream though! :love: :love:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
jenncent -- Yes! Why not invest $38 and see if you like the look. If you love it, a future dream project could be to remake it with real pearls. There are multiple options regarding pearls that would work with this design, if you decided to remake it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results